You can go first

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 46


When Jiyong said he would make it up to the older man he had been completely honest. Seunghyun, to say the least, was completely surprised.

The day after Jiyong had ditched him for Soo, Seunghyun had been actively avoiding the younger man. He hadn’t planned on remaining mad at the younger man but if Jiyong held no consequence to his actions then he would continue to do the same thing. If there was anything Jiyong hated more than someone having the same shoes he had, it was being ignored.

After a full week of Seunghyuns plan working, Jiyong having constantly been trying to get into touch with him to spend quality time, he had been surprised to receive a text from his young lover stating that he had planned on spending the whole day at Seunghyuns, curled up on his couch with some pizza and a nice cold beer. Obviously since Jiyongs plans included Seunghyuns home, Seunghyun was forced to agree to the plans.

For the first time in weeks they had absolutely no interruptions as the members were instructed by Jiyong to handle all things involving the group because the oldest two members would be preoccupied with personal matters. According to Jiyong, the others had readily agreed. They were tired to the light tension that had formed between the two. They weren't fans of awkward atmospheres.

When it was well past midnight and Seunghyun had curled under his thick quilt as he drifted to sleep, he was satisfied to have Jiyong secure in his arms. He was glad that he finally got his full day with his lover.

The morning after, Seunghyun couldn’t contain his grin as he woke from his slumber and worked his way into his kitchen for a glass of water, the last thing he expected to see was his mother hovering over the stove and the fresh smell of bacon filling the air.

Seunghyuns heart and grin dropped as his mother turned to him with a welcoming smile and a sweet good morning. She was there earlier then she was supposed to be, probably in order to surprise Seunghyun with a full breakfast that she swore he never ate.

They had made plans earlier that week to spend the afternoon together but it was nowhere near their predetermined meet time. Seunghun checked the clock hanging on the wall, his mother was 2 and a half hours early.

The taller man greeted his mother with a kiss on her cheek and forced a smile onto his face. Normally he would be happy to see his mother, he had always been a mama’s boy, but with Jiyong laying in his bed with just his long shirt to cover his otherwise body, the joy didn't come. He had been meaning to tell his mother about this relationship when it had first started but he never found the time. His mother wasn’t even aware of his preference.

The rapper let out a hesiten laugh as his mother's eyes narrowed in contemplation. He knew she would see right through him.  

“Seunghyun, I thought we were going to take a shower.” Jiyong's voice flowed from the hallway and Seunghyun jumped in surprise before looking over his shoulder to see the smaller man stumble in his tiered manner into the kitchen  

He watched with held breath as Jiyong froze. The younger man was just as surprised as he was and probably embarrassed. He turned back to see his mother eye the other man and he instantly knew she understood what was going on. Seunghyun watched in silence as his mother her heels and walked back to the stove.

 

“Well, I guess I should put extra food on the stove.”  His mother passed him a smile over her shoulder as she reached to reopen the half used pack of bacon that she had left sitting on the counter.

To say he was shocked was an understatement. The very last thing he was expecting was for his mother to act as though nothing had changed in the dynamics of the threes relationship. Seunghyun knew Jiyong was just as confused, albeit a little embarrassed, as he was when he turned back to look at his lover. The younger shook his head in disbelief.

“Ji, why don't you go take a shower first? We'll eat breakfast together.”

Jiyong eyes shook in hesitation before slowly backing back out of the kitchen. His eyes flickered between the taller man and the woman cooking behind him as though he expected for her to throw a spatula at him for being with her son. When one foot finally made it out of the door, the sound of Seunghyuns mother's voice stopped him.

“Oh? I thought you were planning on taking a shower together.”

Both men flushed red. That wasn’t what either of them expected. Turning quickly on his heel, Jiyong practically ran out of the kitchen. Seunghyun would have laughed if he, himself, wasn't so embarrassed about the situation.

Cautiously, as to not interrupt his mother's laughter at her previous statement, Seunghyun moved to sit at his kitchen table. He waited in silence as she finally put her hand on his hips and nodded her head in satisfaction as she began to move her freshly cooked breakfast from the stove to the table. She then proceeded to sit at the table herself and put food on her son's plate. Seunghyun uttered a silent thank you as his plate was handed to him and said nothing. He had no idea how to react to his current situation. “Um, mom-”

“Son, don't be so surprised. As long as you’re happy then I approve of your life choices.”

Seunghyun blinked as he registered what his mother had said. He knew that his mom liked Jiyong, she treated every member like they were her other sons, but for her to be completely okay with Jiyong being his partner made his heart swell with pride. He didn’t know what he would do if she didn’t approve. A full grown grin covered his face. “Thank you.”

His mom scoffed as she put food on the third plate that would be Jiyong's when he finally joined them at the table. “Why are you thanking me, you silly boy? A mother's unconditional love wouldn't be unconditional if it came with conditions.”

Seunghyun felt his eyes water as Jiyong awkwardly stumbled into the kitchen. Both sets of eyes landed on the young leader but his eyes connected with Seunghyuns. A look of anxiety crossed his features as he noticed the wet eyes but the anxiety quickly left as he eyed the mother’s small smile of approval.

Slowly, Jiyong made his way to sit in between the small family. As the embarrassed atmosphere started to fade with his mother's caring tendencies, making sure Jiyongs plate stayed full since she knew he ate a lot, Seunghyun couldn’t help but grin as he watched his mother ask Jiyong questions of their relationship and he laughed as her questions got too personal. Jiyong would simply flush red and lower his voice as he gave his answers.

Seunghyun would admit that his yesterday was amazing but his today was just a little bit better.


So, I'm not going to lie to you. I have no idea where this story came from after reading the promt. This took a completely different turn then it was suposed to and I'm extremely satisfie with the results.

Thank you guys for the love an support that you give me as I strive to finish all of these chapters. I'll try to write a christmasy one sine it's so close to the date. I hope you guys enjoy, and thank you for calling me a good writer. It inspires me to write more.