Strongest Ally

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

Yongguk made the announcement over dinner. He was down, pale, and weary. Exo knew where he was coming from. They also understand what kind of responsibility he has over his planet. After all, Mato is not just a planet, but a home where BAP lived, a home they fought so hard to protect, a home they can never afford to lose.

Them, being in the brink of war made it harder. The thought of danger and violence looms not just for one person but the entire people in that planet. Everyone will fight to survive whether if he’s in the good side or bad side.

After cleaning up the kitchen and dining room, you went home with Luhan and Draco while they all went up to their respective rooms. The maknaes except Sehun joined Seri to finish homework, and the rest to Exo-M’s room. The three leaders huddled on the floor, surrounding a map of Mato, and the remaining boys sprawled on the beds, watching them.

Both groups have never been bonded together since their conflict ended. Now that BAP is in dire need of help, Exo will do everything they can to make the situation easier for them.

“Bro! Always remember…” Kris placed a hand on Yongguk’s shoulder. “…the element of surprise in warfare will improve your odds, and allows a better margin of safety in your favor.”

“He’s right man!” Suho agreed. “Your enemies maybe armed and dangerous but they are nothing to what you and the rest of BAP can do. You are far more powerful, and are specially trained for battles.”

“Mhmmm!” Yongguk acknowledged. Their words were like vials of strength for him. It gave him shots of confidence and dozes of boldness.

Being the supreme tactician in Exo, Xiumin hopped off his bed and squeezed in between them. He showed Yongguk which part of the city the insurgents are most vulnerable, how they can be divided, and what will immobilize them. “Just don’t forget to keep open lines of communication and supply to and from the headquarters.”

Yongguk nodded. “Yup! I also sent Youngjae and Daehyun as my eyes and ears. I need to get at the bottom of this. How and why it all started!”

“Don’t worry man!” Suho patted his shoulder. “You got this! If we have to go there, we will!”

“Yeah! We will be your strongest ally!” Kris added.

As they continued strategizing, Baekhyun also left his spot and snatched his hidden stash from under the bed. “Hyung! Take these!”

Yongguk’s eyes sparkled at a duffle bag filled with silver rifles. The plasma guns that Baekhyun sneaked in when they first arrived will finally be in good use. It was already dusty, that Lay kept sneezing when Yongguk picked one and examined it.

“I’ve always envied you guys with these weapons. We could never defeat you before coz of these! Uwaaaa~” he praised while looking very pleased.

Just by holding on to it made him powerful and invincible. The thought of having a perfect protection for him and his guys, and the possibility of eliminating any threat with just one pull of a trigger placed him on top of the world.

“Hyung!” DO interrupted. “Guns are just tools, true strength lies within you, so use it wisely!”

“I will!” Yongguk assured them. After puffing his cheeks in blowing out air, he reached out a hand to Kris. “You guys take care, a’right?”

Exo-M’s leader took it and exchanged bro hugs. “Don’t worry about us! It’s you who should be careful! Let us know if something comes up!” they broke apart. “We’ll be there!” he added.

“Neh!” BAP’s leader also reached out to Suho. “Take care of Sehee and Draco for me. Don’t let Kyuhyun get near her, and Krystal near my little boy. I don’t like him getting nightmares.”

“You bet! No problem man!” they also hugged.