The Smell Of Conspiracy

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

“Where have you been?” Seri asked Kai who sat her beside after coming in late for class.

“Went out to buy you this…” he placed a lollipop on her desk.

“Awww~ You’re truly the sweetest~” she pinched his cheeks.

While the entire class listened, Kai slumped on his chair while staring blankly at the whiteboard. He was left puzzled at the whole situation. Luhan has a point but there were still flaws and loopholes. For one, Youngjae mentioned the fighting ability of the person he clashed with. Equally fast, highly trained, and well versed with weapons.

‘Humans can also be good fighters, but they can never be as fast and agile like us!’ he reasoned.

Second, the motive. He can’t exactly see any kind of motive behind it.

With that, Kai could almost bore a hole on the board. He was clueless and left dumbstruck. ‘! Since when did I became dumb at this kind of stuff?’

All he could do was sulk until his brain started to flood him with questions and couldn’t come up with anything.

That's when he shifted closer to Sehun who was paying attention to the lecture. “Bro… What will make you hide your identity?” he asked out of nowhere.

 “If I’m scared of something…” maknae replied.

“Like?” Kai further questioned.

“Being caught…” he said.

Sehun placed an elbow on his desk and planted his chin on top of it.

Kai copied him. “And why would you disguise yourself, carry a weapon, and intrude a private property?”

“If I want something really bad…” the younger one sighed.

Sehun’s attentiveness to the teacher while listening to Kai’s inquiries made him construct simple answers. More of logical answers, or, obvious answers to obvious questions.

That made Kai knocked his own head. ‘Babo! Why didn’t I even think of that?’ ‘Coz you’re thinking too much!’ a tiny angel appeared above him. ‘Go away! Pft!’ he shot him a glare and it disappeared.

Kai slumped back in his chair and stared at the ceiling this time. ‘Hmmmm… If I want something really bad…’ he repeated what Sehun said. ‘That something is...at home???’ his eyes bulged. ‘Holy !’

That lit up a light bulb in his head.

It all boils down to one very special and valuable thing back home, or rather, someone. ‘Draco...’ he stood and sprinted to the door.

“What the hell?” Seri watched him leave. “Oppa, where’s he going?” she asked Sehun.

“I dunno…” he replied. “Let him go… He’s interrupting my journey to learning!”

“Learning? Yeah right!” she smirked and ignored him.

----------

Upon reaching an isolated part of the school, Kai teleported straight home. He ended up in Draco’s room and tiptoed to look for Luhan.

Just as he stepped out of the bedroom door, he gasped and held his breath when he bumped into him. “! You scared me!” he held his raging chest.

“What are you doing here?” your husband wondered.

“Hyung…” he said with his softest voice. “Where’s Sehee and Draco?”

“In the other room, sleeping… Wae?” Luhan raised an eyebrow.

“Good! Is Kris hyung with them?” he nodded. “Let’s go then! I need to tell you and Baekhyun hyung something very important!”

Before he can even reply, Kai grabbed his arm and teleported to the bakeshop’s kitchen. There they saw Baekyun all alone, stuffing fillings into the pastry. “What are you doing here?” he asked them.

“Follow me!” Kai lead the way out the backdoor and they huddled. “I think I know what that ninja wants...”

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“He’s after Draco…”

Luhan’s hands instantly curled into fists, ready to wreak havoc. It may still be false but having his little boy involved in it gave him all the reason to grow infuriated.

“Hyung!” Kai shook him. “Whether that ninja er is a human or one of us, I think we can all agree that Draco is the reason why he suddenly showed up!”

“It’s possible...” Baekhyun rubbed his chin.

Luhan paced. “Continue following Kyuhyun and Krystal. If none of them is that bastard, then good!” he cocked his head. “But if I see a single evidence pointing to one of them, then it's gonna be BAD for them!” he gritted his teeth.

Baekhyun and Kai looked at each other. They were surprised to see this side of Luhan who has always been the calmer one among all of them. He was never violent, and never condone brutality.

“Do you have a lead about Krystal's whereabouts?” he asked Kai.

“Neh! I’m going there as soon as it gets dark!” he replied.

“Okay! Be careful a’right? You too Baek!” they nodded.