Past

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

You entered the attic which once served as Zelo and Yongguk’s room. The wall that was made of lumber was filled of colorful graffiti out of spray paints and showed six masked bunnies in different colors. ‘Creepy but very artistic!’ you praised.

The confined space and random stuff lying around made it hard to move. Good thing it was rather cool or you could’ve been drenched by sweat in no time. The sunlight coming through a small window brightened the room, and specks of dusts would pass by making Baekhyun sneeze.

“There!” Lay pointed at a direction with his mouth.

You followed it and saw a guy sitting in a corner and leaning against the wall. His hands were tied behind his back while his head was bent, and mouth duck taped.

“Oh my god! What have you done to him?” you slowly walked.

“Stay here Sehee!” Baekhyun grabbed your arm and pulled you back. “We didn’t do anything… Yet!” he smirked. “But he got knocked out after taking a solid hit from Luhan hyung!”

“Lay! Check him!” you demanded.

Lay left right away and approached Kyuhyun. He removed the tape and untied him, then as the heat coming off his palm transferred to his face, Kyuhyun slowly woke up.

Baekhyun never left his secure grasp as you walk closer to them. You tilted your head to see if he was completely awake. “Ermmm… Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun smiled as if nothing happened. “Are you?”

“Mhmmm… I’ve had worse!” you claimed and he started fixing himself.

“But how come you’re up so quickly?” he looked at your faces.

‘Oh ! I can’t let him know about Lay’s ability… about everyone’s ability!’ you choked. “Oh! Uhmmm… They brought me to the hospital!” you lied. “Fortunately, it was just a shallow cut so I was released after the doctor stitched me up!” you touched your shoulder and faked a wince.

“Aaaahhh… Thank God you’re okay!” he said.

The three of you sat across Kyuhyun leaving a huge gap in between. “Ermmm… I want to say sorry for what they did. They shouldn’t have assumed…”

“Don’t be!” he interrupted. “Part of it was my fault! I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time!” he scratched his nape with a shy smile.

“What were you doing in her room anyway?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

Then he grinned. “I got too excited to show her my proof!”  your eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. ‘Proof???’ Lay and Baekhyun stared at each other for a bit, then back to him as he spoke again. “I didn’t want to cause further trouble with the guys around her, so I thought of a plan of seeing her directly…” he chuckled. “After climbing the tree and reaching the window, that’s when I saw her lying on floor with blood everywhere so I went in!”

You slapped your forehead while the two boys snorted. “How stupid!” Baekhyun murmured, and you elbowed him.

“I’m really sorry…” you said once again.

“I said, it’s okay…” then he took something from the back pocket of his jeans. “My proof...” he laid it on the floor.

It was a picture of two girls in their uniform, sitting on a bench with arms on each other’s shoulder, and smiling with a V sign on each cheek.

“It’s mom!” you pointed.

“And that’s my mom!” Kyuhyun pointed the other.

This time, Lay raised an eyebrow. Kyuhyun’s credibility was still hanging in the balance. The picture could’ve been manipulated or the person he was referring was some random stranger whom he can claim as his mother. “Can we see her?” he asked him.

“Sorry…” you exchanged glances with the guys. “She’s in the States right now, but she’ll be here next month. You can meet her by then!”

‘I have my eyes on you, Kyuhyun!’ Lay stared into him.

After that, Kyuhyun enumerated facts about your mother. Almost everything he said was accurate. It’s as if he knew your mother like how Shin described her to Exo and BAP before.

Turns out, Kyuhyun’s mother moved to the States after grade school and it is where he was born and raised. “My mom owns a chain of restaurants and decided to expand, so here I am!” he opened his arms out.

“Ermmm…” you hesitated. “This is all too much to take in. It’s not that I don’t believe you… But this needs some getting used to, y’know?” you forced a smile.

“Of course! I would totally react the same way!” he laughed. “And I think we started at a wrong foot. Let’s do it again…” he reached out a hand. “Hi! I’m Kyuhyun!”

Both guys were hesitant but still gave you the freedom to decide.

“Hwang Sehee!” you shook hands.