"Is it okay?"

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 41


Sometimes, but not always, Daesung found himself wondering how their relationship worked. Though he knew the ins and outs of the relationship as though it was his own, curtesy of being Seunghyun’s best friend, the way they tended to others made him wonder just how into their relationship they were.

Jiyong was a confusing man when you knew him on a deeper level. He was openly affectionate many people who surrounded him but he was most affectionate with Seungri. It was always an interesting display when Jiyong tried to force his love on the youngest while the youngest often pushed him away. However, as interesting it was, it added a level of complexity to their relationship that he didn’t think there was a need for. Watching Jiyong hang all over Seungri made him question his true intentions with his best friend and Daesung didn’t like it. It wasn’t often that he felt some type of bitterness towards his leader, but sometimes he couldn’t help it. Those feelings only lingered longer when Seunghyun would call or text him in the middle of the night to complain about CL that Jiyong was flirting with, or the maknae that Jiyong had ditched him for.

Seunghyun was a different entity entirely. To put it in the simplest term that he could think of, the older man was weird. The things he did made little to no sense but he always did what he wanted to do without little advice from others. The man wore his heart on his sleeve and followed that sleeve like a dog on a leash. His heart was his guide. What made Seunghyun weird, because many people follow their hearts, is that the older man often contemplated his opinions and moves more that people thought he did. Once you got past his blank stares and sometimes corny jokes, you can see the complexity that makes Choi Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun.

A few weeks ago there was a noticeable shift in the dynamics of their relationship and Daesung wondered idly what it was. The overly affectionate Jiyong became less giving and the push over Seunghyun became more stern. For the first time since finding out about the relationship, Daesung was left in the dark.

His eyes stayed glued to Seunghyun as Jiyong made his way over to the older man. Whispers passed between the two and the only few words Daesung was able to make out about the conversation was ‘Seungri,’ and ‘is it okay?’ Seunghyun frowned at the question and shook his head no in response to what ever was going on between the two and Daesung oddly wished he was close enough to hear though it was none of his business.

He half expected for the older man to storm off with the small tension that had formed between the two but he was pleasantly surprised when the tension flew away as quickly as it had arrived. Jiyong smiled his shy smile and Seunghyun grinned full force. The grin was one of full joy and Daesung realized that, though it was complex to him, the two in the relationship found it easy.

Often, almost always, Daesung knew that Jiyong would make his best friend happy. 


I'm reallyyy sorry about the delayment of this chapter. Not only did I struggle to ge it written, but I also had the worst week in the history of my 22 years of living. Stress has done nothing but control my life and slice my creativity in half. On a lighter note, I have the next chapter already 3/4ths of the way written so it should be posted by tomorrow of Monday. 

S.O.S- I need help with another chapter promt: "After you." If you have any ideas what I can do for this chapter you can either message me or comment below. I've been struggling with this chapter for weeks now, it was supposed to be chapter 35. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your constant reviews, guys. It really means alot to me and they really do keep me motivated to keep writing for you.