"Don't Cry"

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 38



There weren’t many times that Seunghyun let out all of his emotions and cried. In fact, Jiyong knew of a total of three times.

The first time he had seen Seunghyun cry was before debut. The older man had always had an air of joy around him but sometimes the stress of being a trainee became too much. Learning to sing, learning to write, and learning to dance becomes too much when you only specialize in one area. Seunghyun had been tasked with doing all three in the span of two days. Jiyong would watch day in and out as the older man struggled to the point of full blown tears because his body never moved the way that he desired it to. Jiyong also remembers him crying to himself in a small broom closet for close to 15 minutes after the president told him that he failed and that he was a disappointment when it came to dance.

The second time Jiyong saw Seunghyun cry was during his during one of the biggest fights they had ever had in their 4 years as a couple. Words were said that were not meant to be said and Jiyong had stormed out a single man. He had cried that night but he never expected to find Seunghyun crying on his door step, telling him not to cry and if he was going to cry then they would cry together. Things had worked out for the best, their relationship had grown stronger through the tears.

The last time Jiyong had seen him cry was when he found out Charley had passed. It had been difficult for Seunghyun to say goodbye to his best friend but he, as well as the others, had been there to comfort his shaking form and wipe his ever falling tears. After the others left, Jiyong remained until the last tear dried. It was the most emotional he had ever seen the other, Jiyong vowed to never let the older man cry his tears alone.

That vow alone was the reason he was at Seunghyuns parents house asking to see to their son. He had gotten word from Daesung that Seunghyun had gotten some news about a member of his family. Knowing how family oriented Seunghyun was, he knew that the other would already be crying by the time he saw him.

Mrs. Choi let him into their home with a small smile and Jiyong offered his condolences to a situation that he really didn’t know. The aging woman simply gave him a warm hug and directed him in the direction of the back yard.

The sight that greeted him was one he hadn’t expected. Seunghyun was there, his shoulders were slightly slumped, but he wasn’t crying like Jiyong had expected. Instead he sat on the grassy ground, playing with his nephew who lived a life with no worries. Jiyong idly wondered where the boy’s parents were before getting comfortable in a spot beside his love and playing along. The greetings were non-existent but Jiyong noticed the way Seunghyuns shoulders rose just a little. While Seunghyun’s mother called the little boy in for dinner, Jiyong had turned to Seunghyun and said, “Don’t cry. If you cry, make sure I’m with you so you don’t cry alone.”

Tears didn’t actually come until the two were in the car and halfway to Jiyong’s house. He had feared that Seunghyun would have a breakdown on his way home and he was right. The car had been completely silent; the radio was turned off.

It would mark the fourth time Jiyong had seen his loved one cry, and he had been, and would be there for him every time.



So, I literally spent days without internet or cable... do you want to know what I did in the span of those few days? I re-read Harry Potter. SIgh, at least I have the internet back. 

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this story as much as you enjoyed the last one. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the reviews :D