Draco's gift

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

The following day, you refused to step out of the villa and chose to watch the beach through the lounge instead. Having that fear of being attacked dreadfully came to haunt your imagination.

You were left defeated and slumped on the couch staring at the distance, hugging a cushion.

“Umma~” Draco called.

Suho was towing him and after reaching you, the toddler climbed on the couch and straddled on your tummy. “Umma…”

You set aside the cushion and held his shoulders. “Hi~ Did you eat lunch already?”

“Nehhh!” he nodded.

“Here you go buddy!” Suho handed his Rubik’s cube and sat beside you as well. “Hey… Aren’t you gonna eat?” he asked.

“Nah! I’m still full from the special breakfast you made me.”

“Glad you like it!” he pinched your cheek. “Are you feeling better now?”

“Mhmmm!” you smiled. “That snake scared the out of me! Good thing Luhan and the guys came just in time…” you held your chest and blew out a huge air.

Suho placed his arm on the back rest and pulled you closer to him. “Yeah… So I guess no more play time for you…” you looked up to him and scowled. “Unless you have at least one of us by your side.” he added.

“Of course! Whew!” you wiped your forehead.

Then Yongguk came skipping in from the beach. He had his black sleeveless top, boardshorts, and a pair of sunnies. “Bro! Kris is looking for you.”

“Oh! Okay!” Suho stood and ruffled your hair. “I’ll be back…” he left.

Yongguk took his shades off, placed it on the table, and dropped on the couch. You in turn, scooted closer to him and leaned your head on his shoulder while watching the boy play. His eyes could almost bore a hole on the cube as he focus at solving the intricate puzzle.

Under five minutes, he managed to match all the colors in each side.

You held the cube and turned it around. “Wow! Good job Draco!”

“LuLu showed me!” he flashed his two front teeth.

“Really? Uwaaaa~” you handed it to Yongguk who scrambled it up once again and gave it back to him.

“Let’s see what you got son!” he played with it and both of you watched.

As time passes, your mouth gradually turn into an ‘O’. All you can hear were clicks from the cube being rotated and shifted by his tiny hands. Just like what the boy said, he was like his father when playing with it, focused and very fast.

‘Amazing!’ you praised. ‘I can hardly even solve it!’

“Finished!” he raised it up.

Yongguk clapped and patted his head. “Good job!”

“Yeah… Good job baby!” you gently held his arms and pulled him closer for a kiss. “Mmwah~”

Xiumin, DO, and Baekhyun suddenly came. “Sehee-ah! We’ll just take Draco outside.” the oldest said.

“Okay! But be careful, a’right?” you warned and DO took him off you.

“Not a problem!” he said.

As you watch the three carry the boy out to the beach, Yongguk held your hand while you went back leaning on his shoulder. “You know what babe?” he asked, you listened. “In Mato, there’s this very old grandpa whom every Warrior respects. He doesn’t take sides, nor meddle with anyone’s business. He’s like a clan elder who knows everything about our history, our ancestors, everything!”

“Okay… And?”

“One day, I told him everything about our son…” that’s when you look up to him with intent eyes, he also looked down to you. “His birthmark, how he can fly, his telekinesis, even his reactions and behavior towards humans…”

“And?”

He squeezed your fingers and raised your tangled hands so he can point to the little boy running around the beach. “Draco is gifted.” he said.

You glanced at the boy as well. “Ermmm~ I think I know that part already…”

“But do you know why he reacts violently when Krystal is around? Why he can solve that cube faster than other adults? How he found his way home when Seri lost him?” you shook your head and stared back at him. “Sehee-ah… Draco is born with superhuman intellect.” your eyes widened. “His brain is developing rapidly compared to other kids his age. He is like a sponge that absorbs anything he sees, hears, and feels.”

Yongguk shifted to his side and faced you entirely. “Draco must’ve felt that there’s something dark about Krystal that he can’t trust her and feel threatened towards her!” he explained. “Y’know?! Kinda like your reaction to the snake yesterday.”

You paused and thought about it. The old man might just be right. There's always a reason why a person reacts to anything whether its good or bad. 

“Does that mean Draco is…” you took e deep breath. “…really a dragon? The Imoogi?”

“I also asked him about that legend…” you straightened up as he kept drawing circles on your hand with his thumb. “There is a possibility that Draco is the Imoogi…” you closed your eyes, and Yongguk cupped your face. “Babe, listen to me…” you stared at him again. “I dunno why, but I just can’t accept that. Not because I’m in denial, but a part of me says that it isn’t true… I personally don’t believe that Draco, my boy, our boy is a dragon. Do you understand? ” he softly shook you.

“Nehhh… I believe you, Bang.” you circled your arms around him and sunk into his neck.

“Don’t believe that even if everybody else does! You have me, I’m on your side!” Yongguk kissed your head while rubbing your back. “Whether I’m in Mato or in any part of the galaxy, you and Draco will always be with me…”

You squeezed him tighter. ‘I know…’

While you enjoyed the comfort Yongguk gives, Zelo came running in. “Hyung! Sehee! You gotta see this!”

“Wae?” the leader asked.

“Exo will have a combat exercise!” you looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. “They will fight each other!” he beckoned.

You instantly stood when horrible thoughts shot up to your brain. “MWOH??? What do you mean fight each other? Are they crazy???”

Yongguk stood as well and placed an arm around your shoulder. “Relax babe… It’s just their way of practicing and harnessing their abilities…”

“But that’s dangerous!” you worried.

“No it’s not!” Zelo interrupted. “We do it all the time! Besides, Lay hyung is there if anyone gets injured!”

“Aish!” you grabbed Yongguk’s wrist. “Let’s go before they end up killing each other!” you stormed to the beach.