Tao Rejects You

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

“I don’t know, Yin. What if Tao doesn’t like me?” You were worried, and played with your fingers. “How would you know if he does or doesn’t?” Yin cackled. “That’s the thing. I don’t know,” you threw your hands up in the air, and Yin continued on giggling.

“You’ve liked him a year and a half already, right? Just confess! If he doesn’t like you, it’s fine. Tao’s not the only guy in the world, you know,” your buddy Yin replied, and you softly punched her right arm.

“You’re like one of his closest girl friends. Shouldn’t you tell me if he likes me or not?” You pouted cutely, but Yin shook his head. “I can’t tell you anything, because I know nothing,” she stuck her tongue out at you, and you rolled your eyes.

“I’m scared,” you muttered quietly, and Yin ruffled your hair. “You’ll be fine,” Yin said, and you sighed aloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Tao greeted his friends, as his best friend Kris had asked everyone out for a meeting. “Kris is about to make a confession,” Minseok teased, and Tao laughed.

“To whom?” He was curious. ”Tch, who else?” Jongdae raised an eyebrow, and soon said your name.

Kris blushed, whilst Minseok, Jongdae, and Yixing laughed teasingly. Tao had a shocking expression, as he too, liked you also. 

“Sorry that I’m late! I was out buying lunch,” Luhan shouted, in which snapped Tao out of his thoughts. “Look, there she goes!” Jongdae pointed at you, as he saw you entering inside the canteen.

“Do you think she’ll like me?” Kris questioned, and Luhan furrowed his eyebrows with confusion. “You…like her?” He queried the giant. “Yeah, I do. It’s been a while now,” Kris chortled, and Luhan turned to face Tao.

“This is such a lame meeting. Haha! I’m going to go back to studying in the library,” Tao spoke up, before Luhan can speak. “Tao,” Luhan mumbled out to the young kid, but he vanished within seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, are you going to confess? He’s getting out of wushu class soon,” Yin teased you, as she poked your sides. “Stop it!” You tried hard not to blush, since Yin has been bugging you all day about Tao.

“Look, I really root for you and Tao, okay? I’m pretty sure he’s really into you,” your friend pushed you some more. “But I don’t want Tao and I to become awkward,” you pursed your lips together afterwards.

“It won’t be awkward if you don’t make it awkward,” Yin replied, which is true.

The doors to the wushu class flung open finally, and out ran the students. You choked on your breath, as Yin gave you mild support and sped off. You were alone in the hallway, and you waited for Tao. 

“Hey,” he gave you that awkward smile every time you’re both caught alone. “Hi,” you greeted back, trying your best not to make a fool of yourself. “I don’t assume that you’re here for practice,” Tao joked, which made you giggle inside.

“I have something to tell you, actually,” you said. “Oh, what is it?” Tao asked, smiling wider now. “Tao, I’ve liked you for a very long time now. I know that we both don’t know anything about each other, but we can,” you finally confessed with all your might.

Tao’s smile faded away within seconds, and you felt your racing heart slowing down too.

“I’m sorry,” he picked up another smile, “but I’m already seeing someone else.”

‘ my life.’ You mumbled inside your head.

“Oh, pwuahahaha! Silly me. I’m sorry,” you apologized, trying your best not to cry. “No problem,” Tao forced a smile, and came to ruffle your hair. “We can still be friends though, right? No awkwardness?” You asked, looking up at Tao with your eyes glistening.

He nodded his head with a cute eye smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Tao reached home, he locked himself in his room. Bursting out the tears he held in, Tao cried out for your name. 

After knowing that his best friend had liked you too, Tao gave in a choice to give you up. He’s not the type to like drama, and doesn’t want to lose his friends either.

Tao wanted you as much as you wanted him, but he didn’t want to hurt Kris. It wouldn’t be fair for Kris, if you and Tao were happy. Therefore, he decided to let you go, rather than see a best friend cry.

You curled up in a ball on your bed, as you too, cried your heart out. Never once, have you thought that your confession would be such a failing heartbreak. 

You haven’t told Yin anything, and you didn’t know how to. It was too good to be true, and you knew that everything you ever wished to have, has fallen.

A year and a half of liking Tao, and in the end, you’ll both just remain as friends. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

©kpopchipmunkparody I’m just feeling really down right now. Something is kind of happening similar like this, and I had to write this out. Sorry though, my dear requestors! I’ll soon write out the requests! XDD