You're Sick, and Didn't Want Ken to Know

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

You haven’t been feeling the greatest for the past two days, as you’ve gotten the flu. However, you’re the stubborn type who doesn’t like to take medicine either, as you tell everyone that your immune system is super strong.

Whilst napping away, your phone started to ring loudly. Irritated by the fifth time it had rung, you finally picked up.

“Hello?” You mumbled tiredly. “Yah! I’ve been waiting for nearly an hour already. Where are you?!” It was your boyfriend Ken on the other line, and your eyes fluttered opened in shock.

Has he already returned back home from America?

“Sorry, I kind of forgot…” you silently replied, trying not to cough. “Tch. If you don’t get here in twenty minutes, you’ll see a very angry Ken at your front door!” He raised his voice at you, which was the first ever.

After hanging up without saying a goodbye, you weakly jumped out of bed and tried to find something to wear. Ever since you’ve been sick, you haven’t gotten the chance to do your laundry, or clean your apartment. So if Ken was going to ask about coming over for a visit, there was no way in hell you were going to let it happen.

~

You’ve finally reached at the café both you and Ken had agreed to meet, and you saw him standing outside alone. Afraid that he was going to yell, you slowly approached him trying to give him the sweetest smile.

“Hey~” you greeted him.

He glanced at you for a quick second, and then rolled his eyes at another direction. You pouted at his action, and then tried to reach out for his hand.

“How can you forget?” Ken questioned, as he placed both hands in his pockets. “I’m…sorry. I’ve been…caught up with school,” you answered, and Ken just raised an eyebrow at you.

“Let’s go back to your place,” he said, and then starts walking towards the direction. “Wait, no! We can’t!” You shouted, and tried your best not to cough. “Why not?” Ken asked, and you stared down at the ground trying to find an answer.

“First you ‘forget’ about our meet up, and now you won’t let me go to your place? I know that I’ve debuted in VIXX, and have stood you up sometimes, but I think you’re by far the worse,” Ken spat out, and your heart was crushed by his words.

If only he knew that you’re sick, but you didn’t want him to worry either.

“I said I’m sorry,” you mumbled quietly, trying to make sure that your raspy sick voice wouldn’t be heard. “You know what? Just forget it,” Ken muttered in frustration.

“Eh?” You were confused at hearing the tone of his voice. “Ken…” You called to him, as he brushed past you at another direction. “Are you cheating on me?” He questioned you.

“W-w-what?” You cleared your throat, trying your very best at not coughing. “Have you been seeing someone else?” Ken turned to give you a cold stare. “No,” you answered him truthfully.

“Then why are you acting like this?” He asked. “Because…I…You see…” trying to explain, you felt your vision blurring. “Well?” Ken waited for your explanation.

Your breathing became hard, and your body felt heavy. Maybe it was a bad idea to have stormed out of your room, instead of telling your boyfriend about your flu.

“Yah, yah. Jagi,” Ken waved his hand in front your face, but then your body had decided to give up on the little strength that carried you.

~

Hours later, your eyes slowly opened up to see a white wall surrounding you. Your tired eyes searched around the room, and they landed upon your boyfriend.

“Ken,” your dried throat called to him. “Hey,” Ken squeezed your hand tightly, as he woke up to your voice. “Am I at the hospital?” You queried. “Yes, and you’re going to stay here until you’re all better,” Ken answered, as he added a smile too.

Weakly giving Ken a smile back, you nodded your head at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were sick?” Ken asked, squeezing your hand tighter. “Well, due to promotions and all…I didn’t want you to worry about me,” you answered, and Ken chuckled.

“Silly, it’s my job to worry about you too, okay? You’re my girlfriend, who is really special to me. Next time, just tell me,” he replied, and you felt yourself blushing.

“Yeh,” you nodded your head at him. “Now rest,” Ken told you, and kisses your forehead. 

@kpopchipmunkparody MY VIXX FEELS. ERMAHGERD. I LOVE KEN! <3 Hahaha