Chapter Four: The Two Sisters

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I miss you.”

Soeun’s eyes grew wide as she reread the message that she sent to Soojin. The dame had sent a couple of roses as a reply. Was this a good sign? Does Soojin feel the same. I hope she didn’t scare the poor girl off.

Dusk was fast approaching and the restaurant’s opening was in a couple hours. Olivia went ahead to prepare the restaurant and she was left behind to make sure the house is all secure before locking the doors. Turning off the gas connection, checking the windows and backdoor if they are locked, Soeun was ready to leave. Putting on her favorite black jacket and making sure Guruem had enough food, she set outside to work.

Ssong remembered the first time she met her. Soojin was walking blindly and saw their restaurant. The girl was so captivating and fragrant that she unconsciously approached her. This actually caused the altercation that they had during their first meeting. The girl literally smells like roses, what was I to do? Soeun said as she walked on. The delinquents that she had clashed with crossed to the other side of the street when they saw her, afraid of another confrontation. Trudging on, she paid these oafs no mind as she briskly walked towards their restaurant.

The restaurant was Olivia’s pride and joy. She managed to open up a small restaurant from savings that she had earned during her previous occupation. Soeun personally never knew what Olivia did to muster up enough funds for a restaurant. She remembered Olivia being gone for most night, leaving her and Guruem alone in a small apartment room. Olivia used to have another girl named Yves. She was basically the same as Olivia, albeit Yves being a bit taller and rowdier than her unnie. Yves disappeared from their lives when Olivia and her moved her after she graduated from high school.

Coming up to the restaurant, she saw that it was already open and a few of the tables were placed outside. They lived near a residential area that housed a lot of office workers and people who work late nights. So it was Olivia’s idea to open a restaurant that caters to hungry people going home. It turned out to be a good idea since they were the only restaurant open, almost everyone went to them.

Soeun ran inside to help her sister finish setting up. Setting the tables, prepping the utensils and plates and lighting the neon signage. They were finally done. Putting on their aprons, Soeun went ahead and flipped the closed sign to open.

Olivia went behind the counter and began preparing some food items that were largely patronized. Soeun went towards the front to wait for customers. Soeun was the waitress as her older sister cooks the orders. It has always been their roles ever since the restaurant started.

Slowly, the customers began to trickle in. Ssong began to take their orders and deposit it on the counter. Deftly moving between each table, she skillfully handles the tray and delivers the customer’s order in record time. The night turned out to be a heavy night, the restaurant was full for most of the time. As she was delivering orders, Soeun couldn’t help but look towards the table where she and Soojin sat.

Two o’clock soon approached and the restaurant soon went back to its slumbering state. After closing the restaurant, the two sisters walked back to their home. Soeun had her arm draped over her unnie as she walked.

“You miss her don’t you?” Olivia said as they walked back home.

“Eh? Nah, I’m good sis.” Soeun said.

“Yah pabo, I could see you staring at the place you two sat in.” Olivia said tapping her sister’s head.

“Yeah, I do unnie.” She confessed shyly.

“Aiya, me and my gay sister.” Olivia remarked with a shake of her head.

The two sisters laughed and went on their way home. Basically the same thing happened, Olivia spent a couple of hours playing with Guruem and she went to her room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter