"Don't worry about me."

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 31



Alone.

That's how Jiyong felt as he stared up at the hospital ceiling. He looked around his room. One chair stationed near his bed, a long couch pressed against the wall containing the one window, a closed bathroom and hall door on the other side, and a muted television with what looked to be an old black and white sitcom playing. The room itself was slightly depressing, it was cold and lonely, unlike his companion whom he expected to wake up and find lounging on the couch. At least the walls weren't white. Jiyong wasn’t a fan of white. Instead the wall color took on a light brown tone. He would have preferred a different color but he had no say.

Taking in a deep breath, Jiyong couldn't help but to think of the events leading up to this moment.

It was supposed to be a simple concert. Go on stage, sing a few songs, do a few dances, and make it to the hotel in time to get a full night’s rest. Apparently it didn't go as planned. The back tracks that they sang to were too loud, their mics had malfunctioned causing them to share, and the moves to the dances were often forgotten as the mics were passed. They just weren’t prepared for so many technical difficulties. Jiyong remembered seeing a dash of light before he lost consciousness on the cold stage.

That flash of light must have been the reason he opened his eyes to a hospital ceiling, cords and needles stuck in his arms, bandages wrapped around his head.

The sound of the room door cracking open broke him from his thoughts. Dark eyes met his as the guest slowly stepped into the room, gently closing the door behind him and leaning against it. There he was, the man Jiyong expected to see as soon as his eyes opened. He was a little disappointed in the fact that the man wasn't there to greet him as he woke. Really, who wouldn't want to be greeted by your most important someone after experiencing a life or death situation?

"I didn't know you would be up so soon." Seunghyun whispered in a tone Jiyong didn't even know he possessed. The man was normally so confident, so assured; now he sounded like an unsure kid who just lost their puppy, slightly scared.

"Is that why you weren't here? Because you thought I wouldn't wake up?" There was no accusation in Jiyong's voice, just pure curiosity mixed with a little disappointment.

"Course not, I just stepped out for a second. The others went go pick up your family from the airport, they just left." the lack of confidence was still present, it worried the leader slightly. Jiyong gestured to the lounge chair that was placed beside his bed and motioned for the man to sit. Seunghyun shook his head negatively and remained firmly in front of the door.

Jiyong simply shrugged it off, if the man didn't want to sit near him, so be it. Deciding that he had enough of lying down, he moved to sit up in the bed. He never realized how much it would hurt to simply sit up until the pain knocked him back down, he never made it half way up.

"You might not want to do that; you took a lot more damage than you think."

"I'm fine, I just want to sit up. Don't treat me like a kid." Jiyong noticed as he continued to try that he would have to up his pride and ask for one thing he never liked needing, help. "Are you going to help me or are you going to watch me struggle until I get up myself." Seunghyun hesitated a brief moment before making his way over, shaking his head and sighing on the way.

"Adults don't normally take on more than they can handle." Seunghyun gently helped Jiyong into a sitting position, his back against the pillows and Jiyong relaxed.

As soon as Seunghyun noticed he was in an agreeable position the man quickly his heels and was about to walk back towards the door, only to be stopped by a hand on his wrist.

"Why are you avoiding me and treating me like a fragile piece of glass?" It was asked quietly with a look of determination towards the older man. Jiyong's eyes locked with the others and Seunghyun couldn't hold the stare. He looked away with a hint of shame.

"If you haven't noticed, you almost did break like glass." Seunghyun gestured to the others chest causing Jiyong to finally notice the bandages that also wrapped around his torso. He released the older man's arm and moved his hand to his chest, wincing in pain as he gently made contact with the bandaged skin. It was then that he noticed his head was throbbing as well.

"What happened after I out Hyung?" said man released another sigh and slumped into the chair offered just a few minutes earlier. Jiyong glanced at the man and was finally able to study him. Seunghyun always had a clean, fresh appearance but with the way the man looked now, Jiyong would have never known. His cloths were wrinkled and dirty, his hoodie/jacket was missing, his hair didn't shine as bright, and his eyes seemed a little dulled due to the worry that conquered them.

"Well Ji, when they finally got to you, you were already out cold. When we pulled the light off of you a piece that had broken off pierced you." Seunghyun paused in his story and sat up in his chair. "I thought-" more hesitation. "I thought I lost you, I thought it killed you."

"But it didn't kill me. Don’t worry about me. I'm alive no matter how scared or damaged I am. No light is going to get the best of me."

"It would have; you know? It almost did. Don't you get it? You would have died if the paramedics didn't get there when they did. When I was finally able to see you, you were barely breathing and your pulse was so low they could barely feel it. I don't know what I would have done if it would have stopped!" There were tears involved now. Jiyong was awe struck as he watched the older man grab his hand, tears running down his face. He was silent as he watched the man let out his grief and worries. Smiling a little to himself Jiyong squeezed the elder's hand.

"Why are you worrying about what you would do? I'm here aren't I?"

"But if they didn't make it in time-"

"But they did, didn't they?"

"Yeah, but next time-"

"If there ever was to be a next time, you would be there in time to push me out of the way, right?"

"Of course I would, but that's not-"

"Then why are you worrying? You just said so yourself that you would always be there and I have faith in that. Just like if you were to ever get into trouble then I would be there for you. Trust in that, and trust that I'm not to tender to take a little beating. Remember, I’m stronger then I look."

Seunghyun chuckled a little at the last statement, memories flooding into mind. Shaking his head and smiling at the boy in front of him, was there any wonder he fell in love with him? No, of course not. Thinking back on the whole conversation, Seunghyun was finally able to relax. Jiyong is strong, he always had been. He wouldn’t be leaving him any time soon. The idea that Jiyong trusted Seunghyun with his life brought overwhelming joy into his body. His grin shined bright.

"Whatever you say."

Finally, able to see the confidence back in the others eyes, Jiyong allowed Seunghyun a smile. Relief filling him as the angsty atmosphere created broke in half.

A knock on the door sounded and both head turned to see who was at the door. "Excuse me Mr. Kwon, my name is Dr. Andrews and I've just been informed you’ve woken up. I just wanted to do a few checks." Jiyong nodded in approval.

As the doctor did his work, Jiyong's and Seunghyun's hands remained firmly together, they were in America, the doctor wouldn’t care as much as they would have in Korea. Jiyong glanced at the hand clutching his own. It was Seunghyun’s left hand that connected with his, the special hand that had that special finger, and that finger which held the symbolic ring that matched his own hanging from his necklace. Jiyong smiled at the memory of the day they purchased the rings. It was the second most precious memory they held with each other, the first one being when they became a proper couple. Jiyong looked up into his loves eyes.

"Ok Mr. Kwon, looks like every thing’s in order. We are going to keep you for two more nights and then you'll be released. Any questions?" Dr. Andrew seemed kind, Jiyong pondered.

"No doctor, none at the moment, thanks." Seunghyun replied in place. The doctor nodded his head and left the room.

"We get to go home soon." the man squealed, excitement shinning bright in his eyes. Jiyong chuckled in response.

"Hyung, help me lay back down. I'm sleepy." Seunghyun nodded once and helped the leader lay down on his back. Noticing the extra room Seunghyun went to turn off the room lights and lay next to his lover, rolling them both to the side and spooning against him.

"Hey Seunghyun, how long was I out for anyway?"

"Two days"

"Where's your coat, or hoodie at?"

"I forgot it in the van, you’re more important." Both felt exhaustion fall over their bodies, closing their eyes at the comfort from the other.

I was weird seeing the other in a short sleeved shirt; he would keep that thought to himself though.

"I want kimchi when we get home"

"I’ll let the others know." Jiyong snuggled his head into the the pillow and Seunghyun fought the urge to tighten his grip around the others torso. "I thought you were tired. Go to sleep."

Seunghyun began to hum a familiar melody and sleep took over the injured man. The rapper followed shortly after. 



Is it me or is my writing getting a little more detailed? I hope you guys like this chapter.

Thank you for taking the time to review the last two chapters. I really appreciate it, and sorry if the chapter tittle was a little misleading to some. I didn't even realize that it could be until someone brought it up, either way I have full intentions of making it to 100 chapters. 

Let me know what you think about this chapter? Good, or no?

Oh, and to answer a quick question... the book I had in mind while writting this was Harry Potter. At first it started out as The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, but it slowly became a book about wizards... plus, I've been re-reading that series. I suggest you read Sherman Alexies book if you haven't. It's one of my favorites.