“I'll be here when you're ready.”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 79


Chapter 72 continued...


His heart trembled as he gripped the hand holding his. He was terrified, more so than when he found out the news.

 

After two weeks of avoiding all of his problems, a conversation with his mother forced him to realize that not even Jiyong's arms could protect him.  

 

He had to gather every ounce of courage he had left to step through the front doors of the hospital. Now his fear gripped him where he stood.

 

“Hyunnie, are you going to be okay? ”

 

Seunghyun bit his lip in response. He didn't think he would be okay. He felt as though vomit was waiting at the edge of his throat,waiting for its change to make its debut.

 

It was harder than he thought it would be, taking the first step. This appointment was important, one his mother couldn't do for him. He would need tests to confirm what he was told during his last visit and they would have to go over the options of how best to proceed.

 

Seunghyun didn't understand why he had to, he was going to die in the end.

 

“Hyung, you're cutting the circulation in my hand.”

 

The man lessened his grip but refused to let go. The skin on skin contact created much more comfort than knowing he had someone with him. Everything about Jiyong comforted him.

 

The doctor poked his head through the door and smiled. Seunghyuns breath caught in his throat before his breathing became labored.

 

He was finding it harder to breath as the doctor made his way to them. Memories, and thought that plagued his mind returned and his courage fled.

 

Seunghyun dropped Jiyong's hand and his heels. He reached a single bathroom and locked the door behind him, ignoring the confused looks from the doctor and his love.

 

The man slid to the floor, knees pulled up to his chest and arms wrapped around to keep them in place, as he tried to steady his breathing. When did it become so hard to breath?

 

A knock on the door was barely heard. “Sweetie, are you alright?”

 

No, he wasn't alright. Not in the slightest. “I can't do this.”

 

He was scared. Scared of the testing, cared of his options, scared of leaving his family and Jiyong alone in a world without him. He was scared to be alone in death.

 

“I think you can.”

 

The voice came from behind him on the other side of the door. Seunghyun knew that Jiyong was sitting, probably with his legs bent, on the floor with his back leaning against the door. Much like he was. The man wondered how many strange looks his lover was receiving.

 

“I have enough faith for the both of us.”

 

Seunghyun would have laughed at the statement if he wasn’t in the situation he was in. It was life or death, he wouldn’t joke about it. Not yet anyway.

 

“I'll be here when you're ready.”

 

He would never be ready, not in his life time, but he was more ready than he had been 5 minutes ago. Jiyong would be with him every step of the way.


I made a continuation... Probably not going to visit this A/U again unless it's to write a complete story... I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

 

:D