“One more chapter”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 30



It wasn’t often that Jiyong found a book that stole his full attention. It wasn’t that he wasn’t interested in books, he just wasn’t interested in reading. So when Seunghyun came up to him, full of determination and excite, he was nearly appalled when a book was shoved into his hand and the order to ‘read it’ was given.

Jiyong was close to throwing the book back at the other man until his face lit up like a Christmas tree and he began to tell his leader about the passionate story between a pirate and a gypsy. Jiyong never laughed so hard in his life. It should have been hard, but it was really easy to imagine Seunghyun reading such a book. Sadly, Seunghyun took his laughing as a way of escaping and he was gone before the book could even be returned.

The red haired man was close, oh so close, to leaving the book abandoned in the studio but something told him not to. Seunghyun felt the same way about books as he did. If the other spent time reading the words written on the pages then it couldn’t be that bad.

No, it’s not worth it. Jiyong put the book on the desk beside him and finished what he was doing. The book, however, stayed on his mind. It wasn’t just on his mind it invaded it. His thought lingered on with curiosity as he drove home, took a shower, and even prepared for bed.

Sighing in irritation, Jiyong settled into bed, blanket covering his body and book in lap. He looked at the time, 11.p.m. It wasn’t a bad time to start reading. One of two things would happen, he would either read himself to sleep, or not like the book and go to sleep on his own. Either way, he wasn’t loosing anything.

It was a little disappointing, as he started out, that the book had nothing to do with pirates and a gypsy but the disappointment was squashed by exhilaration as the elegant words in the book brought life and color into the story. Jiyong’s eyes stayed glued to the pages as his eyes scanned carefully through each word in case any small detail was missed. It wasn’t often he found a book that he liked, but he was in love.

Jiyong felt his body become numb as the story continued, his body telling him he needed to put the book down and sleep before his busy day tomorrow. He ignored it. He promised himself one line before that line became a paragraph, the paragraph a page, and that page a chapter. He just didn’t want to put it down.

“Ji, why are you still up?”

The leader jumped at the voice and his eyes glanced up at the man standing in his bedroom door before showing the book and going back to reading. He had forgotten that Seunghyun was staying the night.

“You’re still reading?”

Jiyong sighed as the asked. He was almost annoyed by it. Why couldn’t the other do his business quietly so that he could finish reading in peace? “I’m waiting for pirates and gypsy’s.”

“You’re not going to find any.” Seunghyun moved to remove his clothes and he grabbed an abandoned hoodie on the floor of Jiyong’s closet and a pair of pajama pants out of his dresser before slipping them on and getting under the covers. He snuggled close to his smaller lover as the other sent him a glare.

“Spoilers.”

Seunghyun chucked and glanced at time. “Ji, maybe you should put the book down. It’s 3 in the morning and you have a busy day tomorrow.”

Jiyong scoffed at the other. He had worked a full day with less sleep in his system. Besides, he had planned on putting the book down after finishing the chapter he was on. “One more chapter.”

“Yeah, and one chapter quickly turns into three.” The taller man leaned up in the bed and grabbed the book from the others hands. Jiyong’s eyes widened as his hands became empty and he turned to glare at the book thief. “I’ll give this back in the morning.”

Seunghyun looked at the page number as Jiyong moved to snatch the book back and he slammed the book shut. He knew that the other would be peeved but he needed his sleep more. He knew the temptation of a good book; the same book had caused him to loose nearly two days of sleep. It was just that good. Thankfully, he wouldn’t allow the same thing to happen to the other. If Jiyong wanted to read the book he would have to do it during the day time so that he could rest at night.

 “Bastard, I was still reading that.”

“Finish in the morning.” He put the book in the nightstand beside his side of the bed and put an arm around the other, dragging the smaller man to nearly lay on his chest in attempt to cuddle. At Jiyong’s struggle for freedom, Seunghyun turned to his side, moving the other with him, and threw a leg over the other. “You may as well get comfortable; I’m not letting you go until morning.”

Jiyong yielded in his struggle before becoming dolce in the others arms. While his mind was on the book his body was comfortable in the others arms. The warmth from the other surrounded him and, although the leg thrown over him was becoming increasingly heavy, the rest of his body wanted nothing more in life but to stay still for the rest of his life.

Seunghyun closed his eyes as the other stilled and his own breathing evened out. He had finished the book just moments before passing it onto Jiyong so he was as sleep deprived as the other would have been if he kept reading.

“So, you’re really not going to let me read one more chapter?”

Eyes shot open at the whispered question and a sigh of irritation before dark eyes closed once again. “Go to sleep."


I am so sorry that it took me so long to update! I promise it wasn't on purpose, it's just I've been so busy with work I haven't had time to post anything. I'll try to get back on schedule with the posting though~

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement you guys passed my way... I really do appreciate each and every word.

How was this chapter? Good, or nah?