Have Fun

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chaper 52



 If it wasn’t happening directly in front of him, he wouldn’t have believed it. Youngbae was nervous. His usually calm, cool, and collected best friend for years was practically drowning in nerves. Jiyong bit his lip as he watched the man change into another outfit.

It was entertaining, to say the least. Who knew that a simple date would completely unravel the singer. When Jiyong had told him that he needed more emotion behind his voice to pull out the full potential of the song he hadn’t expected the man to come out and say he had a date. Jiyong thought Youngbae was kidding when he told him, and he thought he was taking the joke further by asking Jiyong and Seunghyun to help him get ready, obviously it wasn’t a joke.

Shirts, jeans, jackets, hats, shoes, and even socks were spread over the once spotless floor. Youngbae had tried on so many outfits that not even the hardwood was visible.

Jiyong jumped in his seat on the couch as a solid head connected with his shoulder. Seunghun had fallen asleep within minutes of arriving. The man had been busy with his own schedule and barely had any time to get any rest for himself. Jiyong was surprised when Seunghyun had agreed to even help Youngbae when he could have been in his own home sleeping. Seunghyun really cared for s more than he did himself. Jiyong caressed his hair.

“How this?"

This time Jiyong couldn’t hold it in. Laughter racked his frame at the ridiculous outfit Youngbae had tried on. Seunghyun groaned at the interruption of his sleep and he sat up and back to rest his head against the cushion. Jiyong apologized through his laughter and covered his mouth as Youngbae sent another glare his way. The singer had been sending him glares all day, and all day was a long time. They had started the fiasco at noon time, after meeting for lunch, and it was already 6, only an hour before he was supposed to pick his date up.

An actress, from JYP. Jiyong was proud.

“Are you serious? Why can’t you ever just say you don’t like something?”

Youngbae seethed as he crossed his arms. Jiyong waited anxiously for the pout that would normally accompany it but he was left feeling disappointed. Youngbae was too nervous for this date. Of course it was his first date so it was only natural for his nerves to be rattled, but if he kept going the way he was then the whole date would be ruined. Jiyong really didn’t want a call late at night about how much the other screwed it up.

Jiyong wiped the tears from his eyes as he calmed his laughter. “Calm down, Bae. I’ll help you honestly now.”

Youngbae looked skeptical as he stood from his seat and shuffled through the clothes on the floor. Grabbing hold of what he thought would go well together and would look good on the singer, he threw the clothes at the other man who caught them. “Try that on, you’re welcome.”

He watched Youngbae roll his eyes before making his way back into his bedroom. Jiyong sighed as he waited for the other to come out. He looked to the sleeping man and wished he was selfish enough to wake the man up to keep him company. He wouldn’t be bored waiting if he had someone to keep him company. He thought about texting the other two members in the group chat but opted not to. Youngbae didn’t want to tell the other two until he knew how things were going to go with Hyorin.

Jiyong knew his friend was just shy to admit he had a serious crush on a girl. He would be picked on for months. He grinned as Seunghyuns eyes fluttered.

The bedroom door opened and Jiyong held his hands together to his chest dramatically. “Oppa, you look so handsome.”

He smiled at the shy smile Youngbae sent his way. The man looked good with a white shirt with a graphic design on it and his dark washed jeans and a leather jacket. While the man was in the bedroom he chose out his own jewelry and a hat that he probably wasn’t going to keep on during the gestation of the date. He smoothed out his shirt. “You think so?”

Jiyong grinned wider at the happiness in his best friend's voice. “Hyunnie, what do you think?”

“You look good.” Seunghyuns gruff voice sounded as he leaned up off of the couch to wipe the sleep from his eyes. He had woken up right as Youngbae came out of his room.

“Thanks Hyung.” Youngbae looked at his phone to check the time. 30 minutes before he had to leave. Checking overhimslef in the mirror sitting in the living room, he was happy by the results.

“We should go since our work here is done.” Jiyong grabbed hold of Seunghyuns hand and pulled him off of the couch. Seunghyun stumbled in his drowsiness and Jiyong wrapped his hand around the man’s waist to keep him steady. Seunghyun was as drained as he looked.

“You’re not staying the night?” Youngbae followed the two as they made their way to the door.

Jiyong shook his head no as Seunghyun finally stood upright, stretching his long limbs. “Not tonight, gotta get this one to bed. Call me in the morning to let me know how the date went.”

Seunghyun sheepishly smiled as Youngbae finally looked at him. “Sorry I couldn’t be more help. I’ll make sure I’m well rested next time.”

Youngbae shook his head no. “Don’t worry about it, Hyung. I’m glad you came even though you look like you’re ready to pass out just standing there.”

“Let’s go Hyunnie.” Jiyong pushed the other man out of the front door and turned to face Youngbae. “Have a lot of fun tonight Bae. I’m not saying that things are going to be perfect but don’t stress too much if they aren’t. You deserve to be happy.”

According to Youngbae, early the next morning, things were perfect.



I'g glad you guys enjoyed the last chapter, I was worried about posting it. And I'm glad to know that you guys would read my new story. It makes me really happy. I want to write 2 more chapters before posting the first chapter though. That way I'll be able to update in a timely manner. 

Until next time~