Go Back to Sleep

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 40


Long nights and restless slumber became part of his daily life at the age of 13. It was the year he had decided to completely abandon all hope for normalcy in attempt to make a name for himself in the company who produced big named stars such as Big Mama, Wheesung, Gummy, Se7en, Jinusean, and 1TYM. He didn’t know exactly what he wanted after leaving his companions behind and leaving the trainee life of SM, but he knew that he would never trade his restless nights to go back and change time. He was happy with his current life.

After the release of Lies and Haru Haru, he knew that he would never regret 6 years being a trainee again. He resented it when they first released the singles he had intended for himself but after adding the special color that would one day pave the way for Big Bangs success, he vowed to himself that he would give a little more of himself every time he put his name on a song he had any say in. His nights became so long that fatigue would start to wear him down. He wouldn’t care though. He longed to achieve the dream he had developed as a child and he would ride out his passion until he was completely burned out. It’s what made him a perfectionist.

In fact, he didn’t even realize the affect of spending 8 months getting only an hour of sleep until Youngbae had pointed out how tired he looked during his solo promotions of Heartbreaker. Of course his nights became stressed and his dreams became hellish. The time, effort, and heart he placed into his own work was ten times greater then anything he had ever produced before. This was his chance to finally become an artist. It would finally give him the opportunity to become the producer he had always dreamed of becoming. When solo promotion finally finished, and the tour was finally over, he slept for 3 days straight.

His constant strive to work without sleep is why he is in the situation he is in now. After 3 years of working on MADE, he just wanted to keep going over it and perfecting their performances before releasing it to their awaiting fans. He had gotten no sleep in the past week because this album deserved all of his, and the members, attention. They worked constantly in conduction the beats, dances, lyrics, and themes that would hopefully please their fans and remind them why BigBang is BigBang.

Jiyong looked to Seunghyun, who was spooning him from behind, and reached a hand behind him to ruffle the sleeping mans hair. They were supposed to be in the studio right now, they were going to record ‘Let’s not fall in Love,' but instead he was caught listening to the soft breathing of his sleeping lover. He smiled as the man behind him scrunched his face as his hair fell back onto his nose after being lifted off of it. The man was cute and in need of just as much asleep as the other.

While Jiyong spent his night composing the songs, Seunghyun spent his nights writing his lyrics, practicing his out of practice singing, and learning lines to the new web-drama that he was casted in. Barely did he get any sleep and most days he function on none.

Had Seunghyun not passed out on the bed with him as soon as his body touched his bed, then Jiyong would be somewhere else right now. He wouldn’t have just awoken from a 7 hour nap and Seunghyun would probably be sleeping alone. The only reason he wasn’t is because after 30 minutes of struggling to get up, Jiyong had given up after Seunghyun snuggled his face into his neck and whispered ‘I can’t sleep without you here’ in his ear. Jiyong had fallen asleep in the others arm shortly after.

Now, however, was a different story. Sure he was still tired, his body was begging him to get just a few more hours of sleep since it wouldn’t have time to rest during promotions, but he never really listened to what his body told him. He always did what he wanted. Plus, he really needed to get their song done.

“Jiyong.”

Jiyong startled at the sound of his name and he gently turned in the arms eloping him and smiled at the tired eyes of his lover. “Are you awake?”

“Hn.”

He wasn’t. Jiyong knew it, Seunghyun new it.  

The leader stared at his lover but smiled on the inside. Seunghyun was tired but he had a hard time sleeping when he wasn’t cuddling. Jiyong could substitute himself with a pillow but last time that happened Jiyong had to practically shred the pillow into pieces to get Seunghyun to sleep with him again.

His next sentence could result in one of two reactions. He could either go to the studio with his final three members, or he could stay in his sleepy lover’s arms and allow him a few extra hours of sleep and he could do the same.

The cuteness of the taller mans yawn made his decision that much easier.

“Go back to sleep.”


Thank you for the reviews to the last two chapters... I'm glad some of you enjoyed them :)