Protection

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

Adrenaline instantly fueled your veins. You could see ninjas fly in different directions like shadows, and run in the blink of an eye. ‘Oh my God! What chances do I have against them?’

You tried so hard to keep it together thinking of a little boy clinging on to you for dear life. He was neither shaking nor scared but you can clearly see his concern over you. “Everything’s gonna be alright, Draco… Mommy won’t let anyone touch you.” you his plump cheek.

“Umma… I’m okay…” he forced a smile.

Then Kyuhyun look over his shoulder. “Sehee! Never let go of Draco! I will hold them off as much as I can, and when I say go… You run, araseo? Don’t look back!”

“What about you?” you tugged his shirt.

“Don’t worry about me! Just get outta here, okay?” then he flipped the couched behind you and grabbed two swords that were plastered underneath it.

“GET THE BOY!!!” Krystal’s voice thundered through the house.

Next thing you know, Kyuhyun fought every ninja that approach you. Blades were clashing, groans filled the air. Ninjas came from everywhere and all you could do was cover Draco’s head with one arm and another on his tiny body.

Slowly, a smell of metal seeped through your nostrils. Your breathing gradually slowed down when you refused to inhale the nauseating smell of blood, even your stomach started to churn. ‘Oh no, no no… NO! I have to fight this…’

You it in and took a deep breath.

“Sehee… I’m making my way to the lawn…” Kyuhyun grunted after slashing an opponent. “Just stay behind me!”

“Neh!”

Then he hurled a lamp shade on one of the tall windows.

Draco flinched at the sound of the glass shattering on the ground and you embraced him. “Mommy’s here baby… It’s okay…”

Weapons flew everywhere that you can no longer distinguish what they were: daggers, shurikens, knives, anything that had blades flew towards you but Kyuhyun evaded every shot.

Youngjae was right to say that Krystal was just as fast, coz her brother proved to be equally agile. Had he not come from a different clan, Kyuhyun could be a part of Exo or BAP, skill wise.

But being out in the open gave him a disadvantage. Although he has more space to move around, the three of you were a lot more vulnerable. It gave the ninjas more chances to attack from any angle.

You started to panic when the three of you were boxed in at the middle of the lawn by the skilled fighters. Your head moved from side to side thinking of your own means of escape.

But then Kyuhyun fell on one leg, a sword sliced through his thigh and blood oozed quicker than a faucet. “!!!” he winced.

“KYU!!!” you kneeled and touched his shaking arm with your free hand. “Eotteokke! Eotteokke!”

“I’m okay…” he gasped. “This is nothing…” he pierced the tip of his sword on the ground and pushed himself up.

“UGH!!!” he fell back down.

You lowered Draco and supported Kyuhyun up. The horror of being massacred right then and there was too horrifying when you saw three figures running towards you.

Then your motherly instincts took over.

Without thinking of the consequences, you grabbed Draco and Kyuhyun to embrace them as much as you can and covered them with your body.

“Sehee, NOOOO!!!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“UMMAAAAA!!!” Draco screamed.

You subdued them with all your strength as they struggle their way out. Your eyes were completely shut waiting for your fate. ‘Please don’t let anything happen to them! Take me instead! Not my son! Not my friend!’

Then the unforeseen happened.

When a sword swung towards you, it bounced against an invisible barrier.

Due to your desire to protect anyone you love above everything else, and as long as you hold on to that desire, it created a dome around the three of you to prevent any form of attacks. Those inside it cannot be touched nor hurt.

“Umma… Your power…” Draco looked up.

“Sehee?” Kyuhyun gasped.

“I don’t know what’s going on… I swear!” you looked around as well.

That’s when you saw being swarmed by ninjas, mercilessly attacking the barrier, and failed miserably.

“Well… Whatever it is that you’re doing, it clearly saved us!” Kyuhyun smiled.

He slowly sat up while Draco pushed his back. “Komawo! You’re such a strong boy!” he ruffled his hair.

“He knows that already!” you scolded. “Can we do something with your cut!?”

“Okay! Geez!” he ripped a part of his sleeve and tied it around his cut like a tourniquet. “URGH!” he groaned.

“Gwenchana?” you worried.

“N-Neh…” he breathed heavily. “Since we have our protection…” he looked at the barrier.”…and my cut all wrapped up, I guess we can just wait for those bozos to get tired huh?” he chuckled while catching his breath.

“I don’t think I can…” you said.

After all those time, you slowly felt getting weak. As much as you push yourself to prolong the barrier, it drains your energy and strength. You gradually got dizzy, weak on the knees, and close to passing out.

“Bummer…” Kyuhyun sighed. “But it’s okay! I can still kick their asses. I just needed to take a breather!” he pinched your cheek and stood. “You saved my back there! Thanks!”

“Babo! It’s you who saved us! Tch!” you slapped his arm.

You also stood and carried Draco.

“Sehee-ah…” he quickly turned. “Once you see an opening, make a run for it, araseo?” you nodded. “Make sure you and Draco leaves this place!”

“Neh!”

The barrier disappeared and Kyuhyun instantly took his stance. He killed every opponent in sight, and slowly but surely, their numbers decreased.

That gave you a chance to look for an opportunity.

Given that danger still looms in any direction, you held your son’s face. “Draco-ah… Whatever happens mommy will always be here for you okay? I will do everything for you…”

“Umma…” his lips quivered.

“I need you to be strong… Do it for me and Uncle Kyu!” he nodded. “Now, if ever we get separated, I want you to run, or fly, or whatever as long as you reach home. Get dada and LuLu!”

“Umma…” he pouted.

“You can do it baby… I know you can!” you his hair and zipped up his jacket. “You did it before right?” he slowly nodded.

In the middle of clashing blades and battle cries, you embraced the little boy with all your heart. “Saranghae Draco-ah…”

“Umma…” he sobbed. “Saranghae…” he whispered and hugged you.

You looked up to the dark sky, b in tears, and chest as heavy as a boulder. ‘Eomeoni… Abeoji… Please watch over Draco… Keep him safe and guide his path…’

“SEHEE!!!” Kyuhyun yelled, you snapped. “NOW!!!”

With that, you ran towards a clearing on your side and never looked back.

“GET THEM!!!” Krystal ordered.

Every ninja present in that lawn averted their attention to you. As you turned your head, you saw Kyuhyun fighting Krystal and every one of them but was still outnumbered.

Two managed to slip away from him and darted towards you.

“!” That’s when you decided to lower Draco and let him run. “Go baby! Mommy will try fighting those monsters! Go find LuLu, okay?”

He took a few steps ahead and turned. “Umma… Be careful! I’ll be back…”

“Yes baby…” you smiled and waved. “I love you!” you mouthed.

“Saranghae…” he replied and blew a flying kiss.

With his little body and toddler self, you watch him soar out of the darkness and wish to find his way home.