Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 63


iyong rolled around restlessly in his bed to check the time. It was 2 in the morning, only 6 minutes had passed since the last time he had checked.

He couldn’t sleep. Normally, at this time he would just be leaving the studio. Since he was on forced rest, because the members had conned the president, he was forced to stay home and do nothing related to work. Jiyong was miserable. He hadn’t done anything all day so he had pent up energy that needed to be let out.

The boy sighed as he sat up in his bed. He looked around his room and threw himself back onto the bed. His head hit the pillow and he wiggled his limbs in frustration. Jiyong just wished sleep would grace him with its presence. Sleep was being a .

Snapping his head to the nightstand, he reached for his phone. He winced at the brightness of his phone as he carefully swipped through the contacts. Most everyone in his phone would either be asleep or in a place to crowded to answer the phone. Who in their right mind would be up to relieve his boredom at 3 in the morning?

Jiyong smiled as his eyes lingered on a name. There was only one person who would be completely willing to cure his boredom so Jiyong prayed he was awake.

He held his breath as the phone rang.

“Why are you calling me?”

Jiyong grinned at the sleep filled voice on the other end. Seunghyun was probably asleep but he always picked up when he called. Jiyong felt a little guilty at waking the other man. “Sorry, hyung, were you sleep?”

Seunghyun grunted through the phone and Jiyong listened carefully to the rustle of sheets. The man had been sleeping.

“I was, I’m up now. Is something wrong?”

Jiyong bit his lip, contemplating letting the man go back to sleep. Seunghyun needed as much sleep as he did so he felt bad for keeping the man from his rest. He wished the two had opted to spend the night together.

“I guess you can’t sleep?”

“How did you know?”

“I know everything about you.”

Jiyong chuckled at the man’s sarcasm. It was a stupid question really. Why else would Jiyong call the other man so late at night? “I’m restless.”

Silence was his answer and he wondered if his lover had fallen back asleep on him. He knew he should have let the other go back to sleep. Seunghyun had a full schedule with filming so he was probably drained. “Hyung?”

“Sorry, the sound of your laugh is like music to my ears, it puts me to sleep.”

Jiyong rolled to his side as laughed wracked his frame. Seunghyun was such a cheese ball, a lovable cheeseball. “Hyung, if you’re tired I’ll let you go back to sleep.”

“I’m fine, I have to be up in a bit anyway.”

He glanced at his clock on the nightstand. “Hyunnie, you have to be up in 2 hours.”

“Exactly, in a bit.”

“2 hours isn’t a bit.”

“Who cares about time when we spend it together?”

“Hyung, you’re killing me right now. Stop with the fluff.”

Laughter filled Jiyongs ears and he had to agree with Seunghyun's earlier statement. The laughter was like music to his ears. Jiyong’s eyes closed as he relaxed at the sound.

“Okay, I’ll stop.”

Jiyong didn’t believe him, “Cross your heart?”

“And hope to die. Though I don’t know why anyone would hope to die.”

A shallow chuckle left him as his body began to numb. It was always interesting how just the sound of the others voice could soothe him into a state of relaxation. His body was drowsy now, he would be asleep shortly. “Hyung, sing me a song.”

He listened as the sheets ruffled more. Seunghyun was probably looking for a more comfortable position.

“What song?”

“Any.”

Honestly, Seunghyun should have chosen out a song as soon as he answered the phone. Often times, when Jiyong would call him because he couldn't sleep, Seunghyun would put the boy to sleep by singing him a song. It had become a tradition between the two and Jiyong found himself being able to sleep better.

“You and I calling each other friends is awkward/ It’s better to use the word, lovers”

Jiyong smiled as the deep voice filled his ears. He loved it when his hyung sang just for him. The man was always so nervous to sing in a crowed but Jiyong took pride in knowing that the man would sing for him whenever he asked. It was how he got him to sing so much during their recent promotion.

He fell asleep halfway through the song, Seunghyun followed shortly after.

 



Boy, this prompt went everywhere when I first started writing this. I finally settled on a cute idea. It’s a nice feeling,being sung to sleep by a guy, or girl, you really like.

Anyway, getting out of my feelings, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. My inspiration isn’t back 100% but it’s getting better. Oh, incase you were wondering, the song is Fool by Juniel and Youngwha. I’ve been listening to that song on repeat lately. I love Juniel.

Also, thank you guys for the constant support. I really appreciate every review that you guys write to me. It makes my heart flutter like a school girl talking to her first crush.

As a little warning, the next chapter is kind of angsty... but with a somewhat bittersweet ending.