When Lay Forgot That He Had Scheduled A Day Off For Your Birthday

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

You woke up with pure excitement, as this was your day. The big day for your 20th birthday finally, and having EXO-M Lay as your man just makes your smile brighter. Quickly picking out a cute outfit and fixing your hair neatly, you skipped over to your favorite bakery downtown.

Giggling to yourself, as you remembered how luckily EXO-M were returning back to Korea for their comeback in November. Also, Lay had surprised you with saying that he’s taken that day off to spend it with you, since it was your special day.

“Thank you,” you paid for your cake, as the nice ahjumma handed your picked out cake. Taking out your cellphone and calling Lay, he didn’t pick up. Unfortunately, the call just went to voicemail. Thinking that maybe he’s still asleep or working with the band members right now, you decided to spend the day with your friends first. After placing your cake back at home, you called up your friends to hang out.

“It was nice to have lunch with you on my birthday, Yu Hee and Ji Yeol,” you thanked your friends, and they smiled at you. “No problem at all. I mean, I don’t mind playing the boyfriend part,” Yu Hee joked, whilst you and Ji Yeol giggled.

Checking your cellphone for over thirty times during the birthday lunch you had with Yu Hee and Jiyeol, you noticed that Lay never once had called or text you back. You were beginning to worry that maybe he has caught a cold, and the managers or members didn’t want to tell you. Therefore, you decided to contact Suho, who seems to always hang around with Lay, when Lay returns back from China.

“Oh snap, it’s Lay’s wifey calling,” Suho teased, and you giggled. “Hi! Is Lay around?” You asked. “Yeah, he’s been practicing all day. Wassup?” Suho wondered, and your heart sank at this. “Oh…I was worrying for him, because he hasn’t contacted me the entire day,” you answered, and Suho apologized on Lay’s behalf. “He’s been overworking himself these past few days, as the comeback is near,” Suho explained, and you sighed understanding. “I’ll bring lunch over and visit everyone then,” you suggested, and Suho agreed.

When you reached the dance room 30 minutes later with lunch, the boys all greeted you with sincere smiles. Half of the boys even wished you ‘Happy Birthday’, but Lay wasn’t in the room. As you had settled down with the members, and everyone started to eat, your eyes didn’t stop glancing at the door. Will Lay return back inside the dance studio, and spend his day off with you? It is your birthday after all.

Lay finally enters inside the dance room with a drink in his hand, and you smiled with delight at the sight of seeing him. As for his return, it was just a tiny smile and he slipped next to Suho. You were confused at his actions, thinking that maybe he’s just joking with you to see if you’ll get jealous, and then probably shouts out, ‘Happy Birthday!’

“Lay-ah, why didn’t you tell me that you were going to practice all day?” You asked, trying to stir up a conversation. “If you guys are going to use the bathroom, don’t even. One of the managers had stunk up the entire bathroom,” Lay blurted out with laughter, and the members all snickered with disgust. “We’re eating!” Sehun cried, but Lay continued to laugh. You giggled along, and reached out to hold Lay’s hand, as it has slightly felt like forever, since you had last touched Lay.

But even before reaching for him, Lay quickly gets up from his spot, and pulls his hoodie on. He walked up to the radio and pressed play, as the music blasted out loud and danced to it. You patiently sat there and waited, hoping that maybe this would probably be the way that Lay was going to surprise you.

Watching the time roll by, it was soon getting late. Lay has ignored you all day whilst sitting in the same room, and he had not even once glance at you. Heartbroken at this, you finally stood up from your seat. Walking up to the still dancing Lay, as the other members were stretching and chatting away, you pulled Lay to face you.

“I understand that the comeback is important, but can you not ignore me when I’m here?” You tried not to sound angry when asking him. “Tch, such a piss off,” he mumbled quietly, as to which you didn’t quite catch it. “What did you say?” You asked him, and Lay finally made eye contact with you. However, it wasn’t so friendly or lovely. His eyes were darted with hatred, which confused you. Was he going to break up with you?

“Do you have to always hang around when I’m here? Don’t you have work to do, or exams to study for? Me practicing, would be like you working or studying,” Lay spoke up, which got you slightly offended. “Oh, I’m sorry that I actually had a free day to try and spend it with my boyfriend. I mean, if my birth-nevermind. Just forget it,” you stopped yourself, as it was no use. “Okay,” he replied simply, as this wasn’t very likely of him. Lay always tries to get everything out of you, but this time, he just brushed it off like what you were going to tell him wasn’t important.

“If you’re trying to find a way of breaking up with me, why not be a man and just do it?” You finally blurt out your anger, and Lay turned back to face you. Thinking wrongly of what you’ve said, he rolled his eyes. “I guess, let’s break up then,” Lay said it coolly, and you bit your bottom lip in trying not to cry. “I see. Thanks for the present,” you muttered, and then stormed off before the members can stop you.

Lay shrugging it off, as he knows that you’ll come back to him, he went back to dancing. The members just stared at him in disbelief, until one of the managers walked in.

“Lay, wasn’t that your girl-“

“Ex-girlfriend,” Lay corrected, and the members scoffed.

“Okay, I guess, ex-girlfriend then. Anyways, I thought you purposely took the day off to hang out with her?” The manager asked, and Lay turned around to face him. “Why would I do that?” Lay questioned, and the members, plus the manager gave him the are-you-serious look. “It’s her birthday, you douche,” Tao answers, and Lay’s eyes widened in shock. “Oh !” Lay cursed under his breath, as he had totally forgotten about your birthday. How foolish of him to have been thinking so much about the comeback, in which he had forgotten about your special day.

Sitting at home alone while watching a movie and eating a couple of bites out of your cake, you sighed loudly. You and Lay had broken up, and this time, you weren’t going to up and go to him. If he truly loved you, he’ll be the one kissing . Anger was still triggering you, so you decided to go and sleep away the headache after crying. 

Lay reaches your place after panting so much, and started to knock on your front door. No one came to open up, and it was killing him. So he used the extra key you had given him, and walked inside after unlocking your door. After whispering out your name several times, there were no answers. His face frowned at the sight of your cake being picked on, and glanced down at the cake he just bought. Biting his bottom lip, he kicked off his shoes, and made his way towards your bedroom.

Finding that you were asleep peacefully at 9:46 p.m., Lay was shocked. You never slept so early, but it didn’t matter. Lay then placed the cake he had bought on top of your dresser, and walked over next to you. Sliding under the covers next to you, Lay lightly carried your head to lie it on top of his arm, and that’s when you shuffled around and woke up. To your shock, you pushed him away and quickly sat up.

“Hey,” he greeted you with a warm smile. “What do you think you’re doing? Get out!” You told him, but your heart prayed for him to stay. Pouting at your upset appearance, Lay got off the bed and walked over to your side. “Sorry that I had forgotten about your birthday,” he apologized, but you looked away. “It’s too late,” you murmured. “No it’s not. Your birthday doesn’t exactly end until midnight hits, my dear Cinderella,” Lay tried to joke with you, but it didn’t make you laugh.

“I bought you a cake,” he said, pulling the cake in front of you. Glancing down at it, you looked up at him after. “I bought one for myself already,” you told him, and then turned your head to face the other side again. “Please don’t be mad at me. I’m really sorry,” Lay apologized again, but you weren’t going to give in. “Okay, you have every right to be upset, since I had forgotten about your birthday,” he told you. “You were rude too. You ignored me all day,” you added. “Oh yeah…that too,” he scratched his head, forgetting about that. “Lay, I think it’s just best if we just stop,” you tell him, but Lay shakes his head. “Sorry that I’m a horrible boyfriend at forgetting things. But you have to remind me too, not just expect for things to happen,” he defended himself.

You looked at him with an angry face, but Lay just smiled at you with that heart melting dimple of his. Soon enough, you found yourself giving in to that dimple. Giggling now, Lay smiled wider, and the dimple was killing you slowly. “Come here,” you tell him, and Lay sat up to embrace you. “I’m sorry, alright? I promise that I’ll never forget again,” he promised, and you nodded your head at him. “I think you should carry an agenda,” you suggested, and Lay chuckled. “Silly,” he muttered under his breath, and then lifts your chin up to kiss your lips.

“Happy birthday,” he finally wishes at last.

 



 

I LOVE LAY AND HIS DIMPLE VERY MUCH.

I DIE EVERYTIME TO IT. LMAO!