Chocolates for Kai

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

It was Valentine’s Day, and you’ve prepared something special just for your crush, Kim Jongin. How long have you liked this kid? You had know idea, but really intends on confessing to him today.

The morning was cold, but holding your Valentine gift for Jongin was pure warm. You walked to school with a smile planted on your face, as you shielded Jongin’s gift tightly. It would be ruined, if the precious present fell on the floor.

“Oppa, oppa!” Female students swarm over to their favorite male classmates, as they passed out their chocolates. “Please eat well!” They hollered aloud.

Making your way past the students and inside the campus you entered, you saw Jongin reading a book in the hallway. He was alone, looking dashing like himself, and bored.

Just when you were about to walk up to him and confess, Jongin lifted his face up and both of his eyes landed on you. Your confidence being build from all morning, dropped instantly. 

He flashed you a warm smile, and waved. You were frozen like a statue, and tried raising your hand up high to wave back. 

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” Jongin said aloud, and you finally broke free from the instant freeze. “Hehe…same for you,” you mumbled shyly, whilst blushing. “Are you really cold?” Jongin asked with that deep voice of his, as he slowly made his way towards you.

“H-h-huh?” You stumbled back on your feet, and almost tripped over yourself. “Be careful,” Jongin cackled, as he caught you by the arm, and held you. “S-s-sorry,” you apologized quickly, and bowed.

“Here, borrow my scarf. I’m not that cold anyways,” he offered, as he wrapped his thick wool scarf around your neck. “Ah,” you were speechless, as Jongin neatly fixed his scarf on you.

“Hurry to class. The bell just rang,” he winked cutely, and left to his homeroom first. 

You touched your burning red cheeks, and smiled to yourself, as your fingers traced over the scarf. Suddenly, you remembered about the gift for Jongin. Before you can even get to him, the hall monitors were already rushing for all the students to head to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was lunch time, and you were struggling from getting out to greet Jongin. You wanted to thank him for lending his scarf, and then confess. It’s Valentine’s Day, which meant a love day, and you wanted everything to be special.

“Have you confessed?” You overheard your female classmates talking. “Of course, and he said yes!” They squealed with delight, which got your heart racing even more.

Would you be as excited as your classmates, if Jongin accepts your confession? Well of course! You’ve been in love with him for god knows how long, ever since you were placed to tutor him two semesters ago.

You then exited out of homeroom, and walked to find Jongin. He wasn’t inside his homeroom, and not in the canteen either. Jongin always loved to dance, so you decided to check the school’s dance room, but he wasn’t inside too.

You were getting frustrated, and the pressure of confessing to Jongin was building down. Questions then came into your head, and slur your esteem of being with Jongin.

What if he doesn’t like you?

What if he rejects you?

What if he already has a girlfriend?

NO!

“Hey, isn’t it too cold for you to be wandering out in the soccer field?” You heard Jongin spoke up from behind, and your eyes shot wide open. 

You were too busy thinking about Jongin, in which you hadn’t even notice that you were out by the soccer field already.

“J-J-Jongin,” you stuttered with shyness, and your face once turned hot again. “Y-y-yeah?” He mocked you, and chuckled. “Yah,” you pouted at him, and he laughed even harder. “It’s not funny,” you scowled this time, and lightly punches his arm.

“Okay, okay. It’s just, you’ve been stuttering all day today,” Jongin quieted down from laughing, and smiles at you again. “That’s because…because…” your hand gripped tightly on the white box you’ve been holding for quite some time.

“Because?” Jongin raised both eyebrows, as he looked at you. “Happy Valentine’s Day!” You shouted aloud, and shoved the white box up in front of Jongin’s face. “Thanks?” He gave you a question-like answer, and then grabs the box from your hands.

“Wait!” You stopped Jongin from opening the box. “Yeah?” He tilted his head to the side cutely, and you bit your bottom lip. “IlikeyouforsometimenowJonginandIwouldlikeustoknoweachothermore,” you mumbled jibberish all in one breath, and soon started breathing heavily afterwards.

“Please speak Korean?” Jongin teased, and you playfully slapped his arm, and then cupped your burning cheeks. “I like you!” You blurted out your confession simply, whilst shutting your eyes tightly.

You slowly opened your left eye, and peeked over at him. You caught Jongin chuckling to himself, and then a finger poked your forehead.

“Pabo-yah, why didn’t you just say so?” He smiled once again, and you opened both eyes to stare at him in confusion. “I like you too,” Jongin replied back, and leaned in to kiss your forehead.

In that moment, you felt like the entire world stopped. Everything spun around you like in movies, and your heart had exploded like fireworks of joy.

“Y-y-you do?” You asked to make sure, because Jongin is such a big tease. “I-I-I-I-I do,” he jokingly stuttered back, and you beamed with excitement.

Jongin opened the white box, and pinched your cheek after seeing his gift.

“A mug of me filled with chocolates, huh?” Jongin asked, and you giggled lightly. “I made the cup in ceramics class, okay. It took me forever to get your cowlick hair correctly,” you explained him the details, and Jongin laughed.

“Thank you, as I’ve never received any chocolates before, or have I ever gotten a mug of me,” he thanked you, and you smiled with gracious. “Thank you too, for the scarf,” you tugged onto his scarf, and Jongin chortled.

“As long as it keeps you warm,” he replied. “You and your words keep me warm,” you responded with a cheesed smile, and Jongin cackled shaking his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

©kpopchipmunkparody another request from SMIRKSWEETLY! I hope that this one was kind of like “shy and adorable” that you wanted. I did at first, wanted Kai to be the shy one, but after reading about how he never received chocolates before, I SWITCHED IT AROUND. Thanks for requesting!!! XDD