Because Kris Likes You

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

It’s been over a week, since you’ve done nothing but sat on the bleachers and watched Kris and his team play basketball. You didn’t want to be there, of course. But it was for Hae Rin, as you have to wait for her every now and then.

She always never want to walk home alone, or she’d want you both to go out and eat together. On the other hand, thank god you had homework to busy you, or sometimes Chanyeol to keep you company.

“Do you have anything to eat? I had to skip lunch earlier today for a test retake, and I am starving,” Chanyeol groaned, whilst rubbing his stomach. “Haha, you know how to get hungry? Here, you can have my leftover chicken leg and rice,” you replied, and took out your retainer for him.

“Watch out!” Hae Rin screeched, and before you know it, you turned your head around to see a flying basketball hitting you directly on the face. “Oh my god! Are you okay?!” Chanyeol immediately shouted with that loud voice of his. 

You slowly sat up from the bleachers, upon hearing Hae Rin and Chanyeol’s voice. Your vision was blurry for a sec, and then shaking your head brought everything back. Your eyes landed directly on Kris, and he gave you a dirty smirk. 

‘This is war.’ You spoke inside your head, as you pushed Hae Rin aside, and exit out of the gym.

“Hey,” you heard Kris calling out to you. “What?” You threw him an angry look, and Kris chortled. 

He walked up close to you, and you tried backing away, but in no luck, you got stopped by a wall. It confused you too, as to why no one was around to help you. Kris came and slowly pat your forehead, and you felt your heart racing.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized with that gentle voice of his, and you looked up to see his face nearing yours. “Move it,” you tried pushing him away, but instead, Kris got you.

Kris kissed you on the lips, and your eyes widened in shock. You felt your heart stop for a second there, as his lips were really brushing up against yours. 

“Kris, have you seen-Oh there you are!” Hae Rin’s voice broke both your kiss, and you stood frozen, whilst Kris turned his head around. “Are you okay?” Hae Rin questioned you, as Kris made his way back inside the gym room.

“I’m…fine,” you replied, and Hae Rin raised an eyebrow at you. “Anyways, I hope that you didn’t try to hurt Kris. He was truly sorry, which is why he came out after you,” Hae Rin explained, and your thoughts of Kris snapped.

Hae Rin was in love with him.

“Ah, yeh,” you gave out a reply, and then excused your leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your phone started buzzing loudly in the library one day, and you quickly took it out to answer.

“Hello?” You didn’t even dare check the caller id, as you were too busy studying. “Kris…he…I am…so stupid,” Hae Rin was choking on her words, and you can tell that she was crying. “Where are you?” You asked with concern, and then took off from the library.

“Hae Rin-ah!” You shouted to her, as she was sitting down on a bench with several other girls you’ve never seen before. “Get away from her,” one of the girls demanded. “Some friend you are,” another said, and you were confused. “Hae Rin,” you called to her again, ignoring the girls surrounding her.

“How could you? You said that you didn’t like Kris. How dare you lie to me?” Hae Rin questioned you, and you froze completely on your post. 

Did she find out about the kiss? It wasn’t your fault. Kris kissed you, and for sure you still didn’t like him. Or do you?

“Hae Rin, listen to me. Let me explain,” you wanted to talk with her, but she kept pushing you away. “We were like sisters! I can’t believe you’d betray me!” Hae Rin screamed, and you were lost in thoughts.

“Don’t come here and explain anything. Kris made it clear that you’re both going out!” One of the girls shouted at you, as she handed you a blue colored paper. “What the hell does this mean?” You were shocked to find two pictures of you and Kris kissing, and had love quotes being written all over it.

“Hottest secret couple in school,” another girl read for you, and you shook your head. “This isn’t real!” You tell Hae Rin, but she dashes away from you. “If you liked the dude, why didn’t you just tell Hae Rin? It’d be easier, you know?” One of the girls said, and then left to find Hae Rin.

With Hae Rin mad at you, you then decided to check up on Kris. You needed to clear things out, as you weren’t clearly into Kris!

Pushing through the doors of the gym, Kris was practicing with his team. They all whistled at your entrance, and you glared at them all. 

“Girlfriend alert,” one team member joked, and Kris chuckled. “Hey, miss me?” He asked, and you forcefully grabbed him by the wrist, pulling him out of gym. 

“What the , Kris?” You asked, as you threw the crumpled piece of colored paper at him. “What? You don’t like it?” Kris questioned back, as he picks it up and smiles. “Why are you doing this? Are you out of your mind? I don’t like you!” You blurted out.

“You don’t like me? Tsk, you seemed to have liked the kiss though,” he shot back, and your clenched fists were ready to pound the man down. “Tell everyone that we are not together, and we’ll be even,” you demanded, but Kris turned his head away.

“No,” he stubbornly answered. “Just what do you think you’re doing, Kris? Are you stupid, or what? Don’t you see that there is clearly someone who likes you instead of me?” You practically yelled at him.

“This is about Hae Rin, isn’t it?” Kris mumbled, and you sighed in frustration. “She’s in love with you. So please, don’t lie to the world that we’re dating,” you didn’t know why, but your heart seemed to have broken a little inside, when you told him that.

“What about me, huh?” Kris questioned, and you looked at him. “What about you?” You were confused. “I like you. Wait, scratch that. I think I’m in love with you, and I don’t want to lie or act as if I don’t anymore,” he gave out his explanation, and you stood there, stunned by his words.

“Everyday, when I see you in the gym, I try my best to play and show off to you. Of course I know that you don’t care about me or basketball, but I do it for you. Plus, when I see you at our games, my energy pumps up at the sight of you. I want you, not Hae Rin,” Kris spoke in all honesty, and you looked up at him.

“I’m sorry, Kris,” you apologized, and then took off running. “Wait, stop!” Kris called after you, but you just continued away. 

You didn’t wish for this to happen, and hope that this was just all a huge nightmare. Kris can’t like you, as he’s Hae Rin’s to begin with. You rather be the one crying for not getting the man you want, as Hae Rin was the shining star like always. She gets what she wants, and lives happily. As for you, you learn to endure it and move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days passed, and you’ve done nothing but locked yourself in your apartment. You had multiple voicemail messages from Hae Rin apologizing, and a couple from Chanyeol’s concerns. But what did it matter? Why would anyone ever care about how you felt, when they never did?

“Are you really going to leave, because of one problem?” Your roommate Ara asked, and you sighed at your packed packages. “One or not. They might grow bigger, so I’d rather leave now,” you answered, and Ara shook her head.

“I know that we don’t talk much, because of my busy work of schedule and your school stuff, but let’s have a one on one roommate talk,” Ara suggested. “I’m fine, really,” you tell her, but she didn’t take no for an answer.

“Do you like the kid or not?” Ara asked, referring the kid as Kris. “I don’t know. I mean, I feel like I do, but when he does something to my friends, I get angry and just wants to beat him up,” you answered, and Ara laughed.

“I hope you know that he’s just doing it for attention,” she says, and you gave her a confused look. “Honey, he’s into you. If that kid knows that your weakness is to hurt Hae Rin by having you by him, he’ll do it on purpose,” Ara explained, and you didn’t want to believe her.

“Plus, if Hae Rin is considerate like how you have always been with her, she’d understand about you and that boy,” Ara said, and you gave your roommate a smile. “How do you know these stuff?” You questioned her, and she let out a laugh.

“I am 23 years old now, I know,” she replied, and you pulled her in for a hug. “Thanks for the talk,” you thanked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, you decided to dine alone at your favorite Chinese restaurant. While eating alone, your head rose up at the same time to see Kris entering inside with a couple of his team members. He too, saw you at the same time. Quickly, you placed your head back down and continued eating.

“Is anyone sitting here?” Kris came to question you, and you shook your head without looking at him. “May I sit here then?” He asked another, and you turned to face him.

“I’m actually about to leave,” you replied back, and Kris stumbled upon hearing that. “Sorry,” he scratched his nape. “It’s okay,” you responded back, and then called for your check.

After paying for your dinner, you left without exchanging goodbyes with Kris. Walking back home was tiring, and you just couldn’t stop yawning. Suddenly, you bumped into Hae Rin and two other girls. 

‘What is it with tonight? Bump into everyone night?’ You sarcastically asked in your head.

“Hey,” Hae Rin greeted you. “Hi,” you forced a smile. “Can we talk?” Hae Rin asked, and you looked at her two girl friends. “Sure,” you shrugged it off cooly, and Hae Rin smiled.

The two of you walked back to the University dorms, as the other two girls went off elsewhere. Hae Rin talked about how sorry she was, and that she didn’t mean to offend you in anyway. You explained back to her that everything is alright, and that you are to blame. But she blamed herself for being selfish, and not caring about your feelings. Both of you ended it with a hug goodnight, and Hae Rin ran inside the dorms.

“So can we make up next?” Kris asked from behind you.

©kpopchipmunkparody OMFGGGGGG! So I said that I’d post up birthday scenarios, but my friends came and took me out yesterday all morning long until night. I didn’t even make it to the bars. ;______; but then I sure did have a wonderful night. WINE IS NASTY. EW. LOL.