Unselfish

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

After walking Shin home when the party ended, you and Kris enjoyed the little stroll back to your house.

The moon was full and bright, and the wind was chilly as usual. A casual stray cat crosses the dark street that was in utter silence.

As the temperature dropped a couple degrees, you cupped your hands around your mouth and blew hot air into it.

“Gwenchana?” Kris asked.

“Mhmmm~ Just a little cold…” you sniffed.

He sighed. “Here, take this…” he took his jacket off and let you wear it.

“What about you?”

“Tch! This weather is nothing compared to where we came from.” he bragged.

“Right…” you rolled your eyes.

Armed with his sleek moves, Kris swiftly took your hand and laced your fingers together.

‘This troll never fails to sweep me off my feet…’ you bit your lip and looked down.

“You don’t have to hide it, Sehee. You’re not committing a crime.” he said while looking ahead.

You looked at him and tightened your grasp. “Kris?”

“Hmmmm?”

“You usually don’t say anything about it, but I want you to be honest with me, okay?”

He stopped walking and turned to face you.

Kris radiated under the moonlight. His long brown hair was brushed up and tied to a ponytail. His smooth and flawless jawline was more than enough to make you lose a breath.

His deep and raspy voice tingled your spine when he spoke. “What is it about?”

“Ermmm~ About me… Luhan… and Draco… Suho and Bang…” you paused with every name.

Kris released you and held your face with both hands. “I’m gonna say this for the last time and I want you to listen carefully…” you nodded, and he stared at your questioning eyes. “I’d be a hypocrite if I don’t want you for myself, to be my wife. But Luhan got you first...” he breathed. “When you told me that you love me, I believed you. You just don't know how happy I am." you blinked. "At that point in time, I made a decision to be the best man for you, and a father to Draco…”

Your heart soared as you listened to every word that Kris said. It was the sweetest and most truthful, coming from the person you shared a deep and personal bond. He rendered you weak that you had to grip onto his hips as he continued talking.

“I don’t care what people say. I just can’t see myself with anyone else but you, Sehee. That's all there is to it! And when I said I love you…I do! With all my heart! You know that right?”

You nodded.

“I can’t say the same for Suho and Bang, but I know they feel the same way.”

You smiled and took a step closer to him, wrapping your arms around his back. “Thank you so much. I don’t know what I would do without any of you in my life.” you muttered in his ear.

“It’s the same for all of us. Trust me!” he warmly smiled.

You slowly pushed away and stared into his sparkling eyes while he kept his hands around your waist. “Well… It makes us one big dysfunctional family but I like it that way.”

“Mhmmm!” he hugged you again. “I miss you!” he embraced you tighter. “You’ve been spending way too much time with Draco. Pft!” he complained.

“Ya!” you slapped his back. “How can you get jealous over a baby? Aish!”

While you both hugged on the side of the street, Kris caught sight of a hooded figure way across him. It was hiding behind a thick pillar, watching, more like stalking.

He squinted for a closer look but could not get a clear image as it was too dark. His instincts and years of training told him it was bad news. After all, who in their right mind would play hide and seek in the middle of night, and observe two people hugging in the street? ‘Who are you er? What do you want?’

Kris took your wrist and gently pulled you. “I think we should head home. Draco must be looking for you already…” he started walking while keeping a steady glare at the shadow.

“Hey! Slow down!” you jogged behind him.

“Oh! Miahn…”

The walk home was eerily quiet and Kris kept a secure grasp on your fingers. His breathing was heavy and his eyebrows were furrowed at the distance.

“Something wrong?” you wondered.

“Nope!” he faked a smile.

‘Tch! Such a bad liar! But whatever… I know you won’t tell me anyway.’ you sighed.

As you reach the porch of the old house, Kris opened the door and pulled you in. There you saw Jongup and Youngjae playing with Draco in the living room. After the door was shut, Kris sprinted to their room. ‘Ehh? Something’s wrong, I swear!’ you wondered.

“Look Draco!” Jongup shouted. “It’s mommy!”

Then you got distracted. You kneeled on the floor and joined them.

Kris came running through their bedroom door and saw Exo-M huddled around with some of the BAP boys playing poker.

“EXO-M!!! We’re heading out!” he ordered.

“Wae? Something happened?” Zelo’s head shot up.

The leader closed the door and stood in commanding stance. “Sehee and I were walking home when I saw someone very suspicious watching us!”

“MWOH???” they chorused and dropped the playing cards.

“Who? Did you see who it was?” Himchan stood.

Kris shook his head. “That’s why we’re heading out. I need to see whose spying us!”

“I told you I saw someone earlier?” Daehyun faced Lay.

“What??? Why didn’t you tell us?” Kris glared at the two.

“Duizhang… Dui bu qi… Daehyun told me but I didn’t believe him. I thought it was nothing!” Lay dropped his head.

“It’s okay. Let’s just find this bastard as soon as possible!” he then faced BAP. “Go tell Exo-K but not the girls. I don’t want them to get scared.” they nodded. “…and check the premises after!”

“Got it, hyung!” Daehyun said.

“Let’s go!” Kris signaled and they jumped out the window.