Silent Lurker

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

One year later, Draco has grown to be an adorable boy. Quirky and hyper in his best, a troublemaker in his worst. He could already stand on his own and would sometimes take wobbly steps. His words were mostly inaudible baby talks that no one understands, but Chen insists he communicates really well with him.

On a breezy afternoon, the front yard of the old house is packed with his dads and uncles to celebrate his first birthday ever. Even the rest of BAP came.

Balloons were tied on the tables and chairs, colorful confetti hanged on the trees, and they all wore party hats.

Luhan carried Draco as you both stand behind a tall cake with a lit candle on top.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRACO!!!” they cheered.

The boy clapped with the biggest smile and you blew the candle for him. “Happy birthday Draco!” you then kissed his cheek.

“Happy birthday son!” Luhan did the same on the other.

Shin came on your side and took Draco from Luhan. “Aigooo~ My boy is already one? How can that be?” he raised him above his head. “Draco-ah… Aigooo~” he playfully tossed him in the air. "Weeeee~"

“Kekekeke~” Draco laughed and enjoyed being flung in the air.

“Shin! Stop doing that!” you slapped his arm.

“Relax babe… Tch! We’re just playing!” he continued. “Right Draco? Tell mommy… Weeeee~”

Shin suddenly stopped and cradled the little boy facing his parents. “Look what he can do now?” he then faced the crowd. “Suho! Kris! Bang! Come over for a sec!”

The three left their seats and ran to you. “Wae?” Yongguk asked.

“Watch this…” Shin said and made Draco face them. “Draco-ah? Who’s that?” he pointed Kris.

The boy paused for a bit and smiled. “Da…da…”

Kris blushed and grinned from ear to ear. “Uwaaaa~ He called me dad…”

The rest of the crowd grew intrigue so they joined in and scattered around.

Then, Shin shifted to point Yongguk. “Who’s that?”

“Da…da!” Draco squealed.

“Wow! Good job nephew!” Jongup praised from behind.

“How ‘bout him, Draco-ah?” Shin pointed at Suho this time.

“Da…da!” the boy clapped and even kicked his legs.

The crowd raised their thumbs and clapped in astonishment.

Shin propped him up as the boy slowly slips in his clutch and finally faced you. “Draco-ah? Who’s that beautiful girl in front of us?”

“Umma~” he replied with his tiny voice and without hesitation. "Umma~" he spoke once again.

That in itself made you warm. It was exhilarating hearing those words from your own son and it made your butterflies soar. “Awwww~ Komawo Draco-ah!” you placed a palm on your chest and smiled.

Everyone grew excited. They anticipated to hear his voice again when Shin pointed the person who was hugging you from behind. Luhan rested his chin on your shoulder and flashed a warm smile straight to Draco.

“Who’s that Draco?” Shin asked.

The boy started clapping and getting excited that he kept thrashing his legs while Shin firmly held onto him.

“Lu...Lu!!!” he squealed.

Then it got silent. Crickets popped out of nowhere and a gust of wind passed by.

Shin broke it off with a snort, and the rest burst into laughter. “PWAHAHAHA!!!”

“Ya! What the hell?” Luhan pulled away from you and stood firmly in front of Shin with hands on his hips. “How can he call them dad but not me???”

“I dunno man! I didn’t taught him that! I swear!” Shin kept laughing. “I just heard him say that yesterday... Hahahahaha~”

Luhan stooped closer to his son and stared deeper into him. “Draco-ah? I’m your daddy. It’s, da…da… Say it?” he taught him with every syllable, and they waited.

“Lu...Lu~” Draco spoke.

Luhan dropped his head and surrendered. “I don’t get it! Why can’t he call me dad?”

“I guess you should blame the person who kept calling you "LuLu" in front of him.” Shin suggested. "Kids tend to imitate sounds around them, y'know?!"

With that, Luhan instantly turned his head to you.

“What?” you shrugged.

“Ya! This is all your fault! Come here!”

You quickly ran when he started chasing you.

“Aigooo~ Since mommy is running for her life…” Shin carried Draco on his shoulder. “Why don’t we grab something to eat?”

----------

The sun has already set yet they still stayed at the yard mingling and eating. Draco has been passed around and never grew tired.

DO cradled him this time as they sat on the porch while Himchan fed him. “Draco-ah… Open wide… Aaahhhh~” he said while aiming a tiny spoon with baby food, and he ate. “Mmmm! Good boy!”

“Dude, how’s Planet Mato?” DO asked.

“Not the best but we’re getting there!” Himchan replied.

“Do you need any help?”

“Naahhh… We can manage. We’ll let you know if the need arises. Thanks!” the BAP member assured him. “What about here? How’s everything? I heard about what this little booger has been up to?” he pinched Draco’s nose.

“Well… Our nephew is not a normal human boy. That’s for sure!” DO ruffled Draco’s hair as the little one kept chewing. “But being the Imoogi? That’s something we’re not sure!”

“Yongguk told me about it and I guess, time can only tell.”

“Yeah…”

As the two kept talking while feeding Draco, Daehyun suddenly left his spot and rushed to Lay’s side who was busy refilling food on his plate. “Bro! 2 o’clock!!!”

Lay looked at the direction. “Wae? I don’t see anything!” Lay smirked. “You’re just hungry! Come, let’s eat!”

Daehyun took a plate but never left his sight on a tree where he saw a hooded figure, almost a shadow. ‘I swear I saw someone!’ he scratched his nape. “Didn’t you feel anything unusual?”

“Nope!” Lay shook his head. “So don’t bother yourself looking around!”

“Fine…” Daehyun ignored.