Stakeout

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

That evening, the maknae went home with the bakeshop team. They saw you slouching on the plush sofa while Luhan laid his head on your thigh.

“Wassup unnie! Hi Luhan oppa!” Seri came and jumped on the couch, landing on your husband’s tummy.

“UGH!” he grunted.

“Yah! Get off him!” you pushed her.

“An…dwae!” she mocked and when Tao stopped in front of her, she pulled him and made him sit on her lap.

“H-Holy ~” Luhan gasped. “Ow! Apa!”

“Seri get off! You’re both hurting him!” you tried pushing but they never moved so Luhan took matters in his own hands.

With just a snap of his fingers, Seri and Tao crashed on the floor.

“See why you’re not supposed to mess with me?” he smirked and dusted his hands.

Seri rubbed her and scowled at him. “We’re not even with messing you, we’re just playing! Pft!” she scoffed.

Tao giggled and pulled her up instead. They joined Sehun and Kai who were lazily sitting on the couch.

“What’s up with you two? Anything wrong?” you asked.

“School !” Kai scrunched his face and crossed his arms. “I’d rather work at the bakeshop than listen to an old hag give lectures! Pish!”

“Yeah…” your brother sighed. “Just tired…”

Seri smirked while leaning her head on Tao’s shoulder. “Right… More like you’re missing someone!”

“Who?” you raised an eyebrow.

“Tch! Who else?” she smirked and raised her hand to form a rainbow. “The love of his life… Kyrstal~”

Sehun swiftly grabbed a cushion and hurled it towards her. “Shut up Seri!”

But Tao managed to snatch it before hitting her face. “Thanks babe!” she giggled beside him.

Luhan was playing with your tangled hands when you interrupted them. “Hold up! Can you please elaborate?”

“Well…” Seri explained. “The goddess of the underworld didn’t show up at school today…”

“So?” you questioned. “People do that all the time.” you added.

“They do! But not on a daily basis and…” she raised a finger. “…in a span of one week!” she chuckled.

“Jinjja?” you gawked, she nodded. “Waeyo?” you wondered.

“Beats me!” she shrugged and scooted closer to Tao’s side.  “I already ran out of s! She can even take aalllll the time in the world and don’t come back either!”

“Hey!” Tao scolded.

“Yeah… Yeah… Whatever!” she yawned.

You never thought Luhan actually listened. There’s something strange happening but just can’t pinpoint exactly what. He was just lying there at first, furrowing his eyebrows at the ceiling, then suddenly sat up. “Where’s Baek?” he asked the maknaes.

“In the kitchen…” Sehun murmured.

Luhan stood and grabbed the sleeves of Kai’s blazer. “Gaja!”

“Wae? Wae?” Kai staggered behind him. “Hyung… I’m tired… I need my rest…” he lazily walked.

“Just follow me, okay?” the older one demanded.

You watched them leave silently thinking it was just another guy talk. ‘Boys…’ you grabbed a magazine instead.

Luhan and Kai came to the kitchen and saw Baekhyun poking his head in the fridge to salvage any food he can get. “Baek! I need to talk to you!” he said.

“Wae?” he retorted without looking at them.

Luhan pushed Kai down in one of the chairs. “I need you to do something for me…” and also sat beside him.

Baekhyun closed the door and started munching on an apple. “What is it?” he sat across them.

Luhan looked around and lowered his voice. “I need you to follow Kyuhyun around….”

Baekhyun swallowed the huge chunk while Kai was awakened. “And why would I do that?” he asked.

“Kyuhyun came here earlier…” he looked at them. “He was limping…”

“So?” Kai interrupted.

“He got injured…on the knee!” he told them. “He said he fell on the stairs, but I don’t buy it!” the two guys looked skeptical. “Look… You might think I’m being paranoid or it might just be some random coincidence, but I think Kyuhyun was the one who came here and tried getting rid of Youngjae…”

Their eyes bulged as it seemed preposterous. Why would he do that? How can a human almost kill a trained fighter and warrior? It’s hardly believable actually.

“Hyung…” Kai rubbed his forehead. “Let’s say, it’s him. What is his motive for doing it? And of all people, why Youngjae?”

“Maybe b’coz we were all away and it was Youngjae whom he saw while snooping around the house? I dunno man…” Luhan shook his head. “Something’s not right… I can feel it!” he clenched his fist on the table. “I can’t leave Sehee and Draco alone after what happened. That’s why I’m asking you to do it for me…” he looked at Baekhyun.

“Wait…” Kai raised both hands. “What’s this got to do with me?” he asked.

“I need you to find and follow Krystal as well?” the two were shocked once again. “Her disappearance came at a very weird time…” he said.

“And what? She’s also a ninja?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Why not?” Luhan beckoned. “Anybody is a suspect right now!” he argued.

“What about Shin hyung? Is he a suspect too?” Kai blurted.

“Not anymore!” the eldest said and they listened to his explanation. “If it was Shin, Youngjae would’ve known…” he poked his finger on the table. “We all have very keen senses! So even if Shin wears a chicken costume, Youngjae could smell his scent from a few feet away… Besides, that skinny troll can hardly throw a punch! Tch!” they snorted.

Baekhyun continued. “But why can’t Youngjae sense if it was Kyuhyun or Krystal?”

Luhan asked. “Have you seen him hang out with any of them?” they slowly shook their heads. “Exactly! He hardly even stands them!”

“Hyung, I’m not sure about this…” Baekhyun said. “But I’ll do it…”

“Me too…” Kai assured and rubbed his palms. 'Yes! I now have a reason to skip school! Booyah!' the devil in him praised.

“Thanks! I appreciate it!” Luhan pounded his fist on their fists. “By the way…” he looked around once again and ducked closer to the table. “Don’t let anyone know about this, okay?” the two assured him. “Let’s just meet at the rooftop every midnight for updates.”

“Neh!” they agreed.