Scared

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

People say that children are prone to be influenced with what they see or hear. Draco is the best example for that. He retains everything he sees in his surroundings. When he saw the colorful truck with illustrations of mouth watering frozen treats, he was drawn into it in an instant. A child only thinks it is the normal thing to do, whether it is right or wrong; they do not know.

However, his desire to feast on ice cream faded away when the truck turned into a corner and sped up. “No more…” he looked down and sighed.

After looking back up, Draco realized he was no longer near his home. Worse, it’s been a few blocks away already. For an adult, it’s nothing to be scared of, but to a boy who just recently e, it's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Given that he was born with a blood of a fighter and strong genes, Draco surveyed the area. Plus the fact that he goes with you every day to work, the route was rather familiar to him. He even recognized the plastic tubular slides, swingset, and monkey bars in the empty playground.

Then another distraction clicked in his mind… playtime. Luhan and the guys usually bring him there to run around and try every recreational equipment he can get on. “Woooo~” his eyes grew wider and moved towards it. With his tiny steps, Draco climbed and crawled into the slides all by himself.

----------

The sun was about to set and the temperature gradually dropped. Every Exo went to search for the little boy including Shin and Kyuhyun. They all scoured every house in the neighborhood asking for any leads about your missing son.

After spending an hour of rest, you decided to leave and also look for him. You forced yourself to get out of bed and grabbed a jacket despite a grumbling stomach and spinning head. Your hand no longer throbbed but Lay wrapped it with a white bandage not just to remind you of your stupidity but to keep it stable as well. 'Mommy's coming, Draco-ah...' you rubbed your forehead.

Luhan came in to check on you but was shocked to see a ghostlike figure at the top of stairs. You were so dry and emotionless as if a dementor the life out of you. He quickly ran up and held your face. “What are you doing babe? You need to rest…”

“Luhan, I can’t... I gotta find Draco… Our son.” you plead.

He breathed out a sigh and zipped up our jacket. “Araseo… But you’re staying with me…” then he took your good hand and laced your fingers together. “Don’t let go, okay?” you lazily nodded.

Luhan slowly and carefully walked out of the house with concerned eyes never leaving you. He was suffering just as much but needs to be a lot stronger and it’s not even a war. In fact, it was so much harder than any battles he had as he was not only left to search for his son, but to look after his wife who is slowly dying.

A cold gust of wind flew by making your hair slap your face. You flinched and it was him who tucked your hair behind your ear. “You okay?”

“Mhmmmm…” you smiled weakly.

Just like everybody else, you kept your senses up and started searching as well. From every corner, every block, every person, you asked and looked.

Your knees started to shake once again but you ignored it. You never complained about it, not even the dizziness you had right when you step out of the bedroom.

Luhan however noticed you grow paler by the minute. You even started to get cold sweat when your hand turned clammy. He let you sit on a bench by the playground and pressed your head on his chest. “Let’s take a rest for a bit, okay?”

“Babe… What if we couldn’t find Draco?” you looked up to him. “What if someone did took him? What are we gonna do? I can’t bear losing him…” you panicked. “I just can’t…”

“Hey… Hey…” he pinched your chin and comforted you with this peaceful gaze. “Nothing’s gonna happen to our little boy. He’s fine! I can feel it!” he started looking around and fixed his attention at the slides where his son usually plays. “Draco’s is just around here somewhere…”

Luhan had his arms embracing your weakened body and his eyes roving around. ‘Where are you son? Daddy is worried about you… Draco-ah…’ then he yelled. “DRACO!!! WHERE ARE YOU???” he turned to another direction. “DRACO!!! UMMA AND APPA ARE HERE!!! LET’S GO HOME!!!”

“LuLu~” Draco spoke. Apparently, he had fallen asleep in one of the tubes due to hunger and exhaustion from too much playing. He was curling like a fetus when he heard his father’s voice.

“DRACO!!!” Luhan kept yelling and eventually grew frustrated. ‘This is hopeless!’ he sighed.

The boy slowly sat up and planted both hands on the plastic flooring to crawl. “LuLu…” as he stopped at the top of the slide, he shifted on his buttocks and slipped down.

Draco reached the end of the tunnel and pushed himself out. He followed the voice where it came from and took tiny steps towards it.

“LuLu…” he stopped in front of an empty bench.