Wow

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 59


Jiyong knew he shouldn’t be doing what he was doing but he couldn't help himself. Insecurities had taken hold of him and with the suggestion from CL and Boom, he was doing something he vowed he would never do in his life.

He was spying.

He had reasons though, probably not good enough to be tailing behind the older man, but they were still reasons.

He was being lied to.

Seunghyun had said previously that he was a good liar, and he was. It was just that Jiyong knew the man better than he knew himself.  

He felt terrible.

Just the day prior he was breaking the wall of trust by trying to break into the older man's phone with the suggestion from Dara. He should have known better than to listen to her advice. All he found out was that Seunghyun had changed his password to something he couldn’t even break. It made him feel anxiety that the man was hiding things from him.

He followed at a distance as Seunghyun walked down the empty street. It was almost midnight, a time that Seunghyun should be home preparing for the hectic schedule they had the next day.

Insecurities grew as Seunghyun entered a building, one that he had never seen before. Jiyong knew where all of the older man's family lived, he had been formally introduced to half of them, but this building didn't belong to any of them.

His heart thumped in his chest at the thought of Seunghyun meeting a woman. Jiyong wasn't always lacking in confidence but it wavered when it came to Seunghyun. The man was attractive and his personality was gold. More times than not he wondered why Seunghyun had chosen him. Sure, he could be handsome, but that wasn't enough for someone like Seunghyun. The man preferred something more than physical attraction.

He hesitated as he entered the building. The feeling only grew as he followed up 2 flights of stairs. Did he really want to know why Seunghyun was being so secretive and lying recently? No, but he needed to.

He stopped at the corner and listened as Seunghyun knocked on the door twice before ringing the bell. It was a habit the man had since he was a boy. 30 seconds later the door opened.

“Oppa, you're here!”

Jiyong stiffened at the voice. There were two things wrong with the whole situation if Seunghyun really was cheating on him. One: the voice was female. Two:he knew the voice.

Anger gripped him as he flew around the corner as the door slammed shut behind the two. He couldn't believe it. Why was Minzy there, why were they meeting? He knew that Minzy preferred men like Seunghyun but he thought it was just a childish crush.

That .

His fist clenched at his side as he bit back tears that threatened to fall. He stared at the door wondering if he should knock to confirm his suspicious.

This is what he meant when he said Seunghyun was too popular.

Finding strength in his frustration, he raised his fists. 3 firm knocks and 10 seconds later the door swung open to reveal Seunghyun.

Jiyong gritted his teeth as the man's eye roamed over his face. He didn't look surprised. Jiyong was to upset to notice.

“Are you cheating on me?”

Seunghyuns eyes widened at the question. Jiyong jaw clenched tighter. Was the man thinking up another lie? Why was it taking so long to answer a simple question.

“Of course not, come here.”

Jiyong tried to pull away as Seunghyun gripped his wrist, pulling him behind as he lead the way to the living room. He forced himself to stay upright as Seunghyun released his grip and pointed into what he assumed to be the livingroom.

Jiyong shoulders tensed at the sight. Bigbang, 2ne1, Soo Hyuk, and a few other close friends stood in the room. Decorations hung from the ceiling and a cake was placed in the center of it all.

A chorus of surprise, and happy birthday rang around him but he paid it no mind. The only thought that crossed his mind was the man who prepared it all.

His eyes watered but he forced them back. “Hyunnie, I though- this is- wow.”

Seunghyun grinned as he pulled the other into his arms. He blushed at the public affection and the blush deepened at the cat calls.

“Sorry for lying to you. You would have figured it out otherwise.”

Jiyong rubbed his face in the other man's chest before looking up and returning the grin. He turned to face his friends.

“You knew about this?”

“We helped plan it.” Bom called out. He listened in belated relief as they explained how it was staged. The phone password, the lying, the late night adventures, and the finally suggestion that pulled it all together. He wasn’t expecting it. His Birthday wasn’t until a few weeks.

Jiyong no longer felt miserable.

“s! I thought he was cheating on me!”

The anger Jiyong had felt, the insecurities, all melted away as Seunghyun lit the candles of the cake and lead the group of friend into the birthday song. Out of tune voices filled the air and He couldn’t help the laughter that followed.

It was the best birthday he could ever ask for.


So I did a thing. I put in two prompt on the same story without realizing it, it was Happy Birthday. So, in order to not miss a chapter, I’m going to post a chapter that was originally supposed to be in this series as chapter 32. I hope you like it :)