Last Breath

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

“YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!!!” Krystal roared and started attacking your barrier. “I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!!!” her sword just kept bouncing. “OPPA!!! KYUHYUN OPPA!!!” she cried.

Inside the dome, you couldn’t hear anything. You know that Krystal was fuming mad but her voice was muffled. Seeing Kyuhyun’s lifeless body in your clutch was just too painful to bear. You just stayed there staring at his peaceful face, his cold and stone-like cheek.

But however strong the barrier was, you were gradually losing strength and slowly dropping your head onto Kyuhyun’s stiff body. ‘Am I dying? Did Krystal manage to break the shield?’

Your vision grew hazy, even Kyuhyun turned blurry. ‘K-Kyu…hyun…’

----------

Draco passed two blocks when Kris and Luhan spotted him running with his baby steps. Together with Suho and the maknaes, they decided to split up and look after you when they knew something was not right.

The little boy pointed them to your direction and that’s when they saw you unconscious on Kyuhyun’s chest.

Horror struck them when Krystal raised her sword, aimed at you.

“SEHEE!!!” Kris moved at the speed of light and tackled her to the ground. “TOUCH HER AND I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF!!!”

“I WILL KILL YOU FIRST!!!” Krystal kicked him and gripped her sword.

“Not before you, !!!” Exo-M’s leader hissed.

While they dueled, Luhan slid on the grass. “Sehee…” he pulled you into him. “Baby… Wake up…” he tapped your cheek.

Your eyes fluttered. “Lu…han?”

“Yes, it’s me… Thank God you’re okay…” he hugged you. “Everything’s gonna be okay, now! You’re safe! Draco is safe!” he murmured.

Draco stood by the entrance and called. “Ummaaaa…”

That voice was all it took to get Krystal’s attention. She jumped with all her strength and narrowed her eyes on the little target.

“NOOOO!!!” Kris roared.

“DRACOOOO!!!” Luhan yelled.

All you heard was a blade whipping through the air, followed by a deep grunt.

Everything stopped. No one breathed, no one moved as if the Earth stopped revolving.

Krystal stood wide eyed in front of Luhan while Kris was just behind him, stretching his arms out in front of Draco. “Lu…han?” he looked over his shoulder and saw a long blade sticking out of Luhan's chest. His eyes travelled to the handle and saw Krystal's hands gripping tightly into it. “YOU PIECE OF !!!” he swiftly turned and snapped her head without thinking twice. “GO TO HELL!!!” he snarled.

Luhan dropped on his knees and fell on his side.

That brought you out of trance. You forgot about how drained you were. 

It didn't made any sense at first. All you could see was Luhan lying on his side, faintly breathing, looking for you.

Even when your legs turned to jellies, you crawled over to him. “Baby…” you placed him on your lap.

Luhan gripped the blade and after taking a painful breath, he slowly pulled out the sword. It fell on the grass and so did your entire being.

His eyes rolled back, almost falling out of consciousness. “LUHAN!!! YAH!!!”

You quickly pressed your palm on his open wound. Luhan gasped for air and opened his eyes.

“How can you be so stupid?” you whispered.

He showed a weak smile. “And what? Let my duizhang get hurt? I can’t let that happen to the person who tried to save my son. It’s the least I can do…” he coughed out blood.

You sobbed at his words and sunk your face on his chest ‘Why him? Why my family?’ If it hurt seeing Kyuhyun die, Luhan was just unbearable. He is the father of your son, your husband, your life, your every breath. ‘Please don’t take him away… Pleeaaassseeeee…’

“Se…hee…” he whispered.

You looked at him and what’s left of your heart was shattered into pieces. Blood dripped through your fingers and you pressed it harder to stop it. Luhan arched his back, writhing in pain.

His cheeks were puffing from the air he was fighting for. He grew pale and stiff.

Your chest exploded, your eyes were clouded with tears. “We’re gonna get through this LUHAN! PLEASE!!!”

Kris also kneeled on his side. “Goddamnit Luhan! You’re crazy as !” he hissed. “Do you think I’m happy with what you did, HUH???”

With his shallow breaths, Luhan raised his hand towards him and Kris took it. “Dude… Take care of them…”

Your heart dropped like an anvil.

“Baby! Don’t give up!” you begged in sorrowful tears. “Do it for Draco! He needs you!”

It was too much to see him in pain, fighting for his life. All Luhan ever wanted was to make sure his family was safe. Even if it means his own life.

“Babe… I’m sorry…” then he cried. “I don’t think I can…” his tears flowed down his cheeks. You can hardly even tell which was tears and blood soaking your hand.

His grip loosened from Kris’ hand and you saw his eyes getting heavier. Luhan felt his life slipping away. He knew at one point that it might just be his time to go.

“As much as I want to see Draco grow…” he choked. “As much as I want to grow old with you…” he smiled weakly at you. “As much as I want to spend forever with you and Draco… I can’t…”

You reached out, cupped his face, and gently wiped his tears. “Yes you can babe. Just hold on… Hold a little longer…”

Kris suddenly moved aside when Draco walked up to him. He can’t bear seeing you beg for Luhan to stay, much less the little boy.

“Appa…”

You burst into tears. Luhan looked up, praying for more strength and a little time with his son. He looked over him, fighting the excruciating pain. “You called me… appa?”

“Neh~ You’re my appa right?” he wept with quivering jaws.

“Of course!” he reached out his shaking his hand and when Draco neared him, Luhan hugged him. “I love you so much, Draco! I will always be with you, okay?” he cried. “Take of care mommy!” you looked away, and quickly wiped your tears. “Don’t let her cry… and don’t let any monsters hurt her, araseo?”

“Appa… Can’t you at least stay?” Draco begged. “I will be a good boy… I promise! I will clean my room and toys! Don’t go…”

"Don't hate appa for it... I really want to stay..." Luhan grew weaker. His body was too numb. He doesn’t know how long he could stay. “Kris!” he called. “Take Draco for a bit…”

“APPA!!! LULU!!!” Draco became violent when Kris picked him up. All he could do was hug him tightly and swallow his painful cries. “LULU!!!”

As they walk a few meters away, Luhan reached up to your face. He want to pin an image of you in his head. That perfect smile. Those beautiful eyes. That bewitching lips. “My girl. My wife…” he searched your eyes. “I love you… Sehee…”

Your heart sunk further down. You knew there’s nothing else you could do. You just stared back at him helplessly. “If you love me, don’t leave me… That’s all I ask, Luhan! Please!” you swallowed the build up in your throat.

Blood smeared on your face after he it. “Sehee… Ssshhhhh…”

“NO!!!” you snarled. “HOW CAN YOU GIVE UP THAT EASILY HUH? HOW COULD YOU!?” you slapped his chest repeatedly. “ YOU LUHAN! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!!”

Luhan grabbed your wrist and pulled you down for a hug with the little strength he have. “Listen to me, Sehee!”

“NO!!!’ you shook your head and tried pulling away, but he squeezed you tighter.

“Please Sehee…” he choked in his tears. “Having you and Draco was more than anything that I could ask for! God was too good to me for giving you both.” he cried, you wept. “Giving my life was a fair price to pay…”

“No, no, no! NO…” you wiped your tears for the millionth time. “This is never fair! I can’t let you go just like that! You have to fight it!”

Luhan raised his chest to catch air when it was getting harder to stay awake. His wheezes and gasps were too painful, but you ignored them all.

“C-Can I... kiss you?” he whispered.

His request was just too much reject, and when you thought there were no more tears to give, more and more came crashing down.

You lowered yourself and touched his lips with yours. He forgot about all the pain for a minute. All he could see was your face, smiling brightly, kissing him gently. He was so tender without any hints of suffering. It was like your first kiss that one night when he confessed to you, and that heated kiss that one night after your wedding.

You can feel his thumb on your cheek just like he always do. ‘Luhan will not be Luhan without you, Sehee… I’m yours forever…’ then his hand fell.

“Luhan…” you pulled away and shook him. The warmth he gave was replaced with sorrow and sadness. “LUHAN!!!” you shook him again. “LUHANNN!!!” you screamed. The pain started creeping back up and it killed you inside. “LUHAANNN!!!” you clutched onto his lifeless body, completely devastated.

Draco came running to his side and wrapped his tiny arms around. “Appa! Appa!” he murmured and soaked the open wound with his tears. “LuLu!!!”

Kris paced behind him while looking up, not saying a single word.

You cried and cried, and waited for him to wake up, but he never did.