I was in the Neighborhood

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 82


4 weeks, 2 days. More then a full month.

That was how long it had been since he had heard his lover’s voice.

They had gotten into a fight before his final flight to Germany, the flight that would bound him in his location for filming, and they hadn’t spoken since. The only communication they had was when he had let the other know that he had landed safely and he was coerced into sending it by his manager.

Jiyong didn’t even reply to the text.

Normally the fights that happened between the two was short lived, lasting less than a day. Seunghyun having to leave the country a few hours after the fight hadn’t helped in their reconciliation hadn’t helped matters either.

Seunghyun sighed as he prepared to film his next scene. It was tiring and required more action then he was anticipating but he was managing as well as the rest of them. He hadn’t filmed an actual action film in a while and he wasn’t as young as he used to be, no matter how in shape he was.

He missed s, the familiarity they brought to him. Seunghyun missed Seungri's cute ways, Youngbae’s sass, Daesung's smiles, and Jiyongs laughter. He wished he could see all of them. He was lonely, and he knew they were to busy to visit. The loneliness was making the fight that much harder.

All he had received from them was a letter from Youngbae and a few text messages.

“Seunghyun, what’s got you feeling down?” Cecilia’s broken english broke through his thoughts and he sent a smile at the woman. He had never met an international actress with her personality. She was much more laid back and mellow the he thought she would be.

“How’d you know I was feeling down?”

The woman chucked and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. The woman was attractive with over flowing elegance. “It was obvious. You keep staring at your phone so I’m assuming you got into a fight with your girlfriend?”

She wasn’t 100% sure of her assumption but she was right, other than the fact that the girlfriend was a boyfriend, but she didn’t need to know that. Seunghun glanced back down at his phone before sticking it into his back pocket. “We got into a fight before I left Korea and haven’t talked since.”

Cecilia hummed in response and crossed her arms over her chest. She thought over what to say and Seunghyun didn’t know what to expect from the woman.

“When it comes to woman, she’s always right.”

Seunghyun had been told that as a child but Jiyong wasn’t a woman. Did the same thing apply to him? Even when he really was wrong? Either way, it wasn’t a right or wrong situation.  “I don’t think saying I’m wrong will fix this one. It hardly ever does. Normally we can just talk out all of our problems.”

They sat in silence as the woman thought of some serious advice to offer up. Seunghyun could tell the woman was trying to be as helpful as she could but Seunghyun wasn’t one to tell all of  the personal matters of his problems. It was one of the reasons he was fighting with Jiyong now. The younger man had accusing him of being tuned out to Jiyong and pushing him away even though he had no intentions to do so. He was just so accustomed to handling his problems by himself that he wasn’t used to dividing the stress.

It was a problem that only became worse when he was about to start a filming project on his own. Sure, the worry and arguments had been understandable when he was filming during the tour, but he thought he had gotten better at it. Jiyong didn’t seem to agree.

Either way, the argument escalated from there when Seunghyun accused Jiyong of doing the same thing when music was involved. If Seunghyun pushed his lover away during filming then Jiyong pushed him away during recording, or writing, and Jiyong was always in a writing mindset. He aimed below the belt in accusing Jiyong of always neglecting him.

Jiyong wasn’t happy to hear the accusation.

“You seem to be thinking really hard.”

Cecilia's voice cut through his thoughts and he was thankful. He had a job to do and he wouldn’t be able to get it done if Jiyong was on his mind. His previous scene already wasn’t at 100% because of lingering thoughts.

“Set the stage!”

The director's voice flowed over the pair and Seunghyun headed to his position.

##

When he made it back to his hotel room he wanted nothing more than to sleep. Recording had gone longer than planned and the sun had set hours ago. The director had thought about rescheduling filming for tomorrow but the person who had rented out the building they were filming in had cancelled so they were able to get the whole scene done in one day.

That meant he would be able to sleep in the next morning.

Seunghyun glanced at his phone before tossing it to his bed and walking to the bathroom to wash the makeup off of his face.

No missed calls, no new messages.

It was to be expected though. Youngbae was spending much needed time with his girl, Seungri was networking, and Daesung had gone home to his family. He wasn’t sure what Jiyong was currently doing, getting prepared for his endorsements probably. He was pretty sure they had a fan meet coming up.

Seunghyun felt the tension in his body leave as the water splashed his worries away. He turned off the faucet and grabbed a cotton white towel from the towel rack that the maids of the hotel had neatly folded.

A knock on the front door halted him momentarily before he continued to pat the water off of his face. The knock became excessive as he slowly made his way to the front door. His eye caught the time as he walked and he wondered who could be at his door so close to midnight. He would have ignored the knock’s had the knocks not become obnoxiously loud.

Opening the door, Seunghyun was surprised to see a nervous looking Jiyong standing in front. His confusion must have shown on his face because JIyong quickly averted his gaze and rocked on his heels. He only did so when he was either too shy, or unsure. Seunghyun would always be the one to figure it out.

“Umm, I was in the neighborhood.”

Unsure, most definitely. Of all of the things the man could say this was hands down the most ridiculous. Jiyong should be in Korea, not Germany. Why was he there, what was his reason?

“You were in the neighborhood?”

Jiyong winced at the ridiculousness before an irritating sigh left his lips. He flung his hands down against his side in frustration and finally turned his gaze to meet Seunghyuns. The rappers gaze stayed steady, open, to whatever the other man was about to say.

One of two things could happen. They were either going to break up, or work things out. What ever Jiyong was about to say would be the determining factor.

“I’m tired of fighting with you. Let’s make up and act like this never happened while you're here. I don’t like not being able to talk to you everyday and it’s killing me not to know what going on in your life. If you want to talk about our fight when you come back to Korea then we can, but I call ceasefire while we’re away from each other. I can’t take it.”

Seunghyun stared wide-eyed at the others confession. It wasn’t often Jiyong shared all of his thoughts in one go. Jiyong liked to hold things in and Seunghyun was the one to coax them out. It was how their relationship worked at its best but Seunghyun had no problem getting a direct answer.

Jiyong fidgeted as the quiet continued. “I’ll just be going. That’s all I came for.”

Seunghyun reached to grab Jiyong's hand as the other turned, fully intending to pack up his embarrassment and leave. Seunghyun didn’t want that though. Now that the fighting was at a standstill, he wanted Jiyong to stay with him.

“Where are you going?”

Jiyong turned back to look at the man, unsurity still present in the forefront. “To my hotel, It’s getting late and-”

“Stay here.”

“I can’t.” Jiyong shook his head no and Seunghyun wasn’t going to take that for an answer.

“When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Then stay the night. Cancel your reservation and have whoever you came with bring your clothes here.”

Jiyong thought things over before shaking his head again. He felt embarrassed and nervous with Seunghyun after everything he had just said and Seunghyun knew it. Jiyong wore his heart on his sleeve.

“You have filming tomorrow and-”

“Stay with me tonight. I’ve missed you.”

Slowly, JIyong's face began to color as he receded in his stance. It was really all he wanted, to know he was as missed as he missed the man in front of him. Gripping the hand holding onto his own, Jiyong turned to face him completely. A shy smile grew on his lips.

“Okay.”


A little fluffy, the ending is the best in my opinion.