when chen breaks up with you, because he thinks you deserve better. [pt.1]

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

It was almost November, and the cold air was truly burning your legs. Even though you were wearing thick leggings under you cute red skirt, the cold found ways to enter through the thickness.

“Hey,” Chen greeted you at last, and you stood up from the bench you sat. “What t-t-took you s-s-so long? I was f-f-freezing,” you shook from under the huge coat that wraps around you.

“Sorry, manager was having a meeting with us. I should’ve left you a text, eh?” Chen scratched the back of his head. “It’s fine. Let’s go!” You replied, and then drags him inside the warm movie theaters. 

With your fingers interlocking Chen’s, your entire body warmed up quickly. You were the happiest girl on earth to have dated EXO’s member Chen. Though there are many fan girls out there who wants to murder you, it didn’t matter. Chen was yours.

“Awww!! The movie was just perfect! The plot of the story was truly sad. I seriously thought that maybe the main girl wouldn’t get back with the main guy, because of the misunderstanding. But after everything cleared up, the two got back,” you squealed forever.

“Yeah,” was all that came out of Chen. “Are you okay?” You fell worry, as Chen usually isn’t like this. “Huh? I’m fine…” he sheepishly smiled, but you knew that he wasn’t fine.

“Did you not like the movie?” You asked him, and Chen shook his head. “I liked it,” he simply answered with a small smile. “Well, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat!” You changed the subject, hoping that it’ll brighten Chen’s mood.

*beep beep*

Chen’s cellphone beeped for a text message, and he quickly checks it. You stood there patiently waiting to see what the message would be.

“I have to return back to the dorm,” Chen told you. “Oh,” you were quite upset upon hearing this, but you understood your boyfriend’s situation. He is a popstar after all. 

“You should go,” you tell him with a smile. “But…what about dinner? I thought you were hungry?” Chen asked in concern. “It’s okay. It’s not like as if I dine alone with our kitty cat, Chilly,” you answered.

“Okay then, I’ll walk you home and return back to the dorms then,” Chen offered, and you nodded your head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two days, Chen didn’t pick up or reply back to your texts. You were starting to get worried, and decided to visit him. Besides, the EXO-M members weren’t going to stay in Korea for long, and you wanted to spend at least a couple of hours each day with him before his return.

“Who is it-“

“Hello, this is Chilly! I’m looking for my papa!” You jokingly spoke in a baby voice, as you held both yours and Chen’s white and gray striped kitty in front of leader Suho’s face. “Hahaha! You’re so cute. Are you looking for Chen also?” Suho asked you, as he poked his head out to peek from behind Chilly.

“Yeh,” you shyly answered. “Come on in. He’s in the room napping,” he answered with politeness. “Thank you,” you thanked him sincerely, as you entered inside the dorm. “Hi guys,” you greeted the 10 members, who were sitting in a large group inside the living room.

“Yo!”

“Wassup!”

“How’s it been?!”

The boys all greeted back.

“It’s been wonderful,” you smiled cheekily at everyone. “Hey, you brought Chilly! Can we play with her?” Lay asked, and you nodded your head. “I want to hold her first!” Sehun shouted, and the boys all ran for the kitty. You laughed at the silly boys, and handed Chilly to Suho, as he stood from behind you. “I’m going to see Chen now,” you told them all, and then makes your way to Chen’s room.

You knocked at first, but not a reply came. So you opened the door and saw a peaceful looking baby Chen, sleeping. Smiling at the figure, you sat down on the floor, and raised your hand up to his loving cheekbones, ran your fingers through his hair, and lightly pecked him on the lips.

With that doing so, Chen’s eyes fluttered open. You were taken aback, and apologized for disturbing his sleep. He shook his head, as he lightly heaved a sigh.

“What are you doing here?” Chen asked. “You haven’t been replying back to my calls and texts, so I decided to visit you. I was worried if maybe you were sick or so,” you answered. “Well I’m fine, okay?” He gave a rather harsh reply, and turned around with his back facing you. “I know, I can see that,” you gave a confused response.

“Alright then, you can leave now,” Chen spoke in a tone you’ve never heard before. “Wait, what do you mean?” You were confused. “Don’t you get it? I’m tired of this relationship. I’m tired of us. I’m tired of you,” he gave you a blunt answer. 

Your eyes were widened in shock, but you didn’t try to cry either. Chen wouldn’t ever break up with you, as he was the one who wanted you. He was the one who promised to never hurt you, and now, he’s doing it.

“W-w-what do you mean, Chen?” You asked, hoping that he’ll turn around and troll around with what he said. “I want us to break up. I don’t want anymore of us,” his breath was heavy, and your heart dropped. “Oh, is there someone else?” You questioned. “No. There’s no one, alright? Leave me be,” he replied irately, and you bit your bottom lip.

Without anymore questions, you quietly left the room. Making your way to the living room where the boys were, they all gave you confusing stares. 

“Uhmm…I’ll pick Chilly up tomorrow,” you told them, and soon turned around with the tears streaming down your cheeks now. “Oh, aren’t you going to stay for dinner?” Baekhyun asked. “No thanks,” you tried not to choke on your tears, and quickly slipped your sneakers on. “Well, Chen can drop Chilly off later. No need to pick her up tomorrow,” Tao said, and you shook your head. “It’s okay,” you gave a last reply, and then left out the door.

Kris, who was feeling a bit suspicious about this, darted inside Chen’s room. Chen’s back was still facing the door, and Kris quickly pushed the door open. With the loud ruckus, Chen scoffed in irritation.

“Didn’t I tell you that it’s over?” Chen spoke up, as he turned around and found leader Kris standing before him. “You broke with her?” Kris asked, and Chen gazed down at the floor. “I had to,” he mumbled, and Kris scoffed at the answer. “You had to, or wanted to? Chen, you just lost the best woman in the world,” Kris told Chen, but he just shrugged.

“Yeah, she’s the best woman who deserves a better man. As I can’t give her anything better,” Chen replies. “Are you stupid, or what? Chen! Oh my flipping god! You’re making the biggest mistake of your life!” Kris yelled now, which caused all the members to rush over.

“Mistake?! I made the best choice for her! I’m such a bad boyfriend, who can’t even give her what she wants. Even a simple dinner, I can’t even dine with her. I’m always gone in China, and never home with her. So breaking up with her was the best thing I can give her!” Chen raised his voice back, and out of anger, Kris punched Chen on the jaw.

“Duizhang!” Luhan and Xiumin shouted, as they tried to pull back the giant. “Kris, calm down!” Chanyeol yelled, as he came to grab Kris also. “Yeah, beat me up all you want. It’s already too late,” Chen spat, as blood lightly leaked out from his bottom busted lip. “Even if it takes to put Chilly out on the streets again?” Kai asked, as Kyungsoo pushed kitty Chilly in front of Chen.

Eyes widened at the kitty he and you had found on the streets, Chen’s heart cried. He remembered it clearly. He remembers it now.

——-FLASHBACK——-

“Ice cream!” You jollily shouted at the cold ice cream Chen was finally buying for you. “You’re so crazy. The streets are covered with white snow, and here you are, eating ice cream,” Chen shook his head, and you laughed.

“Meow…meow…” your ears heard a kitten crying. ”Chen, Chen! Do you hear that?” You asked him, and Chen tried listening too. “Meow…meow…” the crying continued. “We have to look for this kitten. It must be so cold!” Chen told you, and you both started following after the noise.

It led you both near a black truck, and the noises were coming from under the truck. Bending down to check, there stood a cold shaking kitten. “Aww, you poor little thing, come here,” you called for it, as your hand tried reaching for the kitten. “Meow…meow…” the kitten cried. “Here, give him your ice cream. Maybe it’ll come closer,” Chen suggested, and you gave him a glare at first, but then you decided to use your ice cream.

The kitten came at last, and Chen quickly grabs the cold kitty. You both took it to a pet store, and had it groomed and cleaned. After doing so, the two of you found out that the kitty is a girl. Growing attach to it ever so quickly, you told Chen that you wanted to take the kitten home.

“Let’s name her Chilly,” you suggested, as you fed her. “I like it,” Chen agreed, and you both kissed. “It’s almost as if we’re parents,” Chen said, when he lightly scratches Chilly’s head, and you fed her. “We should be wonderful parents for Chilly, as she had lost hers,” you tell him, and Chen nodded his head.

——-End of Flashback——-

“Oh my god. What have I done?” Chen face palmed himself, as he couldn’t bring himself up to face poor Chilly.


 

This is for kpopfantasyworld, as she is AMAZING! Check her out, if ya haven't. She's an amazing scenario writer, and shall achieve all greatness and love. :)