Chapter Forty-five: Captain Jimin

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin woke up to find Soeun slumbering peacefully on top of her. Soeun’s face nuzzled peacefully in the crook of Soojin’s neck, her slow and rhythmic breathing tickling her. Soojin brushed Soeun’s hair and observed the others as they slept. Chaewon and Jimin slept beside each other while Heejin slept beside Hyunjin in a sitting position. Hyewon hugged Jihyo as they had slept, with Hyewon snoring lightly. The snores were barely audible. Hyejoo and Yerim slept beside each other, on Hyunjin’s other side.

As she lay on the mattress, they had laid out the previous night, Soojin recalled Jimin’s behavior the other day. She knew she was fond of overdoing a lot of things because of her competitive behavior but Soojin never realized the full extent of it.

Does Jimin have a crush on Jaehee? All signs point likely to it being true. I mean who does that to someone they don’t fancy? Jimin was literally pulling out all the stops to impress Jaehee. As she thought about Jaehee on the other hand, Soojin found Jaehee to be very likable. They got along really well and she was enjoyable to talk to. Quick-witted and perky, she always had a funny joke to interject. Jaehee passed the CSATs with good scores and she submitted an application to SNU. Before it was just Jihyo who was hoping that Jaehee passed, now it was all of them crossing their fingers for the good news.

Soojin’s morning reverie was interrupted when she felt lips gently brush against her neck. Playfully tapping Soeun, she looked down to see her girl with an alluring smile.

“Good morning baby.” Soeun said as she gave Soojin a good morning kiss.

The pair had cuddled some more before deciding to discreetly step out of the living room. The group had all slept together in the living room. Mr. Han hadn’t really expected the sheer number of visitors that they’d be having thus, only one guest room was made ready out of the two that they had. The girls didn’t mind it though, deciding to let the guards sleep there during their off time and they’d bunker down in the living room.

“Its okay sir, its more fun when we’re together.” Soeun assured a worried Mr. Han as he left them for their first night. The girls had brought out spare mattresses and blankets in the storeroom and placed them together. After that, each had went to their respective partners and dozed off for the night.

Sneaking out the door, they had found Mr. Han conversing with Dae-woo. The two seemed to get along as they chatted animatedly, sharing a cup of coffee.

“My father fought for Korea back then. I did my time but in my stay, there wasn’t a conflict. I was able to go back home and marry my sweetheart. After that, everything soon fell into place. Our lives were lit up when Jihyo arrived.” Mr. Han shared to the burly head of security as they looked at the field.

“That’s good to know sir. War is never something to everyone wants to experience. Even for us soldiers, war is a nightmare. We train to stay alive and do our job without getting killed, but we can never prepare for it. Especially for what happens when the dust settles.” Dae-woo concurred.

“Indeed young man. Is that how you got your scars?” Mr. Han asked.

Indeed Dae-woo was heavily scarred especially his facial area which took several shards of shrapnel when the Royce was blown up years ago. He was then a simple bodyguard, lucky to land a job after retiring from South Korea’s UDT Teams; the country’s equivalent to American Navy SEALs.

“No sir. I got out of the UDT Teams fairly unscathed. These came from an attack on Miss Soeun and her sisters. I tried to run into the car to yank the children out when the attackers shot a rocket at it. I never made it and was blown back from the explosion. We all thought Miss Soeun and Hyejoo were gone but after tests, we found out they weren’t in the car. Hope remained in their parents’ hearts and they never stopped looking for them. Sixteen years later, here they are.” Dae-woo recounted the experience while it played inside his mind. He recalled seeing two of his comrades getting shredded as the flying metal sliced them in half. Mr. Han put an affectionate hand on his shoulder.

“I understand. I’m sorry for what you had gone through and I am thankful that they are back now. Thank you for your service” Mr. Han said, tapping his fellow soldier’s shoulder as thanks.

“To be honest though Dae-woo ah, when I first saw your group, I thought Jihyo was friends with the daughter of the President!” Mr. Han said.

The two shared a laugh following his comment.

Soeun and Soojin went to the back and looked at the vast fields before them. There were a couple of their guards patrolling the perimeter. Chan-mi lent a hand in patrolling the surroundings too, making friends with Soeun’s bodyguards. Min-yeong was lending a hand to Mrs. Han as she prepared breakfast.

“I’d like to live somewhere like this.” Soojin said as she looked at the lush corn and rice fields.

“Its beautiful, peaceful. I like it.” Soeun concurred adding that she’ll start looking for houses for sale somewhere with matching surroundings.

“You just moved honey!” Soojin said, sharing a small laugh with her.

They had then went back inside going through another door in the middle of the house. Most of the girls had already woken up. Jimin was doing her morning calisthenics and Yerim was brushing Hyunjin’s hair. Hyejoo was over at the kitchen helping out. Jihyo was setting up the table along with Chaewon. Heejin was putting the mattresses and blankets away.

It was Jimin’s greeting that alerted the group to Jaehee’s arrival.

“Good morning Jaehee-ah!” Jimin brightly greeted her love interest. Making a point to show off her finely toned bicep muscles.

“Hi Jimin-ah! Good morning!” Jaehee said as her gaze drifted over to Jimin who flashed a charming smile.

Smiling back at her, she went to the kitchen to help with the trio inside. As Jaehee entered the kitchen, Jimin pumped a fist in the air. This caused Chaewon to quizzically look at her.

“Why don’t you try talking to her more? Go help in the kitchen.” Chaewon suggested.

“Great idea sis!” Jimin said, blowing a kiss towards Chaewon who looked away.

Jaehee was trying to drag a sack of rice into the kitchen through the back door. The rice in the container had run out, hence a new sack was needed. Seizing the golden opportunity, Jimin volunteered to carry the sack. Lifting it up effortlessly, she carried it into the house and placed the contents into the rice bin.

“That’s really cool Jimin-ah!” Jaehee looked at her in awe. Jimin was practically doing cartwheels in her mind.

“No problem, I got you.” Jimin said with a wink.

Heejin approached Jimin as she returned to the living room with a triumphant smile.

“So what happened?” Heejin asked.

“It went perfect.” Jimin said clapping her hand on Heejin’s shoulder.

“That’s my dude! I’m so proud of you.” Heejin said, clapping Jimin’s shoulder as well.

They had spent their time helping around the house, cleaning and putting things back in order. Mr. Han was shocked to see his guests doing housework.

“Ladies! Please make yourself at home. My wife and I will take care of everything, please just sit down and watch some TV or something.” He said trying to coax the girls into sitting back down.

“Its okay sir, we don’t mind at all.” Hyejoo said as she wiped the table clean.

Mr. Han tried to convince them more but Dae-woo chimed in.

“That’s all right Han-ssi, their parents raised them to be like that. Very down to earth young ladies.” He told Mr. Han as he stood beside him.

“But-”

“They’ll be okay. Trust me, these girls are more than what meets the eye.” Chan-mi said knowingly as he joined in the conversation.

“Meanwhile, about that plow you told me. Let’s take a look at it later after breakfast. Would that be okay with you sir?” Chan-mi said. He had heard Mr. Han tell one of his farmhands that the tractor plow was busted and would need repairing at the town center.

Agreeing, they had went to hang out at the porch until breakfast was ready ten minutes after. They all had a good meal, tasting that home-cooked goodness everyone was eager to try. As they ate dessert, they discussed about where they’ll be going later.

“There’s a sports field in town. You guys might like it there, there’s also good restaurants around.” Jihyo suggested.

“That’ll be great!” The incredibly sporty Jimin said.

“Will you be coming with us Jaehee-ah?” Jimin asked.

“If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter