Good luck

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 95



Jinsil eyed her parents, the two in their own conversation as she sat across from them, and she was nervous about where to begin. Her parents had thought it would be a simple dinner date, a family thing, just the three of them. They didn’t know that Jinsil had planned something entirely different for the two.

 

She watched as Jiyong moved to grab a piece of cucumber from Seunghyuns salad, and try to save the one piece by knocking it off of his fork. Though the two had spent a lifetime together they hardly aged in their love for one another.

 

Okay, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She could do this, she was 25 for God's sake. Who ever heard of a 25 year old who couldn’t relay big news to her own parents. Jinsil had never struggled to say something so badly in her life.

 

“I’m engaged.”

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun froze at the news. Slowly, slower than a little old woman with a cain, two sets of eyes settled on her. One face was filled with excited surprise while the other became stiffer than a bored. Jiyongs excited surprise grew in wattage as he came across the table to give his child a huge hug. Seunghyun was his opposite. He stayed seated, frozen, as he felt saw his small family celebrating.

 

“Congratulations sweetie.” Jiyong was ecstatic as he sat back down in his chair. He reached a hand out to grad Jinsil’s left hand to see the ring that wasn’t there. He let go of her hand in confusion.

 

Seunghyun had yet to say a word.

 

“I, um, we haven’t gotten the ring yet. We decided to go together.”

 

“You’re getting married?” Seunghyuns voice was low as he spoke. It hadn’t registered to him that his baby girl was old enough to get married. He wasn’t even aware that she was dating. Who the hell was this guy to take his child from him.

 

Jinsil nodded her head and Jiyong eyed his lover skeptically. He knew where Seunghyuns thoughts were going. Seunghyun and Jinsil had always been closer, she told him everything about her life.

 

“To who?”

 

His tone was strange, not upset and not sad. It was a strange mix between the two. Jiyong sent an encouraging smile the his nervous chile before placing his hand in Seunghyuns thigh and giving a firm squeeze. Both of his loves needed his support it seemed.

 

“I met him at grad school. He’s really nice-”

 

“To who?”

 

“You two are really going to like him, he lives not to far from-”

 

“Jinsil, to who?”

 

“And Daddy, you two have so much in common-”

 

“Jinsil Choi, who are you marrying?”

 

Jinsil’s mouth clamped shut at the mention of her name. Seunghyuns voice was becoming firm and she could feel the irritation flowing off of him in waves. She sent a glance at Jiyong who just shrugged. She shouldn’t have avoided the question in the first place.

 

“Daniel Johnson, he’s american.”

 

Seunghyun didn’t care about nationality, that wasn’t the point. The point was his child was marrying a man he couldn’t even approve of because he didn’t know him. And who proposes without a ring.

 

“He actually wanted to meet you two today. I invited him to come.”

 

She was anxious as she wasthced her parents faces change. Jiyongs in worry as he glanced at his love, and Seunghyuns in complete disbelief.

 

“I’ll go get him, I’ll be back.”

 

Her parents watched as she stood from her seat and Seunghyuns head snapped to Jiyong.

 

“Can you believe she’s getting married to a man we don’t know?”

 

“No, dear.”

 

“How can she do this to us? Does she not care about what we think?”

 

“I don’t think she thought it through dear.”

 

“I don’t approve of this. I never will.”

 

Jiyong sighed as Seunghyun pouted. He chucked as Seunghyun crossed his arms and poked his lip out farther then it could go. Jiyong chuckled at his loves antics. Seunghyun was all talk. He would probably love the boy before the night was over. Seunghyun wasn’t hard to please.

 

“I bet you’ll like him by the end of the night.”

 

It was the best way to make the situation less aggressive than Seunghyun was probably going to make it. If Seunghyuns mind was on the bet then he would be less likely to make the boy leave with his tail between his legs.

 

Seunghyun raised a brow. “What do you wager?”

 

Jiyong pretended to think about it but he would ultimately settle on the usual wager. “The usual, of course.”

 

Seunghyun smirked, holding his hand out to make the bet official. “Deal, good luck.”

 

Jiyong released the hand as Jinsil made her way back into the restaurant, a tall man with tan skin at her side. He was handsome, not as handsome as his husband but he was a force to be reckoned with. His kind smile was unsettling but the look in his eyes, the look of lost nerves as he sought comfort in his daughter's presence made Jiyong like him automatically. He looked at her the same way Seunghun often looked at him.

 

David awkwardly bowed at the two and Seunghyuns eyes were glued on the man as he pulled out Jinsils chair and helped her sit down.

 

The night progressed awkwardly as the four ate. Jiyong tried getting to know David but the boy was to nervous at the blank look Seunghyun was giving him. Jinsil had sent him many looks, pleading for help, but Jiyong could do nothing.

 

Seunghyun was stubborn when determined.

 

“Jin, don’t eat that. Eat mine instead.” The desert that Jinsil had ordered was filled with strawberries. Jinsil was allergic to berries, all types. Seunghyun and Jiyong's eyes stayed glued to the couple across from them as David switched their plates and took the first bite as though he had a strawberry obsession.

 

It was at that moment Jiyong knew Seunghyun lost the bet.

 

While Jiyong was making small talk with the aspiring lawyer, he had found out the one thing David hated more then failing grades was strawberries. He had never liked the little red fruit and would never eat them willingly.

 

The fact that he was willing to eat it too let Jinsil enjoy some type of desert spoke volumes of how much he cared about her.

 

“Alright, you win.” Seunghyuns voice was so low Jiyong barely heard him. “I’ll approve of this marriage thing.”

 

Jinsils smiled as though she had been gifted the world and David let out a breath of belated relief. Seunghyuns approval was probably the approval they wanted the most.

 

“You better take care of my daughter, you er.”

 

Jiyong could do nothing but laugh at Jinsils wine. Seunghyun would approve but he wouldn’t act as though he was 100% okay with it. Not yet, it was to soon.

 

Jinsil and David would have to wait a long time for that.


I really dont know, but I like domestic Gtop.

5 chapters left?