Birth of A Dragon

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

Luhan was permitted entry into the delivery room. He stood by your side, holding onto your hand every step of the way. He hummed sweet melodies into your ears when the pain grew unbearable. He kissed every tear that falls. He wiped every sweat that drenched your face. He blew out air as you puffed your cheeks for deeper breaths.

“You’re gonna be fine babe. I’m here. I will never let go. Okay?” he whispered.

“Y-Yes Lu…Han… K-Komawo…” you whimpered.

After what seemed like forever of pushing and groaning, an angelic cry erupted. It was music to your ears. Every pain and agony faded in an instant when a little bit of heaven filled the room. You hardly even noticed the smell of blood.

“Omo! Omo! Such a handsome boy just like his father and so strong like you, agashi!” praised a nurse. “Here you go…”

The healthy baby was placed in your arms. Luhan bent over and planted a kiss on his forehead.

“Uwaaa… Sehee-ah…” he gently caressed the boy’s plump cheeks then stared at you. “He’s beautiful!”

“Yeah… Just like you!” you looked up to him. “Those deer eyes… He is so like you Luhan!”

You both couldn’t take your eyes off the newborn child, yours and Luhan’s own son. Ten fingers, ten toes, jet black hair, the fragile little body, the energetic kicks, and a weirdly shaped birthmark on his shoulder.

“Is that a dragon?” you it.

“Ehh?” Luhan cocked his head to the side for a double take. “Seems like it…” then his eyes bulged. ‘Oh my God! Is that what I think it is?’

You noticed him gaping and staring deeply into it. For him, it was like a dream coming into reality. What was once a fairytale which was considered false and spread through hearsay might just be true.

“Something wrong babe?” you asked.

Luhan bent back down and carefully hugged you both placing his chin on top of your head. “N-nothing…” he stuttered. “We’ll call him… Draco.” he added.

“Draco… Ahhhh~ I like it!” you looked up to him and exchanged kisses.

“Ms. Hwang?” the nurse interrupted. “We’ll just take Draco for now. He needs to be cleaned up and examined.” she said.

“Okay…” you planted a final kiss on the boy’s forehead and handed him over.

After a couple of hours, you were transferred to a private room. Seri, Tao, Kai and Zelo stayed behind when the rest of them went to the nursery. They saw Draco all wrapped up in a white blanket, sleeping peacefully.

“Uwaaaa~ He looks like me!” Yongguk gawked by the window.

“Excuse me?” Suho protested. “Just look at those lips. Those are mine!” he smirked.

“Keep dreaming!” Kris beckoned. “Draco’s legs and arms are so long that he could be tall just like me when he grows up!” he exclaimed.

“No way! My nephew is not gonna be a giant troll! Tch!” Chanyeol elbowed him.

“Talking to yourself?” Baekhyun snorted.

The hall was filled with excitement of bickering, teasing, goofing uncles behind the glass window.

“YAH!!! Will you shut up?! We’re in a hospital! Not at home!” Lay scolded. “Draco might wake up... He needs a lot of sleep y'know! Geez!” he glared at them.

“Wae?” Chen wondered.

“Well, a baby in his first few months of life is experiencing dramatic physical and mental growth that his body requires a lot of sleep.” he explained.

“Well hello there Doogie Howser!” DO snorted.

“Why don’t you try watching Discovery Channel? Aish!” he faked a punch to his face, and the shorter one tried to block.

They all kept quiet and remained contented watching over their nephew. Luhan stood with arms crossed keeping a stare at his son.

“It’s about the myth right?” Xiumin asked softly, and he nodded. “Don’t worry man! It was just a bedtime story the King told us to make us sleep after training.”

“That’s true hyung!” Sehun placed a hand on his shoulder. “Abeoji could’ve made it all up.”

“Hope so… We’ll just have to wait until Draco grows up.” Luhan blew out an air. “Let’s go! I wanna see my wife…”

“Me too!” Suho said.

“Me three!” Yongguk snickered.

“Not before me!” Kris skipped ahead.

“Whatever…” Luhan rolled his eyes. “She’s still the mother of my son.” he murmured and smiled triumphantly.

They all walk back to see you, leaving Draco in peace.

“Can’t wait to take nephew home. Weeeee~” DO clapped.

“WORD!!!” Sehun grinned.