Choose Your Star

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

The only one who was left on the beach was Zelo. He sat while hugging his knees and watched the full moon. It shined brightly and the reflection on the calm sea, guided the fishing boats who were hauling their catch.

The stars above his head were like millions of diamonds in the dark sky dazzling and sparkling. Even the wind was calm but gives off a slight chill when it passes by.

‘Hyungs? Miahnae…’ Zelo's eyes never left the horizon thinking about his brothers. Every falling star gave him hope that everything is okay back home. Every wish he made was his vials of strength, yet it wasn’t enough to ease the guilt in his heart.

He may be the tallest and shows not that much emotion, but Zelo is just a 16 year old who is worried and scared. ‘In the brightest days and in the darkest nights, they were always there for me, supporting me, encouraging me and giving me all that I asked for.’ he thought. ‘Yet here I am, away from them, can't even repay them one bit.’ he rested his chin on top of his knees. ‘I'm sorry for being a coward. I'm sorry for turning my back. I'm sorry I couldn't even be there for any of you.’ his chest got heavier by the minute.

Zelo forced his mind to go empty. He can’t be weak, not now that he already chose the easier path.

“Bro…” Baekhyun said.

He turned and saw him with Chanyeol who was tugging Draco.

“Gwenchana?” he asked.

Zelo looked ahead and shook off his b tears. “N-neh...”

They sat on each side of him while Draco stood in front of them. “Zelo! Open please?” he raised an ice pop.

“Oh! Okay!” After peeling the wrapper, Zelo handed it back to the boy.

“Thanks~” he then the frozen treat. “Mmmmm~ Apple!”

The three chuckled watching him eat. “You’re thinking of your hyungs, aren’t you?” Chanyeol asked.

Zelo dipped his head and took a deep breath. “Yeah… I let them down... While they fight and risk their lives to protect our planet, here I am being selfish and a wuss.”

Draco pouted while Baekhyun placed an arm around Zelo’s shoulder. “Aigooo Zelo-ah… Don’t be hard on yourself!” he said. “Sometimes, it’s okay to take a seat, relax, and think things through.” maknae looked at him. “Just don’t forget to get back up, continue where you left off, and give it your best shot. It’s okay man!”

“Yeah!” Draco raised a thumb.

Zelo finally smiled and looked at the horizon with a glimmer of hope. ‘Hyungs, wait for me! I’ll be back stronger and indestructible…’ he then pinched the boy’s nose. “Draco-ah… This may sound bad, but can you please breathe fire into every bad person who hurts my brothers?”

Draco raised a thumb and continued eating.

“Ehh?” Zelo gawked. “Jinjja?”

“Idiot!” Chanyeol punched his arm. “Do you really think he understood you?”

“I dunno… You tell me!” Zelo shrugged.

The boy suddenly raised his popsicle to Baekhyun. “You like? Yummy!”

“Mmmm!” Baekhyun took a bite.

He raised it to Chanyeol as well. “Yummy! Eat! Eat!”

Being the bottomless pit that he is, Chanyeol also took a bite. “Mmmmm! Yummy!” he grinned.

“Yah!” Zelo interrupted. “You do realize that you’ve just indirectly kissed each other, right?”

The two guys froze with bulging eyes.

“Yuck! Blech!” Chanyeol cringed.

Zelo laughed hard at the two, wiping their tongues and squirming around.

“Eeewwww!” Baekhyun puked and shot Draco a menacing stare. “Why you little rascal?!” he grabbed him but escaped.

Zelo dropped on his back against the sand when Draco pushed him and walked over his body. “OW!!! Draco, nooo! OW!”

Draco ran like a little penguin being chased by two bigger penguins. He was still holding onto the ice pop and giggling back to the villa.

“Aish! Come back here!” Chanyeol sneered.

“Aigooo~ Such a crazy family we have!” Zelo chuckled. He remained lying on the sand, watching the galaxy. He can see the faces of Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Himchan on each of the constellations. They seem so near just watching them smiling down at him. It made him look forward to come back and be with them.

“Can I join you?” Seri came. She sat at first but when Zelo opened an arm, she laid beside him and cuddled.

Zelo hugged her and kissed the top of her head. “If there will come a time that you’ll miss me, just look at that star.” he pointed. “That’s the brightest star in the galaxy and it will continue shining even if the darkest cloud covers it!”

“I will!” she murmured while drawing shapes on his shirt.

“I love you!” he kissed her again.

“I love you too, Zelo!” she raised her head and kissed his jaw.

Kai and Tao also came and laid on each sides. They let Zelo and Seri cuddle while they placed both hands behind their heads like a pillow. “So? What about us? Which one is ours?” Tao asked.

“Go find your own!” Zelo chuckled.

“Okay! That pink one is mine!” Exo-M’s maknae pointed.

“Hyung!” Kai argued. “That’s mine! I saw that first!”

“Yeah right! Andwae! That’s mine!”

Seri raised her head and shot each of them a warning glare. “Yah! There are millions of stars out there! Find something else!” she went back to Zelo’s chest.

“But I want the pink one…” Kai murmured.

“Aish!” Seri hissed.

“Aigoooo~” DO came. “What's this all about?” and sat beside Kai.

“Nothing!” Kai and Tao chorused angrily.

“Fine! Geez!” DO also laid and curled on his side facing Kai, then draped a leg over his waist.

“Hyyuuunnnggggg!” the latter complained.

“What? Aren’t you jealous of those two?” he pointed Seri and Zelo with his lips.

“I am! But I didn’t tell you to do it with me!” he took his leg and shoved it aside. “Move your ing leg or I will ing cut it off!”

“Shireo!” DO taunted and placed it back.

Before they know it, everyone was out on the beach, lying on the sand. They watched the night sky and pointing each star they like, proclaiming it as their own.

Draco came and stood in front of a pile of people, choosing which one will be comfortable enough to be his bed.

As he moved from side to side, he saw DO snuggling with Kai who was stiff as log, Chen scooted closer to Xiumin, Kris found himself being locked between Tao and Lay’s legs, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were on the opposite sides still in shock of what happened, and Suho was all alone at the very end. The rest were just in their own little world.

“Dada!” the boy called.

“Come here buddy! Dada will find you a star!” he replied and the boy laid on his tummy.

You were the last one to come out with a mug of hot choco on hand. “Hey guys? Are you gonna sleep here tonight?”

“Maybe!” Sehun mused.

“Babe?” Luhan patted a space beside him. “Let’s sleep here instead!”

“Yaayyy!” Draco clapped.

You sighed and walked backwards. “Are you sure?” you chuckled and called your sister. “Seri-ah… Remember that night when Shin, you, and I were supposed to sleep out here?”

She instantly rose. “Oh !”

“Wae?” Zelo wondered.

Before Seri can even reply to him, she already made a mad dash back to the villa.

“Ermmm…” you continued walking backwards. “That night, Shin’s mom didn’t allow us coz she said, that a headless ghost wanders this area…”

Then they all rose. “J-Jeungmal?” Yongguk stammered.

You slowly nodded and lowered your voice into a horrific tone. “Shin’s dad however, said that it’s not a ghost, but a real ahjumma whose out to every guy he can lay her eyes on…”

As they looked and gauge each other’s reaction, the wind eerily howled and caused sudden movement and ruckus in a nearby bush.

That did it.

They all stood and scrambled back to the villa. Even with his tiny steps, Draco ran as fast he can trailing his uncles and dadas.

“Yah!” you yelled as they passed. “How can you even leave Draco!?”

“Don’t worry! He can fly!” Xiumin shouted.

“Mwoh? Aish!” you jogged and carried the little boy instead. “YAH!!!” you yelled. “Don’t tell me you’re scared of that ty story!”

“We are not afraid of anything that breathes!” Suho retorted. “Those that cannot be seen are the ones that scare the out of us!”

“And the least of my worries is getting !” Kai shouted.

“Wimps!” you smirked.

You were giggling and laughing on your way in, but little did you know that on the next morning, a very shocking visitor will arrive.