Ambush

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

When lunch came, the guys decided to eat by the beach. They set up a long wooden table with a huge canopy tent over their heads.

After the mouth watering dishes were laid, they all took their spots including Youngjae. He sat in between Bang and Zelo, already changed into a boardshort and white V neck shirt.

“Youngjae-ah? How are you feeling?” you asked.

“Better…” he smiled.

“Eat a lot, okay?” Seri mused, he lightly bowed.

That’s when you all started eating. It started a little silent and awkward, but Draco took matters in his own hands who was just sitting across BAP. “Youngjae!”

“Yes?” he looked at the boy while chewing slowly.

“Catch!” he twirled his finger.

Armed with his fast reflexes, Youngjae caught an apple shooting straight at him. “Komawo Draco-ah!” he stood and reached out to his head. “Aigooo~ I miss this little booger!” he ruffled his hair.

The giggles and laughs from the boy changed the mood. They initiated small talks when all you can hear are murmurs and whispered in different directions.

But then the incident still found its way into the table.

“Hyung…” Zelo faced Youngjae. “What happened?”

They all stopped whatever conversations they have and turned their attention to the person who came early in the morning, injured and at the brink of death.

“Can we at least let him eat first?” Seri butted in.

“It’s okay…” Youngjae smiled to her. “It would be best to discuss it here since we’re all gathered anyway…”

She sighed while he started talking. “Himchan hyung sent me to give Yongguk hyung some updates. So I travelled all by myself and went straight home.” his head moved from side to side looking at your faces.  “But the door was locked. I even checked the windows but it was also shut.” he kept chewing at the same time. “I didn’t know about this vacation so I assumed you were all at the bakeshop. When I turned to the fence, shurikens were flying straight at me.”

All of you gasped and looked at each other. It was like listening to a narration of an action scene, full of suspense, thrilling, and scary.

“I managed to dodge the first two, but the last one slit my arm. I ran and hid behind one of the forges DO built in the yard to see who I was dealing with…” Yongguk and Zelo stopped eating to listen to his account. “I poked my head out just enough for my eyes to see. Then I saw a fully clothed ninja walking straight at me, with a sword in one hand.”

“Woah! Woah!” you interrupted. “Are you saying a ninja? Like a real ninja? Movie ninja maybe? All covered in black with sleek martial arts move, that kind of ?” he nodded. “You’re ing kidding me right?”

“No Sehee! It’s true!” Youngjae shook his head.

“Unnie…” Seri nudged you. “Exo have super powers, don’t you believe that too?”

“OW!” She instantly rubbed her throbbing head after you smacked her, making Draco chuckle and the maknaes snort.

“Shut up!” you scowled at her.

“I also didn’t believe it at first.” Youngjae interrupted. “But when I saw him approaching with a sword ready to slash anyone on sight, human or not, I took my stance for a fight.” he blew out an air. “He was really good. It was like fighting Tao.” you all looked at Exo-M’s maknae. “…equally fast and skilled.” he swallowed. “I didn't brought anything so I had to take all his hits barehanded and attack him at the same time.”

“Which explains all your cuts!” Lay murmured while rubbing his chin.

Their heads moved every time a person talks. Exo has always been attentive when it comes to this conversation and known to be keen listeners.

Youngjae continued. “That ninja however got careless and gave me a clear shot. I kicked his knee and broke it. So when he fell, I grabbed his sword and ran.”

“Where is it?” Baekhyun asked.

“I hid it at the storage room in the bakeshop.” he said. “I can’t be seen running around with it. Plus, that bastard had a few tricks off his sleeve.”

“What?” Chen asked.

Youngjae looked at Lay. “He shot me while I was running away… Damn I was so stupid!” he slammed his fist on the table.

Baekhyun pulled out the shurikens and laid it on the table.

They stared at it while the BAP member continued recounting the events. “Instead of coming back to kill that son of a , I zipped up my jacket as if nothing happened and jumped straight to the bakeshop. Good thing, Shin hyung came. He told me where you are and I left.” he took a bite. “I no longer cared if anyone sees me, but I went here just like we usually do at night.

Zelo rubbed his brother’s back who was on the verge of tears. Youngjae knew how bad his condition was and needed to find Lay as fast as he could.

“Youngjae! Jjang!” Draco yelled and raised a thumb.

They laughed and the mood changed again.

Kris lowered his chopsticks and crossed his arms on the table. “So you’re telling us that you were attacked?”

“Duizhang...” Xiumin interrupted. “I think it was more like an ambush.” you all looked at the eldest Exo. “Whoever did this to Youngjae doesn’t want him to be here…”

“Who? And why?” Seri looked at their faces or answers.

“We don’t know yet…” Suho affirmed. “…and we need to find out as soon as possible.”

You raised a finger. “Ermmm… When you say equally fast and skilled…” you looked at Yongguk. “Does that mean he's one of you?” then at Kris. “Or you?”

“He's not one of us. I can tell…” Youngjae said. “I know how Warriors fight. Besides, we never use ancient weapons.” he smirked.

“He's not one of us either…” Baekhyun explained. “Trust me! Our planet has been living in peace and we never hide our faces when we fight. It’s a matter of pride and honor.”

“Aish! Molla!” you frowned. “I don’t know what to think anymore.” you fed Draco instead.

Yongguk then placed a hand on Youngjae’s shoulder. “What did Himchan want to tell me?”

“Ermmm…” the latter fell silent. He bit his lip and after taking a deep breath, he talked. “He wanted you and Zelo to go back as soon as possible if you can…” Yongguk looked at the person across him.

“It’s okay…” you mouthed and smiled wholeheartedly.

“Thanks!” he smiled back.

“It got worse huh?” the leader asked.

Youngjae nodded. “Neh… The insurgents orchestrated a coup and it’s just a matter of time they’ll take over us.”

“How are they?” Zelo worried about the rest of BAP.

“Tired, but safe…” Youngjae forced a smile.

“Any news about who is behind all these?” Yongguk asked.

“Nope, Daehyun and I went undercover but couldn’t find anything. It’s as if a ghost is leading those civilians into their deaths.” he said.

Kris and Suho were in deep thought. Something needs to be done in a way that no one gets injured in both sides.

“Lay! Xiumin!” Exo-M’s leader called. “You’re going with Yongguk tomorrow… Help them as much as you can. Araseo?”

“Neh!” both guys assured.

Exo-K’s leader also pointed his team. “Yeol! DO! You’re going too!”

“Neh!” they agreed.

“Me too! Me too!” Draco flailed his arms in the air.

Luhan took him off your lap and faced each other. “I’m sorry buddy… You’re still young…” the boy pouted. “But don’t worry, LuLu will train you fast so we can go to Planet Mato and help them when you’re ready. How about that?”

“Yes!” the boy clapped.

“What do you mean train?” you protested.

“Ssshhh… I’m just trying to distract him.” he whispered. “He might throw a tantrum if I tell him he’s not allowed to fight at all…” he added.

“Aahhh…” you slowly nodded.

“Kick their asses!” Sehun raised his fight.

“Yeah! Show them whose boss!” Kai smirked.

You watch them exchange high fives but couldn’t help to get scared and worried. They are after all close to your heart and couldn’t afford seeing them hurt and suffering. ‘I just hope they’re doing the right thing…’

Chanyeol suddenly stood. “Tonight is gonna be our last night, so we’re gonna drink and parr-taayyy! Woot!” he danced on the spot.

“I’m with you on that one!” Seri high fived him.

“Uh-oh!” Draco slapped his forehead.