Assignment

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

True enough, Baekhyun and Kai worked round the clock on their assignments. They often disappear at school and work without getting noticed. They even manage to sneak out in the middle of the night to meet up with Luhan at the rooftop.

The task however proves to be harder than they thought especially for the younger one. The person he was assigned to look after was still nowhere to be found. He asked every person Krystal knows, every acquaintance at school, even her enemies.

When he grew frustrated and pushed to his limits, he decided to pay someone a visit. Who else has the information about a student’s absence? The dean.

Fortunately for him, the head of the school was an old widow who swoons over pretty young boys. With his charisma, suave, and right combination of words, he may just earn himself a lead to kickstart his search.

Before entering, he stopped by the wooden door to pat his jacket, fix his hair, and the put the best game face on, a very attractive game face.

He knocked. “Come in!” says the voice.

“Ehem…” he took a deep breath and walked in.

“Why hello there young man!” the dean instantly flashed a flirtatious smile.

‘Ewwww! Blech!’ Kai mentally puke.

Who wouldn’t? The person in front of him and sitting behind a table seemed like Cruella De Vil’s twin sister. Gray haired, pointed nose, face shaped like a half moon, eyes bulging out of her skull, and lips that were drenched in red paint.

Worse of all, she smelled like she just came out of a casket due to the layers and layers of laces she wore. Even the antique decors in the room and plastic flower arrangements didn’t help at all.

“Errmmm…” Kai gulped and shook any inhibitions he got. “Miss Kim!” his charming self kicked in. “What are you doing here all by yourself?” and slowly walked towards the table with a steady stare at the gullible woman. “You’re so pretty today! It’s such a waste if you stay here, y’know?!”

“R-Really?” she batted her eyelashes while looking down and tucking strands of hair behind her ear.

‘What the have I gotten myself into?’ Kai rolled his eyes, then forced a smile. “Of course! In fact, you look rather blooming today!” he coolly sat on the table with one foot on the floor. “Are you in love perhaps?”

The dean cheekily smiled. “Aniyo~ I decided to wear less make up today~”

‘Less make up my ! I think you even used a shotgun to apply that! Tch!’ he held back his laugh and acted with rounding eyes. “Jinjja? No wonder why you look a lot younger… Lemme guess? 40? 45?”

She snorted and touched her burning face. “Omo~ I’m already 55…”

‘This grandma surely is delusional… HEY WITCH!!! YOU’RE AS OLD AS THE TREE OF LIFE!’ he screamed in his thoughts. “Uwaaaa~” he slowly clapped while shaking his head. “Amazing! You should keep it up Miss Kim!” ‘So every student in this school will have nightmares!’ the devil in his head laughed.

“Awwww~ Komawo~ What's your name?” she asked with sparkling eyes.

“I'm Kai~” he winked, making her sit at the edge of her chair.

Such a lovely name... she clasped her hands by her chest.

'But of course! I'm y like that!' his eyes narrowed.

“Why are you here anyway? Is there anything that you need? Or something that I can help you with?” she wholeheartedly asked.

Kai’s face quickly turned evil. “Actually I do, Miss Kim…” he faked a pout.

“What is it?” she touched his hand. “Why are you sad?”

Kai flinched and instinctively moved his hand away as if he wanted to teleport out of that creepy room.

But to avoid his plan getting spoiled,  he pretended to rub his eyebrows instead. “Coz I miss my friend Krystal…” ‘Can someone kill me for saying that? Oh wait… Seri will be glad for sure…’ he looked down when a genuine smile formed on his face while thinking of his girl. ‘Wonder what she’s doing right now...’

The dean’s heart soared after seeing how much Kai radiated. “Aigooo~ You’re so handsome when you smile.”

“Ehh???” he looked back to her. “Oh right…” he scratched his nape. “As I was saying... I miss Krystal... Do you know when she’s coming back? Or why she even left? I’m worried about her...” he faked a sniffle and looked at the table.

“Omo~ Omo~ Uljimma…” she clasped her palms. “Krystal is okay! She went home to her parent’s house for a family emergency…”

‘Emergency?’ he thought while hiding his face. ‘Hmmm…’ “Miss Kim?” she smiled. “I want to visit Krystal! I think, she really needs a friend right now…” he pretended to cry once again. “But I don’t know where she lives! Hu~ Hu~ Hu~ I sometimes hate her for being so secretive even to us, her friends!” ‘Well I actually hate her to the bone… I just had to be nice to her coz of Sehun! Pft!’

“Araseo~ Araseo~ Don’t be sad now…” the dean pulled out a drawer on her side and took Krystal’s file. “Here…” she then started copying the address into a piece of paper. “This is very confidential so I trust you won’t tell anyone about this...”

‘Booyah! Damn I’m so good!’ “Yes Miss Kim~ You’re really an angel…” his mood instantly changed. ‘…of death!’

“Don’t mention it…” she raised her hand towards his thigh.

Kai jump out of the table and swiftly snatched the paper. “Thanks! I gotta go! Bye!” he dashed to the door.

“Ehh?” she stood. “Wait! Can’t we at least talk some more?”

“Miahnae… I still have my class! Maybe next time!” ‘How ‘bout never?’ he smirked and went out the door. “Aish! The things I do for my hyungs!” he sighed.