The Evil Jerk Who Ruined my Day

I Have to Live in WHOSE House??

The napkin with Tao's snot all over it landed in my lunch. Great. I guess I'll starve for the day, no big deal.

"You know what? I wish I could just punch him in the face." I said.

"Do it." said Eunji. "Or I will."

What's so special about them anyways? That they have a lot of money? So what. They might have money, but they also have the ability to take someone's perfect day and flush it down the toilet. They think they're so good-looking too, but I for one feel like throwing up when I see their faces.

I watched as a girl who was sort of on the heavy side walked over and offered Luhan a cookie. They snatched the whole box of cookies rather than just one, pushed her to the floor, and started cracking up. "HAHA WHAT'S WRONG FATTY? CAN'T GET UP? MISS YOUR PRECIOUS COOKIES? HAHAHHAHA"

I could feel my blood boiling as my anger rose. I wished I could do something...but what? "Yah..Lee Taeyon..calm down," said Hoya.

I looked down at my hands and realized that my left hand was clenched in a fist while my right hand had just squirted all the milk out of Hoya's carton. "Oh..heh. Sorry."

The girl got up and almost immediately, Kai pushed her to the floor again and laughed until his eyes popped out of his head.

"That's it." I said, standing up. Someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see Tiffany asking, "What exactly are you gonna do Taeyeon?"

What am I gonna do? Right....I haven't really thought this through. "I don't know.." I sighed as I sat back down. I really needed to get my mind off those jerks. And the fact that I was starving, since I hadn't eaten dinner last night or breakfast this morning.

"...Are you guys going to dance class today?" I asked. "Of course!" smiled Minjun. The others nodded in agreement. "Well, I'll see you guys there. There's only 5 minutes left of lunch and my next class is ALL the way across the school . Don't wanna be late on the first day."

"You're such a nerd." said Hoya.

"I know." I agreed. It's true. No doubt about it. I'm the girl who somehow ends up being the teacher's pet, without even trying.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and left the noisy room.

I finally reached my classroom, which was 5,000 miles away from the rest of the school, 2 minutes after the bell rang. I smiled at the teacher as I walked in, and sat in a random seat at the back.

The teacher started talking. "Hello class, I'm Miss Kim, your World Literature teacher. When I call out your name, please say 'here.' Changjo?"

"Here."

"Ricky?"

"Here."

"Taeyeon?"

"Here" I said.

"Jonghyun?"

"Here."

"Kai?"

"AWW YEAAAAH BOIII." causing Chanyeol and Baekhyun to burst into laughter.

The teacher raised her eyebrows and glared at him before going back to the list.

"Jessica?"

"Here."

"Suzy?"

"Here."

"Kris?"

...

.....

........

"Kris?"

"...Okay not here, I guess." and went on to say the rest of the names.

When she was done, the door burst open. And there was Kris.

"Excuse me sir. You are 5 minutes later. I'm only letting you off for today, since it's the first day. Go sit down." Kris walked to the back of the room without even taking a second to apologize for his tardiness. Another teacher walked into the room to talk to Mrs. Kim, which means that all the students started talking loudly again.

"Get up." I heard.

Who was that? I looked to my left, then to my right, then assumed the person wasn't talking to me and stared in front of me again.

"Yeah. I'm talking to you. Get up."

This time the voice slapped me on the back. I whipped my head around to see Kris standing there with an angry expression on his face. I should be the one who's angry. I just got slapped on the back by a rude jerk. But I stayed calm.

"Why?" I asked.

"That's MY seat." he said. "Really? Who said?" He scoffed and said "Do you know who I am?" Are you kidding me. "No. I have no idea who you are. Do inform me."

He seemed a little bit taken aback by this. "I'm KRIS. The richest kid in this school? The best-looking in this school? So get up. I want to sit there."

"You know what Mr. IthinkImSuperRichAndCoolAndGoodLooking? You can't just walk around and act like you own this school. You may be rich, but you're an awful person. Now I don't want to talk to you, so go sit somewhere else."

He opened his mouth to say something again when the teacher, who just finished her conversation, said "KRIS! Sit down next to Taeyeon."

"Who's Taeyeon?" he asked. You obviously know my name you idiot. You just want to embarrass me. "She's the nerd you're standing next to right now" snickered Baekhyun, loud enough for me to hear, but not loud enough for the teacher to.

"Just take a seat right there Kris. We have to start class now. Okay everyone, I hope you all did your summer reading, because you're having a pop TEST on it right now. When you finish, just leave it on your desk and I'll come pick it up when you put your pens down."

The whole class groaned. "Are you kidding? Who ACTUALLY does summer reading..." whined Kris.

"I do.." I muttered, without looking at his ugly face. I could see him looking at me through the corner of my eye. Whatever. I don't care if he thinks I'm a nerdy loser. I don't care about anything he thinks at ALL.

The kids in the front rows passed back the test papers. I could hear all the kids in the rows in front of me whining about how hard the questions are.

"MRS.KIM THIS IS SO HARD. Oh no..it's DOUBLE SIDED??" yelled Kai.

"I don't think it's that bad." said Changjo.

"EVERYONE. If I hear another word, you will get a detention." The whole class quieted down.

When the girl in front of me passed the test to me, I took a glance at the questions and thought...Wow. This is so easy. The questions were so simple and basic.

Within 15 minutes, I was nearly done with the entire test. My pen rolled to the right and fell from my desk to the floor. Kris glanced at the pen, which was close to him, then ignored it and stared back at his paper. Thanks man.

I struggled to reach for my pen. When I finally got it, I sat back up, and saw Kris staring at my test. I looked down at his and realized he didn't write down a single answer yet. "Yah! Are you copying my answers?!" I whisper-shouted.

"Yeah, thanks for noticing. Can you tilt it a little bit in my direction so I don't have to turn my head as much?"

"Wow you are UNBELIEVABLE." I said, not realizing how loud I was talking.

Suddenly, a hand swooped down and picked up my test and Kris's test, replacing them with pink slips. I looked up to see Mrs. Kim. "Mrs. Kim I didn't finish yet. I still have to answer the last question" I said.

"Oh yes you did." she said. I looked down at the pink slip on my desk. "Afterschool detention. Time: 2:30-4:00PM. Room: 208. Teacher: Mr. Sung. Reason: Talking with Kris during test." My eyes widened as I looked over at Kris's slip.

"Afterschool detention. Room: 208. Teacher: Mr. Sung. Reason: Talking with Taeyeon during test."

"But Mrs. Kim!! I-" I tried to defend myself.

"TAEYEON. NO buts. Please be quiet, other people are trying to finish their tests. You're lucky I won't be giving you a ZERO for yours. I'm being nice, just letting you off with a small afterschool detention."

I felt my world crashing down, imagining every possible scenario of my dreams ending because of this detention.

"Wow Lee Taeyeon! You got consecutive A pluses throughout all your four years of high school! And you've won so many national dance awards! And you've done so much charity work! I think we have a new stud-wait. What is this. Detention during junior year of high school? BE GONE FROM HERE."

I could just imagine the booming words coming out of the mouth of the admissions director from my dream college. This....is my first detention. EVER. Heck, I never even got one of those 'card changes' in kindergarten.

I looked at Kris's face, and he seemed like he couldn't care less. He glanced up at me and smiled when he saw how worried and upset I was. "Loser." he commented. "Jerk." I said back. The bell rang.

Kris got up, smiled at me, and said "See you at 2:30, sweetie."

Thanks Kris. You ruined my first day of junior year.