Chapter Thirty-three: Linked

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon was reviewing the notes she had made. Jimin and Heejin were with her doing the same. Jimin moved to Heejin’s place, saying the house feels lonely without their parents. So now there were three sources of chaos in Heejin’s apartment and she could hear the siblings’ bickering more often. But on the brighter side, she now had someone to play volleyball with. Soojin was absent as she had to go meet with Soeun today. It gave them breathing room to spread out their information without Soeun suddenly barging in. That was good, now they are hunched over the notes spread out over Heejin’s coffee table.

“I do think Soeun-ah is Sophie.” Jimin observed as she moved between Sophie’s photo and her present photo on Chaewon’s phone.

“Hyejoo doesn’t have any childhood photos of themselves as well.” Chaewon mused as she looked out to the sky.

“Except this one photo of them. Which wasn’t in their possession. If they were indeed Olivia and Sophie. But how and why did they change their names?” Heejin said, her neural gears finally cranking.

Chaewon looked at her best friend, surprised at the enthusiasm and effort she puts into the investigation.

“What? If they are indeed Jinsol-ssi’s missing daughters it would make Hyunjin really happy. All she talks about is how she misses her sisters.” Heejin said, defending herself.

“Wait did Hyunjin mention her sister’s names? Olivia and Sophie right?” Jimin said.

“Yes indeed. Her recollection of their personalities matches with the Olivia and Sophie who once lived in the abbey.” Heejin confirmed.

Chaewon had joined together a few vital pieces of information that makes sense. During the ambush, Hyejoo managed to get Soeun out of the car when Jungeun was extracted by the security guards. She got the firsthand account of the events from Jinsol yesterday as they conversed in her office. Chaewon’s theory of Hyejoo taking matters into her own hands matches and coincides with the behavior Sister Victoria described Olivia had. As they escaped, the two sisters probably roamed the streets looking for food and sustenance. This was the fuzzy part where only Hyejoo herself could corroborate. Due to financial difficulties the two sisters had to go from orphanage to orphanage. How many times they had moved was also unknown. But Chaewon knows through Jimin is that Hyejoo broke out of the last orphanage which was located at Daegu in 2012. What comes after is another fuzzy part that only Hyejoo could answer as well. Chaewon wanted to know first what had happened during those parts before drawing conclusion and breaking the news to both parties.

Chaewon would have to ask Hyejoo about the missing pieces. However, it would have to wait as she’d visit Jinsol in their house at her bequest. Heejin was also invited. Jimin was to come back to Uncle Seo who found some information about the vehicles involved in the incident. Apparently, they were now sitting at a junkyard at Seoul’s outskirts. Packing up their notes, they had went off to their destinations. Jimin in her Jeep and Chaewon and Heejin in her Tesla.

Soojin had rolled up at Hyejoo’s house, accompanied as usual by her faithful staff. Soojin stepped out of the car and knocked on the door. The engine was kept running as Soojin would pick Soeun up for their date. Despite her having a duplicate key, she wanted to display courtesy. Hyejoo answered the door and the two hugged. Soojin went inside to find Soeun coming out of her room. She had on a neat white dress with matching high heels.

Soojin was surprised to see Soeun wearing an equally elegant summer dress. She was surprised at this because Soeun always wore a shirt or a jacket along with jeans. Now Soeun was standing in front of her wearing a dress and flats complemented by a purse. She was gorgeous no doubt but Soojin wasn’t really used which is why she was caught off guard.

“Like it Soojinnie?” Soeun asked, twirling around.

“Yes… I love it…you.” Soojin said.

Hyejoo laughed at this. She was also pleasantly surprised at her sister’s change of clothes. This explains the bag she had when she went home last night from her gift hunting.

“You tried my style on last time, so I’ll try on yours. I love you too baby.” Soeun said pulling Soojin into a hug.

The two had went out before saying goodbye to Hyejoo, who saw them off before going back inside.

The couple was headed to Sky Rose Garden at Chungmoro atop Daehan Cinema. They were going to watch a movie before dining atop the Cinema complex. As usual, the two were wrapped in an amorous embrace as the car drove on. Soojin nestled her head on Soeun’s shoulder as they hugged.

“I missed you.” Soojin whispered.

“Me too Soojinnie.” Soeun replied.

“Where were you yesterday? We were supposed to watch TV together.” Soojin cooed into Soeun’s ear.

“I went somewhere.” Soeun cryptically answered.

“Mmm? Where?” Soojin shot back.

“A secret for now.”

“I also went somewhere yesterday.” Soojin revealed.

Soeun straightened up when she heard this.

“Where? With whom?”

“Chaewon unnie. Library.” Soojin replied gigglin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter