Fallen

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

The night has gone eerily colder and it became one of those nights where everything kind of slows down and think, “How did all of these happen? Why did it have to end this way?”

Bodies lay on the ground, bloody and lifeless. Lamps on the lawn were destroyed, grasses were mangled. All you can hear were cries of agony from people slowly dying and Krystal’s high pitch screeches of ordering around her minions.

It was utter chaos and it was so hard to take in.

You just stood there, unable to move, too tired to react. On top of that, Kyuhyun was just a couple of yards away, tirelessly fighting, not even saying a single word of complaint.

How can you even ignore that? You have to fight whatever it takes, whatever is possible.

Two ninjas were fast approaching, yielding their swords towards you with a purpose to kill. All they need is Draco, your son, the one you told to escape even if it means your own life.

Without hesitating, you pulled a sword out of a dead body just a step away from you and activated your shield.

‘Just follow what Kyuhun does! You can do it Sehee!’ says the voice in your head.

You copied his stance and raised your weapon like how an expert swordsman would. Two against one? How bad can it be? With your shield as protection, you actually have better chances.

They attacked your barrier without holding back and failed tremendously. That was your chance. You held your ground with both hands gripping the handle, ing and parrying your weapon at the targets. Left, right, chest, thigh, nothing made sense as long as you make a hit.

It whipped through their skins but it hardly made an effect on them, so you took another step and swung hard. The sword buried on your opponent’s abdomen and made its way up to his shoulder. Blood drained in an instant leaving him pale and immobile.

He fell on the ground and your eyes went to the next target.

After gaining momentum, your movement was at pace. Not as fast, but still proved to be effective. ‘You got this Sehee! You can do this!’ you mentally pushed yourself.

After slaying the second ninja, you strode towards Kyuhyun. “Mind if I help out?”

“What the are you still doing here?” he looked over his shoulder. “Didn’t I tell you to go?”

“I did! But those two stopped me!” you pointed the attackers with your mouth.

“Aish! this! Remove your shield!” he ordered. “You need to keep your strength!”

You did as told and with backs facing each other, you tried hard to keep up with Kyuhyun.

Blades flew so fast in all directions that it looked like there were two. The only sound heard was the metallic clanging of swords. You both knew that one wrong move brings closer to death. You even felt the slight gust of air as Kyrstal's blade narrowly missed her brother's arm.

‘Holy ! How can she even do that to her own brother?’ you worried and looked back. The sweat rolling down Kyuhyun's face was a sign of tiredness. He was doing almost all the work while making sure you're unharmed. He was desperately hanging onto his sword that his knuckles turned white.

You were terrified out of your wits but you can’t let it show. Had it not for the adrenalin pumping your nerves, you would’ve been dead by now.

After all the cuts and gashes all over Kyuhyun’s body, Krystal was left with no one behind her. It was just the three of you in the middle of lawn, sizing each other up. “What now sis? Ready to give up?” he sneered.

“No ing way!” she attacked.

Then it’s brother versus sister. She has no intentions of giving up, neither was he. Kyuhyun knew that if he drops his sword, his sister would never think twice of eliminating you.

“!!!” she hissed and faltered a step back. You saw her clutching her arm with the other hand when blood dripped through her fingers. “!!!” her breathing suddenly got heavier. Her cheeks were puffing while gasping for air.

“Krystal! Let’s stop this!” Kyuhyun dropped his weapon. “It’s over!”

“NO! SHIREO!” she screamed and stormed to him.

Kyuyun easily pushed her and hurled her sword aside after snatching it. “I don’t wanna hurt you anymore! You’re my sister for God sake!”

Kyrstal however was filled with rage. She was disgusted at the sight of him, even thinking of ways on how to make him suffer. For all you know, she might have forgotten that they’re strongly connected by blood.

“I give up Krystal! I can’t do this anymore!” Kyuhyun walked back.

“You’re a coward! How can you do this to your own mother?! TO ME!!!” she cried. “You promised oppa!” she yelled with a burning heart. “You promised to take care of me and mom! HOW COULD YOU???”

“I’m sorry…” Kyuhyun murmured with closed eyes, slowly dying inside. “I’m so sorry…”

Your ears suddenly picked up a whooshing sound of what seemed like flying daggers.

“KYUHYUN!!!” your eyes widened in terror, watching him falling on his knees.

Your heart sunk like a boulder.

Two daggers buried themselves on his back, piercing his lungs. A ninja also fell on the ground after sending it flying in his last breath.

You caught Kyuhyun just as his face hits the grass, and fell on your knees with his weight.

For a brief second, your mouth fell wide open. All you could do was stare at his face, look down to his body, then back to his face. ‘He’s gonna be okay… Kyuhyun is a superhuman! He can get through this… They always do, right?’

But he didn’t. In fact, he got worse.

Kyuhyun coughed out blood and breathed faintly.

“Se…hee…” he smiled.

That woke you up.

His head rolled against your arm while touching his face with other. “Se…hee…” he gasped. “Use…your…shield…”

“There!” you whispered. “No one can hurt us now! Hang in there, okay?” you wiped his sweat with the back of your shaking fingers. “The guys will be here in a minute…”

“Nahhhh…” he showed a weaker smile. “I’m good...” he wheezed. “Seeing you…is more… than enough.”

You sunk your face on his chest when all you could do was cry. Hearing him fade away and slowly drifting to sleep knitted your intestines. ‘Kyuhyun…’

His bloody and shaking hands ran through your hair. “Sehee-ah… Thank you…” he gulped for air. “…for giving… me my… life back…”

You shook your head. “Ssshhhh… Stop talking. Save your energy.”

Kyuhyun’s touch suddenly got colder. “You’ll be okay, Kyuhyun… You’ll be okay…” you wept.

His hand fell on the ground and a tear dropped from his eye. ‘Kyuhyun…’ you sobbed and looked up. It’s as if the heavens were at one with you when not a single star sparkled. “KYUHYUN!!!” you screamed while hugging him.