Superhuman Duet with D.O

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

“I don’t understand why I need to do the duet with him,” you whined to you duo member, Sooya. “Does it matter? You both used to date anyways, remember?” Sooya cackled, and you pinched her right arm.

“Aish! Yah, if you want to decline, then tell the manager. Complaining to me won’t be much of any use,” Sooya hissed, and exits out of the dressing room. “But manager said that I can’t back out,” you murmured to yourself, as you read the ‘Superhuman - Chris Brown ft. Keri Hilson’ lyrics.

—-FLASHBACK—-

“I have a surprise,” Kyungsoo said, as he sat up from the green grass you both had lay on. “You always have surprises,” you giggled at your boyfriend, and sat up along with him.

“I’ll be debuting soon in the group called EXO. Jongin will be there with me, alongside with Chanyeol hyung, Joonmyeon hyung, Baekhyun hyung~” the list went on, and you pinched his cheek with delight.

“That’s not just a surprise, but great news!” You cheered happily, and Kyungsoo’s nose scrunched cutely. “I’m really happy that you were also, beside me throughout all these trainee years,” Kyungsoo said, as he pulled you close to him.

“Oh please, don’t act as if you wouldn’t have made it in. You worked hard, and deserved the spot,” you whispered, as both your lips were clothes to each other. “I know, but you were my strength. My super woman,” Kyungsoo replied back, and kissed your lips.

“What do you mean by break up?” You looked at him dumfounded, as Kyungsoo had spit out about breaking up with you. “I’m sorry, but I think it’s for the best of us,” he replied, with a bit of tremble in his voice.

“Best for us? Kyungsoo, did I do something wrong?” You wanted to know why, but he wasn’t giving in at all. “Just…I prefer us being friends again. Sorry,” he apologized again, and then leaves.

—-END OF FLASHBACK—-

“Hello, hello! Earth to the dazed out alien,” your manager waved a hand in front of your face. “Huh? Oh, y-yeh?” You snapped out of your thoughts. “The rehearsal. It’s starting in five minutes, so get out there,” your manager reminded you. “Yeah, whatever,” you muttered quietly, and walked out of the room.

You grabbed a microphone from the backstage, and stepped up to the empty stage. Staring down at the blank seats of no audience, you let out a relief sigh.

No one is here to watch the rehearsal, and this will probably be easier, you thought.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo’s voice called out to you from behind, and your grip on the microphone tightened. 

He called for your name next, and your heart melted right away. Just how long has it been already, since you’ve two had broken up? Not even talking about the break up, but how long has it been since he’s stopped calling for your name?

“D.O sunbae, how do you do?” You turned around to give him a quick bow, and dare not face him. “D.O sunbae? Tch,” he chuckled, and you turned away with your back facing him this time.

“I’m really glad that the managers agreed on letting us have this duet. I thought that maybe I wouldn’t be given a chance, if I asked,” Kyungsoo spoke up, and you just nodded your head, not facing him.

Somehow, deep inside you, the feeling of anguish, sadness, and the love you both once had rushed up to your head. You felt tears forming in your eyes, and wasn’t able to speak. It was as if something large was stuck in your throat, and you happened to only listened to Kyungsoo talk.

“Okay, we’re starting in five, four, three, two-“

The music started to play, once the staff signaled using his arm. Kyungsoo took a deep breath, and then sang his part.

“Weak
I have been crying and crying for weeks
How’d I survive when I can barely speak
Barely eat
On my knees~”

You gripped onto the microphone tightly, and told yourself that you can do this. Just don’t look into Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“But that’s the moment you came to me
I don’t know what your love has done to me
Think I’m invincible I see
Through the me
I used to be~”

Kyungsoo tried to face you, but you would just walk away every time he’d came close to you.

“You changed my whole life-“

“Excuse me, but I have to use the bathroom,” you spoke aloud in the microphone, causing it to make a loud screech. “Fine, fine, go on,” the staff rolled his eyes, and you placed the microphone on the floor and dashed off the stage.

You didn’t know how long you’ve been inside the bathroom, but you were indeed bawling your eyes out. You still missed Kyungsoo, and wished that he wasn’t just sunbae, whom you have to address as.

He was supposed to be your boyfriend, but he isn’t anymore. Then all of a sudden, you have a duet with him. With so much emotions building up inside, you just couldn’t do it.

A knock came finally at the door, and you heard Kyungsoo calling for you. Covering your mouth and crying silently, you didn’t want him to hear you. What you didn’t know, is that Kyungsoo has been standing outside the bathroom for quite a long time. He heard your hurtful cries, and felt remorse for hurting you.

“Please, open up. You can’t hide in there forever. The managers are going to get angry, if we don’t get this done and over with,” Kyungsoo tried talking to you, hoping that you’d get out of the bathroom.

“Choose a different partner. I can’t…I just can’t sing this song with you,” you spoke in reply. “I don’t want to sing it with anyone, if it isn’t you,” Kyungsoo admitted. 

You opened the bathroom door, and finally came face to face with your once beloved one. He eyed you with sadness, and your heart broke seeing the bags under his eyes.

“I’m sorry to have hurt you. I didn’t mean it, because I still love you,” he apologized, and embraced you in his warm arms. “I still love you too, Do Kyungsoo,” you hugged him back, and reminisce about the past of your shared hugs.

“I promise to never hurt you ever again, my love,” Kyungsoo whispered in your ear, and kissed your cheek. “I don’t know,” you pulled away from the hug, afraid that he’ll just break up with you again.

“Please, believe me. I chose this song for us, for you. You’re my super woman, my superhuman,” he breathed his mouth close to yours, and your heart skipped a beat. 

“Going going I’m going away
In love
You changed my whole life
Don’t know what your doing to me with your love
I’m feeling all Super human
You did that to me
Super human heart beats in me
Nothing can stop me here with you, superhuman
Super human”

As Kyungsoo turned to face you with a smile, whilst you both perform on stage together, he breathed lastly into the microphone, “Superhuman.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

©kpopchipmunkparody ERMAHGERD. I JUST LOVE D.O I LOVE THAT KID! And after seeing his various TALENTS, hahaha. I think that I’d make him have a “duet” with the song SUPERHUMAN. His English pronunciation is so beautiful, I wish that he’ll sing this song with someone soon! *coughsTIFFANYcoughs* HAHAHAH!

b2stie, i danner if you liked this one, but this D.O scenario was stuck in my head FOREVER, and when you requested for a D.O one, i was like HEYYYY READ THIS ONE! lol