When Lightning Strikes

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

Kyuhyun sat beside you by the porch. He kept on talking about himself, his mother, even his life in the States. He practically narrated his biography which somehow eased your doubts about him.

‘He’s not that bad after all…’ you watch him as he spoke.

The boys saw him as a cold person, because he has that elitist's mindset given his mother's influence. However, the truth is that you find him kind, polite, and gallant. He is that person who only wants to live a peaceful and normal life despite the riches he enjoys. Smiles a lot, jokes every minute, careless and fearless in some of his stories. You even thought that he might just get along with Exo and BAP if he tries harder.

“So you don’t have any brother or sister?” you asked.

“I want to, but my parents are too busy to make another one.” he laughed.

“You’re crazy!” you laughed as well.

Kyuhyun turned to you with a serious face. “You should keep on smiling. You’re very pretty with it!”

Then a thunder roared up in the sky. ‘Aigooo~ ChenChen! Protective much?’ you smirked and quickly turned to the yard to hide your blushing face. “Errmmm… Mhmmm~” was all you could say.

He also turned to the yard and continued after a deep sigh. “I was really looking forward to meet your mom, but I guess it’s too late for that…”

“Yeah…” you agreed.

“But hey, at least I finally meet you and Seri. It’s like meeting her mini me’s instead, which is also great!” he playfully punched your arm.

Yet another thunder roared, you rolled your eyes.

Kyuhyun looked up. “Ehh? Is it gonna rain?”

“Maybe…” you forced a smile and interrupted his curiosity with a question. “What made your mom decide to look for me?”

He faced you once again. “Well… After hearing your mother’s death, she suddenly has that need to help her best friend’s daughters as much as she can. Y’know?! Just to be there for you especially now that no one’s looking after you.”

“No offense…” you raised both hands. “I’m not questioning her intentions at all, but Seri and I are perfectly fine even without the guys…” but then the past memories with Exo and BAP risking their lives to save you, popped up. “Ani! Ani!” you shook your head. “… especially WITH... the guys." you rephrased. "Having them made my life challenging which I really like!”

Kyuhyun dropped his head with a smile and another round of bellowing thunders lit the sky when he placed a hand on your shoulder. “That’s why I hope you wouldn’t mind me sticking around. I like being around your family… I never feel alone.”

This time the thunder grew louder and distracting. “S-Sure…” you forced a smile and slowly stood. “Hold that thought for a minute…” he wondered but still nodded. “I’ll be back!” you instantly left.

As you ran towards the door, you heard footsteps scrambling in different direction. ‘All of you are so dead!’

You strode through the door and went straight to the living room. “CHEN!!!” you stopped in front of the TV and blocked their view. He and the rest of Exo-M were watching their favorite anime, sitting on the couch, pretending like nothing happened. “Neh???”

“Don’t give me that look, lightning boy! You know what I’m talking about!” you placed both hands on your hips.

He sighed and ratted out Luhan and Kris. “The first one was on me…” he grinned. “But they forced me at the succeeding ones.”

Tao, Xiumin and Lay snickered on the side, and you instantly shifted your death stare at the two.

“Tch! Be thankful I didn’t ask him to fry his !” Luhan coolly sat with a leg over the other.

“I was planning the same too! Uwaaa~” Kris mocked.

“URGH!!!” you crumpled your hair and walked out defeated. “I ain’t cooking for you tonight!”

“I don’t think you can bear see us go hungry, babe~” Luhan sang.

“Word!!!” Kris high fived him.