"Sorry for your loss"

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 10



Charlie was his best friend. The furry companion was always there when he needed some extra attention, or unconditional love that his fans neglected to give. Charlie was everything to him, doubling as a brother, a friend and a child. Charlie would always be there for him.

Except, Charlie wasn’t there anymore.

He thought that the constant understanding from the comments on his Instagram post would make him feel a little better but it didn’t. If anything it made him worse. Every time a fan told him that he would be okay reminded him that he wasn’t okay, he didn’t think he would ever be okay again.

He felt as though his best friend had died, it wasn’t far from the truth.

Seunghyun pulled out his phone to the onslaught of comments. T.O.P, don’t feel bad. Charlie’s in a better place. Seunghyun scoffed and threw his phone across the room. What did those people know? How was Charlie in a better place when the best place for him to be was with Seunghyun.

He didn’t want to think anymore. Not about the company, the upcoming tour, their new album, nothing. Nothing seemed worth it anymore. Seunghyun just wanted to lay where he was, head stuffed in hip pillow, hood pulled over his head, and meet his Charlie in paradise.

He missed his friend.

Seunghyun fell asleep shortly after.


The house was cold as they made their way in. The members followed closely behind him as though they were nervous. They had every right to be, they had only been to the rappers’ house one or two times after he bought it. Seunghyun wasn’t a huge fan of letting others into his home.  

Jiyong lead the others to the kitchen first, they set their bags of groceries on the counter and Youngbae, Daesung, and Seungri moved to start the meal they were preparing. They all knew that Seunghyun would want to be alone as he coped but neither member wanted to see the man go through a painful situation by himself. He had always been there for them so they would do the same.

The others moved as though the house was their own as they prepared the food. Jiyong felt useless. He wasn’t a good cook. The only thing he really knew how to make was cereal and a sandwich.

 He stood helplessly in the corner as they moved around him.

“Jiyong, you can go get Seunghyun-hyung now. The food should be done by the time you get back.” Taeyang voice was directed at him but his eyes remained on the frying pan in front of him.

“Okay.” Jiyong moved as he was told.

The air seemed to get colder as he made his way to the rapper’s room. For it to be so bright out side, the house was extremely dark on the upper levels. The curtains downstairs had natural light that crept through the sheer curtains but upstairs was much more dark. What was supposed to be viewed as homey turned into something cold and depressing. Jiyong shivered at the thought.

Jiyong opened the door to the room as quietly as he could, he left it open behind him. The sight before him left his heart heavy. Seunghyun was laying, curled in a ball, on his bed facing the wall. He didn’t want to be bothered, he wanted to shut the world out.

Carefully, Jiyong moved to lay on the bed with him, curling up behind him in attempt to spoon the other man.

“Are you up?” His voice was barely a whisper.

“I heard you guys in the kitchen.” His voice was groggy.

“Your mom texted us, are you okay?”

Jiyong waited for a reply but got nothing but a sniffle. Seunghyun wrapped his arms around himself tighter and Jiyong couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t imagine loosing a companion who had been with him most of his life, he didn’t want to. He turned his head to find the rest of the members standing by the door. Their silent support was strengthening.

He sent them a small smile and watched as they each disappeared from the door, Youngbae leaving with a silent ‘fighting’ and a sad smile. He closed the door behind him.

Jiyong wasn’t sure how long they laid there but he knew for sure the food was getting cold. If he listened hard enough he could hear the faint sounds of voices creeping through the door. It was comforting to know they were still there.

“Hey, Seungie?” Silence again, “I’m sorry for your loss.”

And he broke. Sobs wrecked through the older mans body and Jiyong just held on tighter. He didn’t know how long the man would cry, or how long he would grieve but there was one thing he knew for sure, he would be right there next to him.


I hate this chapter. I mean I can’t stand how it turned out. The tone is way sadder then I normaly do. *Sigh* Sadly, Charlie is the first one I thought about when I read the prompt.  R.I.P Charlie

Side note: My favorite chapter is coming up next, it's so full of fluff you may explode rainbows, unicorns, and cotten candy.