Remorse

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

You and Kyuhyun strolled under the moonlight, talking about anything. The wind has gone colder that you had to hug yourself to rub the chills off your skin. He also removed his jacket and wrapped it around Draco’s back who was busy observing his surroundings, as if he was trying to take note of the way.

Kyuhyun never ran out of topics that you even failed to notice how far you’ve gone. The street was quiet and unfamiliar, even the huge houses were new to your eyes. It was like being in a posh district where the rich and famous lives. “Ehh? I’ve never been in this side of town…” you looked around.

“We must’ve drifted down south…” he said.

“Ahhhh…” your lips curled downwards while slowly nodding.

Around the corner stood a modern and sleek house. It has clean pale walls with simple proportions, and abundant light fixtures. Your eyes were drawn to it given the breathtaking view it boasts: flat roof, floor to ceiling windows, strong connections to outdoor space with driveway and lush greeneries.

“Uwaaaa~” you slowed down upon nearing it. “I wonder who lives there!”

“Wanna come in?” Kyuhyun gestured towards the main door.

Your eyes went straight to him bulging in shock. “W-What do you mean come in?” then doubt came. “You’re crazy! We could be charged for trespassing y’know?! Tch!” and you continued walking.

“I’m serious, Sehee! That’s my house!” he laughed. “I live here!” he added and stepped into the lawn.

“J-Jinjja?” you stuttered while following him.

He took the keys from his pocket and opened the door. As you trailed him, your eyes moved 360 degrees while your mouth fell hanging. ‘Dang! Kyuhyun is rich!’

“Draco-ah?” he lowered the boy onto a couch. “Wait here while I get you and mommy a drink, okay?”

The boy nodded and he left.

You took a seat beside him and continued gaping at the marvelous structure.

“Here you go!” Kyuhyun came back. “Banana milk for Baby Draco, and orange juice for mommy…”

“Thanks!” you took it and so did the boy.

As you drank the cold beverage, Kyuhyun kneeled on one foot and held your free hand. His face noticeably changed from excited to glum. It’s as if he had a lot in his mind that one night wouldn’t be enough to let it all out.

“Gwenchana?” you asked after lowering the glass on the glass table in front of you.

“I have to tell you something…” his voice sounded down and desperate.

“What is it?” you blinked.

“I’m not who you think I am…” your eyebrows furrowed. “Your mom and my mom doesn’t know each other…”

In that moment, you forgot how to react, your body sort of shut down. You just froze up to a point where you can hardly feel anything.

Kyuhyun held both of your hands and tenderly squeezed them. “Sehee… I’m really sorry… Please forgive me…”

“Umma…” even Draco grew worried.

Hearing that tiny voice made your brain function. “I…I…” you looked from side to side. “I don’t understand…”

“Sehee…” he then held your face. “Listen to me, okay?” Although you were blank, Kyuhyun force every word to make you realize what’s going on. “I made it all up.” he choked. “Your mom and my mom are complete strangers…”

“Mwoh???” you gasped and stared into his remorseful eyes. “The picture! You knew everything about her! About my family!” you debated.

“I did a background check and that picture was a fake…” he raised himself and leaned closer to you. “I’m so sorry, Sehee…”

Every word was like anchors dragging your chest deeper into your stomach. You even started to get light headed as your mind grew hazy.  Your hands trembled in your lap, and the only option you had was to either cry or remain frozen.

Then the million dollar question popped. “Why? Why did you do it? I trusted you Kyuhyun!”

“Coz of your son!” Kyrstal blurted.

Draco jumped into your lap and hugged you as tight as he could. “Umma!!!”

She was leaning on her side by the door frame, with ninjas who were too many to count behind her. “Hi oppa! It’s great that you finally brought them here!” she smirked.

You averted your eyes back to Kyuhyun. “O-Oppa?”

He dropped his head and placed one hand on Draco’s back while the other on your fingers. “I’m so sorry…” was all he could say.

“Kyuhyun oppa is my brother!” she firmly stood with arms on her chest. “And we were sent to get Draco at all cost!”

“Kyuhyun! Talk to me goddamnit!” you gritted your teeth. “I don’t wanna talk to her right now! So please!”

After taking a deep breath and swallowing all the sins he have against you, Kyuhyun spoke. “Krystal is my sister…” your eyes instantly shut when the reality sunk. “Our mother believed that Draco is the Imoogi, the dragon boy…” his voice shook. “…that he possess magic and his blood renders invisibility just like any other dragons…”

“Yeah! Draco will make our clan the most powerful in the universe!” Krystal rejoiced.

“Clan? What clan?” you asked him.

“Just like Exo and BAP, we have our own.”  Kyuhyun looked straight at you. “Yes Sehee… We know everything about them. Even about your dad… And just like you, Krystal and I were born with parents who have superhuman abilities.”

Unbelievable as it may seem, everything returned slowly when shock began melting away. All you know at that point was that Draco was in danger and Kyuhyun was still your friend.

“I can’t let you take away Draco! Over my dead body!” you warned through your lips.

“I know that, Sehee…” he your hair. “I won’t let that happen either.” he smiled.

“Excuse me!” Krystal interrupted. “Who are you to say that?” she fumed. “Eomeoni is doing her best over at Mato, yet here you are, going soft and affectionate to our enemies! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU OPPA?!”

“SHUT UP KRYSTAL!!!” he growled making Draco flinch.

“It’s okay baby… Mommy’s here…” you rubbed his back. “The one who attacked Youngjae, who was it? Was it you?”

Kyuhyun gulped and heaved a deep sigh.

You mentally prepared yourself for what’s coming next. You just didn’t know how to react if it was indeed him.

Then he shook his head. “No…”

“But your knee? It was where Youngjae injured his attacker!” you argued.

“Krystal and I had a fight that day when I tried to stop her from attacking one of your guys. That’s when I fell on the stairs…” he dropped his head.

“So you’re saying Krystal was the one who attacked Youngjae?” you covered your gaping mouth.

“Damn right!” she bragged. “That er was really good. But I still managed to whip his !” she snickered.

Kyuhyun snapped and stormed to her. He swiftly grabbed her face with one hand and pressed her cheeks together. “Shut the up before I forget you’re my sister!” he quickly eyed her minions then back to her. “GET THE OUT OF MY HOUSE AND TAKE THOSE HEADS WITH YOU!!!” he snarled.

She shoved his hand away and grabbed her sword from behind. “Make me!” she took her stance.

Kyuhyun also jumped back and took his stance with an arm protecting you from behind. “Do you really wanna fight me?”

“Why not? I fought you once, and I could do it a million times!” an evil smirk formed on her face.