I Want You to Have This

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 76


He was used to it by now, at least he should have been. The screaming, the yelling, the constant physical and mental abuse he received for their amusement. It happened all the time, tending to cuts and bruises that marked his once flawless body. The scars created by rubbing up against the concrete hurt worse then the bruises.

"You're so stupid."

The first one had a high voice.

"This is why nobody likes you."

The second one always said that.

"Not even your mom likes you."

They were cruel, but they did it for fun.

"Stupid, dork."

He wanted to cry.

"Worthless, loser."

He bit back the tears.

He should be used to this, he wasn't.

He flinched as his friends raised extended legs again, intending to cause another bruise on his side. His body screamed bloody murder as the feet connected with his already tender side.

 

It happened often, his friends would get mad at him, they would push him down and start kicking or hitting him. He wouldn't get mad though. These were his friends, the only friends he had. He would be alone without them.

 

His mom didn't like them.

 

“I don't even know why we let you hang out with us, Seunghyun.”

 

The last one finally spoke. The ringleader, the leader of the pack. They used to be bestfriends. They would spend all of their time together but after getting into middle school, things changed. His best friend became the cool kid and he became their target.

 

He didn't mind though, they were friends.

 

They told him so.
 

He clenched his eyes as the kicking became lighter, they were getting tired.

“Hey! What are you doing to him?”

 

A new voice. One he had never heard before. He kept curled on his side as an argument sounded around him. He couldn't hear the words being said because of the blood pooling to his ears, but their tones were aggressive.  He hated when people fought.

 

“We were done anyway. Let's go guys, let's not waste anymore time on this loser.”

 

Seunghyun flinched as a warm hand rubbed his hair out of his face. It was a gentle touch, a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

He opened an eye and glanced at the stranger leaning over him. A kid around his age with greasy black hair and a shirt too big for his smaller frame.

 

Seunghyun nodded his head as he was helped into a sitting position before struggling to stand on his own two feet. He was fine.

 

“You don't look fine. Why were those  kids bullying you?”

 

Bullying. Seunghyun hated that word. “They weren't bullying me, they're my friends.”

 

Friends didn't bully friends. They liked him.

 

The kid scoffed as he lifted Seunghyuns shirt to assess the damage done. Seunghyun tried to push away but he was to tender to move. He had to let the kid tend to him.

 

“That was bullying, you need new friends.”

 

Seunghyun looked down to his dirty shirt and bleeding wounds. It was worse than it normally was, it was growing more aggressive with every beating he received. He felt smaller than the boy looking him with those light brown eyes.

 

“I can't have other friends, no one will like me.”

 

Silence settled between the two as tears began to flow from his bruised eyes. He felt so alone, he hated it. He took the abuse because they always told him that no one liked him. They would say that they were the only ones that would tolerate him.

 

He believed them.

 

“I'll be your friend. Hi, I'm Kwon Jiyong. I'm going to be a star one day. What's your name?”

 

I'll be your friend

 

The words echoed in his ears as soon as they were said. A friend, no strings attached. He could have a friend. The others were wrong. “I'm Choi Seunghyun. I'm going to be a rapper one day.”

 

The boy grinned before digging into his pocket. He pulled out a card before taking a pencil from his bookbag and writing a number on the back before pushing it into Seunghyuns empty hand.

 

“I want you to have this, it's a good luck charm. Next time those kids come back to visit you, beat them up because you're not a push over anymore. My numbers on the back so if you need back up I'll come running.”

 

Seunghyun looked down at the card, YG Entertainment, before looking back up at the grinning Jiyong. He had a beautiful smile. Seunghyun knew the boy would be famous on day.

 

“Since your all bruised up, let's go to my house so we can put some bandaid on you. I live close. When we're done you can help me with the song that I have to write for homework, my rapper friend.”

 

For the first time in months Seunghyun smiled. He really was going to have a friend, a friend who lived in the same neighborhood. He wouldn't be alone anymore.

 

He could only nod as the other boy led him to his house.

 

##

 

Seunghyun smiled at the memory as he prepared for their next stage. The crowed over flooding the venue was waiting loudly in anticipation for the start of the show.

 

The small tattered card was held firmly in his hand.

 

“Hyung, what are you looking at?”

 

Jiyong wrapped his arms around his midsection, laying his head on the broad back of his lover.

 

“The card you gave me when we first met. Why were you carrying it around?”

 

Jiyong shrugged at the question. “I told you I was going to be a star one day. That was the very first card a YG rep gave me when they tried stealing me from SM.”

 

A calming silence settled between the two as their thought lingered in different directions.

 

“Why do you still have it?”

 

Seunghyun shrugged I turn. It was the first thing that his now lover gave him, it was the first gift he had ever received from a friend.

 

“It's my good luck charm.”


You guys really know how ot make a girl feel good about herself. Since so many people asked/requested a continuation of the previous chapter, I'll grant your wishes. I don't know what chapter it'll be exactally but I'll work on it as soon as a propt arives. Since I know there's an alterior motive to why you guys want it, I promise to add on full ... lol.

Can you believe that I've made it to 200 reviews?! I'm so surprised I don't even know how to react. I'm so happy that I can write on forever.

Speaking of writing, chapter 6 of Memories is up. If you have the time drop by that story and leave a review about what you think. I'd greatly appreciate yout time!