You Break Up with Lay, because You Thought He was still Contacting Her

Wonderland With Your Biases

 

You sat down on the subway to go home, as you thought about the fight you and your ex-boyfriend Lay had the other week.

Yes, it’s been two weeks, since the argument, and the both of you hadn’t have any courage to call one another. Moping around with groans and sighing, you really missed Lay.

*flashback*

“Lay, it’s over,” you suddenly blurted out of the blue, when Lay returned home late from work. “W-w-what? Why? How come you’re breaking up with me suddenly?” Lay asked in disbelief.

You took out a picture that had Lay and his ex-girlfriend on it.

“Where did you get this? We already promised to not look-“

“It came inside the box she stuffed in, Lay. She thought to stop by and visit you, because you had left your jacket at her place last night. Now I know why you were home later than usual yesterday,” you cut in Lay’s words.

Lay tried to grab your hand, but you flinched away. Carrying your already packed duffle bag, you didn’t hesitate on walking out of the shared apartment you and Lay live in.

“Wait,” Lay spoke up, and you stopped on your tracks. You heard his footsteps up close to yours, and you turned around to stop him. “Listen, okay? Yes, I did see her yesterday, but I didn’t go visit her. I ran into her coincidently, and she was drunk. I might’ve left my jacket with her last night, since I can’t remember clearly. I was too frustrated in trying to calm her down,” Lay explained calmly, but you didn’t know what to believe.

“I’m going to be at Yumi’s place for a while. Until then, leave me alone,” you gave a quick reply, and then darted out of the apartment.

*end of flashback*

“Yumi, I’m home,” you called out to your friend, as you placed your purse on the sofa. “Oh my god, I’m so glad that you’re back. I just received a call from Kris, and he said that Lay is in the hospital. I…I didn’t know how to contact you, since your phone was shut off,” Yumi panicked, and your blood raced up to your head.

Yumi soon drove the both of you to the hospital, and Kris greeted you ladies soon after. Showing you to Lay’s room, you saw a thin and pale face Lay sleeping on the bed. Your heart immediately cried, as you blamed yourself for Lay’s state.

“Lay…” you whispered out to him, as you touched his cheek. “Who’s there?” Lay asked tiredly, as he opened his eyes slowly to meet yours. “Yixing-ah,” you called out to his real name, and he gave you a weak smile.

“Hey…” he greeted you through the chapped lips of his. “Why are you like this, huh?” You asked in a worried tone, as you touched his face. “I couldn’t eat ever since you left, as the food didn’t taste good. Water too, wasn’t satisfying. Music became my food, and I would devour the beats and rhythm of it to sleep,” Lay answered weakly.

“Idiot! Don’t torture yourself like this! When I stepped inside here, I thought that you were dead,” you cried now, as your tears rolled down burning your cheeks. “But I’m not dead, just weak,” he tried to joke, but you couldn’t even laugh at this point.

“Don’t do this anymore, you hear me? I can’t afford to lose you,” you admitted, as you held tightly onto Lay’s hand. “Does this mean…you take me back?” Lay asked, and you nodded your head.

“I love you so much, you idiot,” you sniffed, and Lay chuckled at you. “I love you too, my angel,” he replied back, as he lightly raised his other hand up to wipe your tears away.

“What kind of unicorn are you, as you can’t even heal yourself?” You joke now, and Lay laughed softly. “A unicorn who can only heal the love of ours,” Lay answered, and you smiled at his lame reply.

“I’m sorry about my ex-girlfriend, okay? But you’ve got to remember that she’s my past, and you’re my present, possibly future. What I have with her then, isn’t compared with you now. As much as she prays for us to get together again, I’m already in love with you,” Lay explained, and you blushed at his sweet words.

“I’m sorry to have assumed that you still love her. I was wrong, and will never do it again,” you replied back, and Lay nodded his head.

“Get more rest, as I’m going to buy you tons of food,” you tell him, but Lay wouldn’t let your hand go. “I’m not very hungry anymore, now that you’re here,” Lay replied, and your heart skipped a beat.

“Oh Yixing,” you giggled.

©kpopchipmunkparody I wrote this LONG AGO in my notebook, and decided to share it. Heheh. Gahhh MY LAY FEELS. I just…love him. >______< I STILL LOVE YOU TOO, TAO!