“It’s okay.  I couldn’t sleep anyway.”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 16



 

The stadium was packed. Screaming fans filled the air with their chants and he could see the streams of golden light filling the dark from back stage. They had just finished Bang, Bang, Bang, it was right before his solo stage. He was going to preform Heartbreaker by himself and later, s would join him in preforming Crooked. He had practiced for weeks; he didn’t want any mistakes. He longed for perfection.

Finally standing on stage, the music began to play. The sight he was greeted with, however, was unexpected. The once shining lights were off and the chants of affection once screamed to the group was replaced with sneers and boos. They didn’t want him to preform, they didn’t want to see him. He flinched at the threats being sent his way. The crowed exclaiming in perfect harmony how he was dragging BigBang down, how they would be better and do better without him.

Next thing he knew he was being surrounded by s. Their faces lacked concern for their leader. It was as if they agreed with the crowd. Daesung, Seungri, and Taeyang all held disappointment in their faces. One by one they turned and left him and he could no longer hear the chants of the crowd. Everything had gone numb. They were disappointed in him. The crowd was right; he was dragging them down.

He turned to look for the ray of sunshine he knew would always be there for him. The man who was always pushing him where he needed to be pushed and loving him all the same. He could live if everyone else was disappointed in him. He couldn’t live if Seunghyun was.

The room turned dark. The lights on the stage disappeared and Jiyong felt as though he was standing on air. The only two left were Seunghyun and himself, both surrounded by darkness. Jiyong heart pounded in his chest as the older man gave him a side glance. He wouldn’t even turn to face him completely.

“Seunghyun, I-“

The words were caught in his throat but Seunghyun wouldn’t have let him finish even if he tried.

“I think it’s best if we take a break.”

 Nothing registered. Was he being dumped? Jiyong couldn’t understand. This couldn’t be happening. He thought they were happy together. Sure they had been arguing a lot more lately but that was because of the stress of the tour. Seunghyun knew that, he understood. He always understood, so why wasn’t he understanding now?

“I don’t understand.”

Seunghyun scoffed, turning to face Jiyong completely. Amusement crossed his face before irritation replaced it. It was a look that rarely ever crossed the elders face but it was one Jiyong had been seeing a lot lately. “Of course you don’t understand. You wouldn’t.”

Jiyong held his hands to his ears and tried to walk away. He didn’t want to hear the inevitable. If he didn’t hear it then it wasn’t true. Seunghyun wasn’t dumping him, it couldn’t happen to them. They were made for each other.

He jumped as a hand grabbed his right arm. The firm grip yanked it away from his ear and Jiyong cried out. He didn’t want this; he never wanted it.

“I’m breaking up with you.”

“No!”

Jiyong woke with a start. Sitting up in his bed, he put his hands to his face in attempt to wipe the sweat off. He took deep breaths in order to calm him breathing.

It was just a dream but the after effect remained. Reaching to his night stand, Jiyong grabbed his phone and dialed the number or the man who would make everything alright. He had to hear his voice; he needed to know that they were still together, that they were okay.

 “Hello.” The voice was groggy, as though the owner was asleep.

 Tears started to well up in Jiyong’s eyes but he refused to let them fall. There were only two things that Jiyong was truly afraid of, not being loved, and being alone. The dream had shaken him up more then it should have but Seunghyun simple answer made him feel just a little bit better. Him answering meant he cared.

 “Jiyong, are you there?”

 Jiyong hummed in response and he could hear the rustle of sheets on the other line. Seunghyun was probably sitting up in his bed but now.

 “Are you okay? Do I need to go over there? Did anything happen?”

 Jiyong chuckled at the tone. The older man was worried about him, they weren’t breaking up. Not anytime soon. “Seunghyun, I’m okay. I just needed to hear your voice”

 The other line went silent for a while and Jiyong thought for a brief second that Seunghyun had hung up on him.

 “You just needed to hear my voice?”

 “Hmm.”

 “At 4:30 in the morning?”

 “I had a bad dream.”

 Silence settled again and Seunghyun sighed on the other end. “Are you okay? I’m coming over now.”

 Jiyong shook his head no and smiled. Seunghyun was tired but was willing to leave the comfort of his warm bed to be with him, he knew that Jiyong wouldn’t want to be alone. He never did. “I’ll be okay. Go back to sleep.”

 “No, it’s fine. I couldn’t sleep anyway.”

 He was a liar, a terrible one at that. It was 4:30 and he sounded as though he had just woken up when he answered his phone.

 “Jiyong, you better not have hung up on me.”

 His smile grew at the threatening tone. He hadn’t meant to stay quiet for so long. “I’m sorry about how I’ve been acting lately.”

 “It’s okay, I understand. I’m on my way.”

 He was relieved, completely. Jiyong knew Seunghyun would understand, Seunghyun always understood.


 


You guys, I've finally reached 100 Subscribers!!! I'm so happy that I could die (Well, not really but...). Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and thank you guys for leaving your comments. To honor 100 I'm going to post the next chapter up some time later on today in dedication to all of my subscribers. Honestly speaking, your comments, subscriptions, and upvotes really help with encouraging me to write. It's been a while since I've been active in writing.

Another thing, I'm writing a new story. Gtop is the paring, again. I really like Gtop... It's just my favorite and I think it works well with the prompt. Please keep an eye out for it. I'll let you know when the first chapter is posted.

Last thing, I didn't proof read this chapter so sorry for the mistakes.