Heartbreak

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

Draco suddenly rose. “Why do some kids only have one dada and one umma?”

You looked at Yongguk rather surprised, and shifted back to the curious boy. “I have four dadas…” he raised three finger so Yongguk lifted another one of his finger. “Oh! I forgot, miahn…” he grinned.

“Anyway…” Yongguk explained. “It’s true that you have four dadas. Wae? Don’t you like it?”

The boy frantically shook his head. “Ani… Ani!” he made the biggest circle he could with his tiny limbs. “Nooo-meu chuwa…” he beamed.

You chuckled while listening to the two exchange an intelligent conversation.

“You see Draco… The reason why you have four dadas is because there are four perfect people who love and care so much for mommy and you!”

“Ehh? What about Uncle Sehun? Chen? Zelo? Himchan?” he enumerated all Exo and BAP he can think of. “Don’t they love me and umma?”

Yongguk laughed. “They do love you! It’s just Luhan, Kris, Suho, and I, love you…” he pointed him and quickly kissed your head. “…and mommy more than anyone else in the world!”

“Ahhh!” Draco exclaimed. “I’m lucky then! Coz I have FOUR!” he flashed four fingers this time, both of you also nodded. “Poor babies… They only have one…” he snickered. “But who is my real dada?”

You looked at Yonguk as well. “Who do you think?” he asked him.

“Hmmmm….” Draco looked up. “LuLu!” he clapped.

“Why do you say so?” Yongguk asked.

He raised his thumb and index finger under his chin and smiled. “Coz I look like him…” then twirled his fingers making the bunny float. “…and I can do this just like LuLu does!”

“Good boy!” Yongguk high fived him.

Yongguk spent the rest of the day with you and Draco alone. He never got tired of filling the child’s curiosity and performing his duty to you.

When the sun was about to set, you all stood outside the villa to bid for another dreadful farewell. Those who were travelling back to Seoul were on one side, and the rest to the other.

What made it harder was the fact that four members of Exo were leaving as well. It’s been years, almost never in their lifetimes have they separated, much less travel to an unknown territory. Everything is at risk; life, safety, friendship, most especially brotherhood.

They huddled around as the leaders talked to them. “If something comes up, even how small it is, let us know! Araseo?” Suho ordered.

“Neh!” they replied.

“Rememeber! Do not let your guard down!” Kris pointed a finger to their faces. “You can only trust BAP and no one else!”

“Neh!” they chorused.

“Take care a’right!” Exo-K’s leader added.

Lay, Xiumin, Yeol, and DO exchanged hugs and held back any emotions. They never talked about it but seemed like they agreed to keep a strong façade to give strength to those who were left behind.

While Zelo and Seri were in each other’s arms, Yongguk carried Draco with one arm and placed the other arm around your shoulder.

You both leaned your heads on his neck. “Draco-ah, gwenchana?”

“Mhmmm~” the boy’s jaw quivered.

“Hey… Don’t cry…” he kissed his forehead. “If you cry, mommy will cry too…”

You swallowed the buildup in your throat while Draco looked at you b with tears. “Umma… Miahnae…”

“It’s okay…” you reached out a hand to his face and smiled. “It's okay…”

“Dada…” Draco sobbed and draped his hands over Yongguk’s shoulder to hug him. “Dada…” he cried.

BAP’s leader looked up and blew out an air to shake away anything that was about to drip in his eyes. ‘Keep it together Bang Yongguk! Be strong!’ “Dada, will be back in no time! I promise!” he then squeezed you both in his arms. “I love you so so much!” he murmured instinctively.

That did it. If hearing a little boy’s cry wasn’t enough, seeing Yongguk break down inside was much worse. Your chest exploded and tears came falling down in an instant. You hugged him on the side and sunk your face in his jacket. “I’m gonna miss you Bang…” you cried. “Don’t stay too long, okay?” you gasped.

“Mhmmm~” his deep voice shook and looked ahead. “Luhan!” he called.

Luhan calmly walked to him.

“We gotta go, bro…” he shifted you to him. “You need to go as well. It’s getting late…” he told him.

You sunk your face in Luhan’s neck still dripping in sorrowful tears.

Yongguk turned his head over his shoulder and gently held his son’s face. “Draco-ah… Dada needs to go…” he put up a brave face. “Are you gonna be okay?”

Draco looked at him despite his soaking eyes and kissed his cheek. “Neh… Be careful…” he then wiped his tears with his arm. “Here!” he gave him the toy bunny. “Kekemato...will help fight the monsters...” he sniffled.

Yongguk took the bunny and hugged him again. “Komawo~” he rubbed his back. “Remember what I told you okay?” the boy nodded.

After what seemed like forever of hugging his little boy, Yongguk moved him to Luhan. “You know what to do…” he said.

“Take care man...” Luhan pounded his fist with him.

When Seri got her fair share of heartache, she ended up crying in Tao’s arms when Zelo broke away to join Yongguk and Youngjae. And with his backpack and firmly holding on to the toy bunny, Yongguk and his team, together with Lay, Xiumin, Yeol, and DO, they jumped and vanished into thin air.

“DADA!!!” Draco yelled. “I WANT MY DADA!!!” he cried. "DADA!!!"

“Ssshhh…” Luhan rubbed his back while you went to Kris when his screams grew unbearable.

It hurts seeing a boy helplessly cry, wishing and begging for his father to come back. Even though he made a promise to be strong for you, he reacted just like any child would when getting separated to a parent.

Sehun turned around and lifted his shirt to wipe his tears.

“Dada…” he cried. “LuLu miahnae…” he gasped. “Don’t…be mad…okay?”  his lips trembled. “I just miss dada already…”

“It’s okay… No need to say sorry…” he hushed him. “I understand…”

It was one heartbreaking evening. Tears flowed and emotions ran wild. Draco fell asleep on Luhan’s shoulders, Seri passed out in Tao’s clutch, and you grew tired while hanging on to Kris.