Intuition

Two Moons and A Dragon

 

7:00 PM

It’s dark, cold and eerie. Not a single star was present and the half moon barely shined. The wind had already picked up sending chills all over your body. You sat by the porch all alone waiting and praying for Draco to miraculously show up. Your knees were bent and had your arms crossed on top of it while resting your chin.

The search was halted when everyone took a break. Shin went home, some took a rest, while some went to dinner.

“Babe?” Luhan came and sat on your side. “Aren’t you gonna eat?”

You meekly shook your head while staring at the fence. You suddenly lost the will to live, to function, to breathe, you could almost forget about the people around you. All you can think of was Draco, a child either lost in a city with heartless goons, or taken by a ruthless person and possibly harmed. You closed your eyes and swallowed hard at the painful thought. It’s like a nail being hammered in your heart. ‘Not my baby, please! He’s too young!’

Luhan helplessly watch you drift into depression. Everything was too much for him but he it all in. If he surrenders, who else would be there for you and Draco?

He moved to your side and placed a warm and tender kiss on your cheek. “Keep breathing, Sehee… That’s all I ask… Draco and I needs you…”

Hearing his words was good enough to get your attention. You slipped your arms around his back and rested your head on his chest. “Luhan…” you whispered his name.

That did it.

Luhan looked up when his b tears threatened to fall. His heart grew heavy with every second and it came with so much burden. He was holding it in for so long that his chest could almost explode. You can feel him breathing heavily and hands trembling by your shoulders. ‘Don’t cry, Luhan! Don’t be such a wuss damn it!’ he then closed his eyes and shook his head. ‘Draco is alone out there, so don’t even think of crying! This is nothing!’ he sniffled and puffed his cheeks while breathing hard.

When he heard footsteps drawing closer, he opened his eyes and faced the door. “Bro! Take Sehee for a bit!” he told Sehun.

“No problem…”

Your brother sat on the other side and Luhan carefully shifted you to him. “I’ll just get something… I’ll be back…” he kissed you again and left.

Kris saw Luhan sitting on the floor and leaning against the door with his face sunk in between his knees. He walked up to him and kneeled. “Bro… Gwenchana?”

“Everything is ed up man!” he murmured. “Draco is just a boy. If I could switch places with him, I would! Even if it means going to the deepest hole on Earth!” he clenched his fist. “Sehee is about to give up too! I can’t lose her… I can’t ing lose my family!”

“Dude, you’re not losing any one of them! Believe me!” Kris placed his palms on Luhan's head. “I won’t let that happen!”

“I can’t let that happen too!” Suho appeared and kneeled beside Kris. Luhan raised his head and saw his hand reaching out to him. “We are one, remember?” he added.

Luhan took it and Kris also joined their hands. “Tch! Why else would we be called Exo?!” they smirked.

----------

Just a flew blocks away, Draco was left hungry, exhausted, and frightened. His white sneakers have turned light brown from the filth, his overalls were all soiled and somewhat torn, his face and fingers was nothing but dirty.

He nervously navigated the streets of your neighborhood with bravery on his side. Every time he notices someone heading towards him, he would instinctively find a random spot to hide himself. He was so used to react negatively against Krystal that it became a part of his system to avoid strangers.

At that point in time, Draco recalled certain landmarks he passed by when you all go home after work. The vibrant print ad of a food stall, the eye catching signpost on the side of the street, even the familiar scent of coffee from a grandma next door.

The little boy continued on when that certain voice in his head talks. ‘You can do it, Draco! Good job, Draco!’ Even that feeling he gets when he was actually on the right path, also pushes him.

There might just be a great deal of truth to the saying, ‘Home is where the heart is.’ Draco was trying to find a missing piece of his heart.

Then he stopped.

“Umma~ LuLu~” he spoke at the sight of a very memorable fence. Against all odds, Draco managed to reach home.

You were all alone at the porch once again when you could’ve sworn a tiny voice caught your ears. ‘Draco?’

When you heard Luhan’s name being called, that’s when you straightened up and squinted your eyes at the distance. “Holy mother of God…” you covered your gaping mouth and slowly rose. “Draco…”

You got a full sight of him when he passed the fence. “Oh my God…” you instantly left. “DRACOOOO!!!” you ran. “OH MY GOD DRAACCOOO!!!” you repeated.

You forgot about how weak you got and started running as fast as you can. So fast that you tumbled and fell, but pushed yourself up and continued.

“Umma~” then Draco cried. Even from afar, you can see his eyes flooded with tears and quivering jaw.

You stopped and picked him up with protective arms around him. “Oh my God, my baby!!!” you cried and hushed him. "Don't worry Draco... You're safe now... Ssshhhh!" you sniffed. 'Oh God!'

Luhan also came running out with everybody else after hearing you scream. When he saw you hugging and swaying with Draco in your arms, he moved in a blink of an eye, not even thinking of Kyuhyun, and circled his arms around both of you.

“LuLu~” Draco sobbed.

“I’m here, buddy…” he kissed his head and also yours. Luhan looked up and closed his eyes. ‘Thank you for bringing back my family!’

You and Draco each got a kiss from Suho and Kris well. They hugged you both just like Luhan who refused to let go.

“Coming through!” Lay shoved them aside. “Resident healer is here to check the patient…”

“Lay~” Draco reached out to him.

“See? He wants me more than you guys…” he took the boy from you and carried him. “Stop crying okay? Uncle unicorn will give you lots of mooncakes!" he wiped the boy's tears. "Aigooo~ You also need a bath…” he scrunched his nose. “Let's go guys! Baby Draco needs a shower!”

The four of you watched them take him to the house.

“That's one strong boy you got there!” Kyuhyun blurted after staying behind.

“Yeah…” Luhan replied.

“Well… My work here is done, so good night everybody!” he bowed.

You reached out a hand and held his wrist. “Thank you… I truly appreciate the help...”

“It’s nothing!” he pinched your cheek. “You should get some rest too! You look like !” he chuckled and left.

“YAH!!! How dare you say that to my girl?!” Suho scowled, yet Kyuhyun kept walking coolly.

You all went back to the house as well.

“I can give you a bath too, y’know?” Kris offered.

“In your dreams!” you smirked.