Making Peniel Smile

Wonderland With Your Biases

"She ended our relationship today," Peniel finally blurted, and the silence around you both got tense.

You turned your head to face your handsomely best guy friend. You saw the sadness in his eyes, but he tried to hide it with a fake smile.

"One year and seven months. Can you believe it? She told me that she saw nothing inside of me anymore. After continuous arguments, she said that nothing will work again. Therefore, she ended everything," Peniel continued the explanation, and you stood there frozen.

Maybe it's not the right choice to confess your feelings, you thought.

"I seriously thought she was the one. Three relationships, and three girls dumped me. What am I doing wrong here?" Peniel spat, and you looked at him blankly.

"Nothing, you're doing nothing wrong," you finally spoke up. 

Peniel ruffled his hair in frustration, and grunted angrily at the river. 

"She wasn't the one," you murmured, and you heard Peniel chuckle.

"No one is ever the one," he quietly whispered, as he kicked the soft grounds beneath him.

You bit your bottom lip, as were cluelessly at what to say next. Suddenly, and idea popped inside your head.

"Come on buddy. I'm going to make you smile and forget everything," you said, as you grabbed Peniel's hand. 

"I am in no mood to be happy," Peniel mumbled, but you ignored it.

-

"What is this place?" Peniel asked, as he watched the water shoot up high into the sky.

"Gwanghwamun Water Fountain!" You shouted happily, as you pushed your shoes off, and stripped off your socks. 

"I'm not in the mood to get wet!" Peniel yelped, but you grabbed his stuff and placed it on the ground next to yours.

"Have some fun for once," you told him, and gave him a small wink.

Peniel chuckled at your silliness, and followed after you. The water fountain was cool and refreshing, as the air was hot with no breeze. You ran up and down the street, as Peniel laughed with joy. You smiled at his beautiful smile, and watched him enjoy the water.

"That was fun, but now we're both all wet," Peniel said, as you both rest on the grass hill.

"It's okay, it was worth to make you smile again," you replied, and Peniel turned to face you.

"You know, you're the greatest friend ever. The best friend that I'll ever have in life. I love you very much and is thankful to have you," Peniel said, and you blushed at the 'I love you' part.

"You're welcome," you shrugged at him, and glanced away.

You felt your own tears building up from inside your heart, as you know that in this lifetime, Peniel and you would only be 'best friends'.


WAHHHH MY PENIEL! I LOVE HIM! Lmao! This kid needs LOTS OF LOVE. I swear, this kid has no love at all. lololol!