Really Great Friends With Eli, Just Shy To Confess

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

“Hey you!” Eli came running towards your way through the hall, and then lightly taps your head. “Yah,” you pouted at him, and rubbed the spot he had hit. “Oh my god, it didn’t even hurt,” he jokingly rolled his eyes.

“Shut up. Haha. Are you planning on dining with the guys today?” You asked him. “Maybe not. I’m kind of in detention mode for arriving late this morning,” Eli murmured, as he played with his fingers.

“And why were you late?” You asked with a mother tone. “Geez mom, I’m sorry for staying up late last night working on something important,” Eli sarcastically replies. “Well run along to detention before you get in bigger trouble,” you responded after, whilst shaking your head. 

“Well don’t leave me alone after school later, okay?” Eli asked with puppy eyes. “I never do…is something wrong with you today?” You were wondering why he was acting so weird all of a sudden. “Just stay!” He shouted before running to serve detention.

————————————-

Eating lunch with the guys felt pretty different without Eli being there, but you didn’t mind much. It’s just, you also didn’t understand why he was wanting you stay after school.

“Has Eli been weird around you guys lately?” You decided to ask your clique. “Ain’t he always weird?” Kiseop jokingly answered. “I’m being serious,” you scowled at him. “Well, Eli’s been canceling on our dates,” Kevin pouted, and everyone laughed aloud.

“Okay now, I didn’t need to know,” you shook your head at him. “Well, I saw hyung talking with Seo Jin the other day. Do you perhaps think that he likes her?” Dongho queried. “What?” You were shocked to hear this, and felt a slight pain your heart.

“Yah, yah, you’re just a kid and don’t know anything. Do not make such silly assumptions,” AJ told off Dongho, as he knows about your feelings towards Eli. “I’m going to use the restroom,” you excused yourself from the table, and left out of the canteen.

Making your way there, you just kept thinking about what Dongho had said. What if it is true? If Eli likes the popular girl Seo Jin, then it’s over for you. It’s not like as if any man has tried a move on her. Plus, Eli is a handsome and tall man, which is perfectly suitable for the girl.

“No, no,” you shook your head, and erased your thoughts. “Oh god, this ,” you mumbled to yourself, and headed inside the restroom.

———————————————

It was after school, of course, and you waited at the back gate for Eli like always. You were getting nervous every time you check the time on your watch, as you didn’t see Eli walk by. Maybe he had forgotten, and went to hang out with Seo Jin.

Then again, you shook your head once more. You planted a small smile on your face, and sighed. You can’t be selfish with your feelings, you thought. As long as he’s happy, you should be too.

“Sorry for coming later than usual. Seo Jin was talking so much, I grew tired and ditched her in the lab,” Eli laughed at the last five words, and you just smiled at him. 

‘So he was with her.’

“Are you okay?” Eli tilted his head to the side, and you nodded. “Let’s go, I’m hungry,” you replied, and then walked ahead. 

Eli was confused at your soft expression state, since you’re always so giddy and usually laugh at his explanations of being late. However, you just gave him a small smile, and it almost tore Eli up inside.

He was growing worried about you, because he’s dead on in love with you. Unfortunately, Eli thinks to himself that you don’t like him in return. He has been observing you for quite some time now, and notices that you seem to have more fun chatting with the guys than him.

“You said you’re hungry, right?” Eli asked, as he didn’t want the walk to end up separating you both to go home. “Yeah, and I’m thinking about making noodles when I get home,” you answered.

“How about we go eat somewhere else together?” He suggested, in hopes that you will agree. “I am broke though,” you answered and scratched your nape lightly. “It’s okay! My treat,” he gladly replies, and grabs your hand to hold, as he took the lead this time.

The two of you settle down in a tiny restaurant, and your heart was racing incredibly fast. Picking up a conversation with Eli may be difficult at this point, as you weren’t sure what to say. You’re just too nervous to say or do anything at this point.

“You know, if you want noodles, they have the best ones here,” Eli said straight up with no doubt, and you smiled at him. “I’ll just take what you order,” you replied, and Eli nodded his head.

After ordering the meals, you both fell silent. You would continuously sip your water, and Eli would just glance out the window. The questions you want to ask Eli were eating you up inside, and you couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“I have something to ask you,” you finally spoke after a huge gulp. “Sure, what is it?” He flashed you a charismatic smile. “Uhmm…do you like Seo Jin?” You looked away before questioning, as his smile was in fact killing you.

“Say what? Hahahaha! Seo Jin has a boyfriend, silly,” Eli laughed aloud, and your cheeks turned into shades of pink. “Well, Dongho assumed it, and it sort of bothered me all day,” you continued on.

“Oh, it bothered you all day? Why so?” Eli cocked his head to the side, and raised a brow. 

You gulped once more, and chewed your bottom lip. He was looking so handsome, and damn fine. 

‘So what if he rejects? At least I did it.’

“Because I…like you,” you whispered the last part. “Oh?” Eli’s eyes were opened widely in shock, and you shut your eyes shut, and lowered your head down. “If you don’t, it’s fine,” you spoke up immediately, telling yourself that you had blew it.

“Who says I don’t?” Eli asked, and then places his hand on top of yours over the table. “What?” It was your turn to open your eyes widely at him. “I…Uhh…liked you for quite some time too,” he let out a chuckle to cover up his nervousness.

“Really?” You were still in shock. “Yeah,” he answered with a wide grin next. 

You then opened your palm up and held Eli’s hand like how you had dreamt. The two of you couldn’t stop laughing at each other, as you both had thought so wrongly of one another.

“I’m so glad that you didn’t say you liked one of the boys. I seriously thought that you were into AJ,” Eli said. “I had to go to him for advice,” you giggled and shook your head. “I chose Seo Jin as an advice giver, since she’s my lab partner who never stops talking about her boyfriend,” Eli rolled his eyes, and you cackled.

“So…will this consider as our first date?” You questioned, changing the subject. “I thought this was already our first date,” Eli replied back, and added a wink.

“Oh Eli,” you chuckled at his silly acts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

©kpopchipmunkparody YO YO YO! Sorry for the late updates. Damn, I AM SUPERLY SORRY! But heyyyy! hahaha. Here’s your request, thekrisus! I hope you liked this, although I kinda dragged it along the wayyyyy. I didn’t mean for the scenario to be like this at all. my mind was too drifty. >_< oh yeah, and i changed the title. LOL