“I saved a piece for you”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 9


This was inspired by the scene in Healing Camp when Taeyang talked about how hard it was to get together with TOP. This story, obviously, does not take place in current times but in the past.


He was the last one to arrive to the restaurant. s sat around one table. Meat was already on the grill and Jiyong felt his stomach sing in anticipation. It would be his first meal of the day.

Collective calls of Jiyong and Hyung rang through the restaurant as he moved closer to take a seat with s. Seungri sat to his right while Taeyang and Daesung sat across from him. He smiled as they smiled at him.

Seungri pushed a bottle of beer in his hand as got comfortable in his seat.

“Have you heard from Seunghyun-hyung?” Taeyang sounded irritated as he asked the question.

Jiyong shook his head no as he took of sip of his beer. Seungri and Daesung continued to cook the meet. They must not have heard from him either.

“He was the one who suggested we meet up, where is he?” Taeyang had every right to be frustrated at the man. It was already hard enough to have meals, gatherings, as a full group. The person who suggested the meet up should at least show up.

“Call him, I haven’t heard from him all day.” Which was true. Jiyong and Seunghyun have the type of relationship where they can go hours without speaking and be completely fine. Busy schedules prevented constant communication anyway.

Taeyang sighed as he pulled out his phone.

Jiyong’s focus was pulled away as Seungri put some fresh meat on his plate. Jiyong smirked at the sight. The best thing Seunghyun ever did was talk about the meat story on TV. Seungri had been grilling the meat ever since.

“Aigoo, our Seungri is such a good cook.” Jiyong moved to pinch the youngest cheeks.

“Ah, Hyung. Stop!” The wine in his voice was absolutely adorable in Jiyong’s opinion. It made him want to more.

“Hyung is right Seungri. You have gotten better with the meat.” Daesung agreed as he put some meat on Youngbae’s plate before making his own lettuce wrap and swallowing it whole.

Seungri’s face lit up with pride at the compliment. Jiyong felt the desire to pinch his cheeks again.

“Top-hyung’s not coming.”

The members looked at Taeyang as he hung up his phone. Using Seunghyun’s stage name meant he was upset about it. Once again, he had every right to be.

Jiyong ate his meat in silence.

“Where’s he at?” Daesung was upset too, it was obvious as he put his newly made wrap back down on his plate and stared at Taeyang intently. His smile wasn’t there anymore. Seungri was the only one not looking upset by the news. Honestly, they should all be used to Seunghyun not showing up anymore.

“Out to eat with Park Tae Hwan.”

Jiyong’s eyes grew wide at the name. Why was Seunghyun with him and not s?

Silence filled the room as they thought about what was said. It was awkward now and Jiyong didn’t really know what to say to fix it. Thankfully, his other members were better talkers then he was.

“Ah, it must be because he’s a gold medalist.”

Jiyong and Daesung chuckled at the mankes remark. Leave it to Seungri to brighten the mood back up. Jiyong took another sip of his beer.

“I guess I should win a gold medal to have a meal.”

The table laughed harder with Taeyang’s remark. Laughter continued to fill the room as the night went on. When closing time finally came, neither of them wanted to separate. The only thing that would have made the time perfect is all of the members.

After hugging ’s goodbye, Jiyong made his way to his car, checking his phone in the process. 1 txt message flashed across his screen.

I’m at your place

The message was sent an hour ago and Jiyong was thankful he had given Seunghyun a key to his house. He didn’t want the man to get sick.

The drive home was quick and he was happy to finally be back in the warmth of his own home. He was surprised to see Seunghyun on his living room couch. It was only midnight. Normally, when Seunghyun went out he stayed out until the early morning.

“I thought you would still be out.” Jiyong skipped the formalities when addressing his lover. He was a little upset that the man bailed on them. Not as mad as Taeyang had been, but still upset. The least Seunghyun could have done it texted him if he was planning to bail.

“I wanted to see you before I went home.”

Jiyong hummed as he greeted Gaho. The pup was happy to see him. “Youngbae’s mad at you.”

“I’ll make it up to him tomorrow.”

An uncomfortable silence settled between the two, neither knowing what to say. Jiyong sat in the captains chair next to the love seat Seunghyun occupied. It was his subtle way of letting him know that he was a little upset as well.

“I met with Tae Hwan.”

“I know.” His voice was colder then intended and Seunghyun flinched at the tone. He wasn’t used to being on the receiving in.

“We went to Manhattan Grill; it was for business.”

Jiyong felt his annoyance grow at the revelation. Not only did Seunghyun bail on the ‘family’ dinner, he also went to the one place Jiyong had been begging him to take them. He had heard nothing but good things about the restaurant. Tablo and Kanghye had gone a few months ago as a date night and had been bragging about the taste of steak and the expensive bottle of Amarone. Jiyong had been begging to go ever since.

“Are you mad at me too?"

Jiyong took notice of the car keys held tightly in Seunghyuns hand. If he still had his keys in his hands, then he expected Jiyong to get mad at him and tell him to go home for the night. Jiyong gritted his teeth. “Furious.”

“I’ll make it up to you,” a quick response, “and Youngbae too.”

“How?”

Silence settled again. Seunghyun tended to talk faster then his brain processed thoughts. This was an example of that. “I don’t know yet.”

Jiyong was beginning to get sick of the silence that continued to flow around the two. He closed his eyes and laid his bead back on the cushion. It was getting late, he was tired, and he wished his irritating guest would leave already.

“I think I have something that would make you feel better.”

Jiyong opened one eyes to look at the other man. He looked nervous for some reason. Jiyong scoffed at the sight. “And what would that be?”

Seunghyun looked pleased that Jiyong was willing to entertain him. It meant that Jiyong wasn’t s mad as he pretended to be. “When we were eating I recognized the name of the place as the one you really wanted to go to, for the steak.”

Jiyong motioned for him to continue.

“So, when I ordered my steak I ordered it the way you like it. Honestly though, you have got to stop eating medium rare. It can’t be healthy to eat pink meant.”

“Seunghyun, get to the point. I’m tired."

“Right, I only ate a few bites of the steak so that my stomach wouldn’t make noise during the meeting and I brought you the rest on my meal. I thought we could sit together while you ate”

Jiyong leaned up in the chair and stared hard at Seunghyuns face in search of a lie. Seunghyun never shares his food, he also never had left overs.

“I saved a piece of cake for you too.”

All the frustration he felt earlier melted away in a flash. It was true what they say, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. He felt himself falling in love all over again.


 

Hey guys, thanks alot for the comments. I actually felt really insecure about chapter 7, and that insecurity kind of drifted into chapter 8 as well. With that being said, my favorite chapter is coming up soon! Chapter 11!!! Look forward to it, and thanks again for the reviews!!