Chapter Twenty-five: After School

Striving With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin woke up to a slumbering Soeun. She was lying on top of her last night as they played about, sharing stories and jokes until it was time for bed. She cuddled with Soeun for a while unknowingly falling asleep on her. She looked around and saw Hyewon sound asleep beside Jihyo. Chaewon was in the middle of them all with an eye mask on.

Soeun stirred awake from her slumber. Cracking her eyelids open, she saw Soojin on top of her looking around the room. Brushing her hair had gotten her attention and she had smiled seeing Soeun was already awake.

“Good morning baby.” Soojin said, gently kissing Soeun. Cuddling some more before getting out of bed. They had decided to cook breakfast for the others.

It was examination day and they were a bit calm despite the odds. Soojin made the pancake batter while Soeun got out the skillet and spatula. As they cooked, they went through some concepts one last time. Softly to avoid waking the others.

They had about four more hours before it was time to go to school. They wanted to make a special breakfast for them. As a pick me up for the upcoming exams and as thanks for their host Jihyo.

The night before was fun. They had a blast at the convenience store eating one too many ice cream cones and potato chips. After that, they had walked back home in their merry state. However, they were still mindful of the noise as the houses were in close proximity. They had continued inside the apartment, chatting on and joking about the most random things.

“Hyewon-ah! When you become a writer one day would you make a novel about our story?” Soojin asked.

“That sounds nice! I’ll drown my readers with your lovey-dovey moments.” Hyewon said cackling in laughter.

They had then continued on chit-chatting and Jihyo even said she’d read Hyewon’s novel to her future children. It had threw Hyewon off by a bit but she easily recovered. Only Soojin was able to notice her minute change in mood.

“Hey Chaewon-ah, where do you live? We’ve never been to your house before.” Soeun asked, suddenly realizing they had no idea where Chaewon lives.

“Oh I live in Yongin with Jimin and my parents.” Chaewon replied.

“Yongin? I’ve been there sometimes, mom has a house there. She rarely uses that place though. What does your parents do?” Soojin said.

“My dad makes and sells guns. My mom owns resorts throughout Korea.” Chaewon explained.

“Oh, you two are kids of CEOs.” Hyewon commented.

“I guess me and appa are the only ones with normal families huh.” Jihyo added, chuckling.

“Yeah kid, they’re fancy and classy people.” Soeun said earning a playful elbow from Soojin.

They had continued chatting until it was about eleven in the evening, by then they had tucked into bed. Jihyo had inflated her airbed to accommodate the others during this night.

Soojin and Soeun had finished cooking pancakes when the others got up. Jihyo got out of the room first and greeted them as they placed plates on the table.

“Appa! Eomma! Good morning!” Jihyo brightly said with her usual smile.

“Eh? Appa? What’s that on your neck?” Jihyo thought that the red welt on Soeun’s neck was an insect bite and she mused that she made sure that the house was clean.

Curious, Soeun had went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror. Indeed her neck had a sizeable red welt. It had a circular, almost oblong shape. Coming back she found a flushed Soojin grinning at her.

“Sorry baby. You were so cute last night.” Soojin shyly said.

She had then went to explain that she kissed Soeun last night and she had unknowingly left a mark. Jihyo blushed at the revelation. Soojin apologized for the mark she had made.

“Oh its okay. I thought it was a mosquito bite.” Soeun said reassuring Soojin.

“Me too. I made sure the house was extra clean for all of us.” Jihyo said, relieved. It was a bit rainy and mosquitoes were buzzing rampant throughout the neighborhood.

“Really?! Thank you!” Soojin said, hugging Soeun.

“Oh wait, does it mean I could do it again?” Soojin snidely added with a smirk. This caused Jihyo to reacquire her crimson hue once more. She bellowed a nervous laugh to dissipate the awkward feeling. By then, Chaewon and Hyewon had risen and was preparing to go out. Chaewon had an apparent good night’s sleep judging from her frizzled hair and groggy expression. Hyewon still looked perky as ever. Sitting at the table, they had began their early breakfast.

After that, they had prepared for school. Chaewon went to shower first while the others prepared their outfit and things. Soojin chose to wear one of Soeun’s rock band shirts for a change. She had always been wearing pastel colored dresses or semi-formal attire. She wanted to try Soeun’s clothes for a change. Since Soeun was a couple inches taller than Soojin, the shirt’s hem hung lower than usual. She had paired her shirt with a pair of black jeans and sneakers.

“Act tough and your practically Soeun 2.0.” Chaewon said emerging from the bathroom clad in a bathrobe. She then went to Jihan’s room to change into her outfit. Jihan went next, Hyewon was next in line. After that Soeun and then Soojin.

Soojin emerged an hour later to the living room where everyone was waiting. As she stepped into the room an audible gasp was heard. They were in awe of Soojin’s new look. The black rocker shirt and black jeans really brings out a rocker chick vibe to her. Soeun’s jaw lay agape at the sight of her girl’s new look. Jihyo had given Soeun a band aid to cover the “Soojin bite” as they had taken to calling it.

“How do I look?” Soojin asked twirling around.

Her question was met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter